Options

The Headstones

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 712
    NEW ALBUM OUT TODAY. 
    Thanks!  Listening now
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    show last night KILLED. my 20th I think. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Saw them in Red Deer last night - they were fantastic! Nothing like a Canadian rock and roll show on a cold Sunday night :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    So Jealous.   They usually play Victoria, but skipped it on this tour :(   Haven't seen them since before Covid :(
  • Options
    they were on fire. unfortunately no peopleskills. I love that album, more than Flight Risk or Little Army. but, I guess it'll be the "forgotten album" since it came out just before covid. 

and it seems they are abandoning anything pre-reunion except hits. I guess with 9 albums, when you only play 16 songs a night, that's what you do. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY HUGH DILLON (THE REAL ONE)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    so after 30 years of being a hardcore fan of this band, a pre-everything-else-known demo has surfaced. I started a facebook fan group for the band a year or so ago, and made another guy from Toronto a co-admin. He has a shit ton of HS stuff, and knows a ton about the band. Someone privately reached out to him asking him if he knew of the band's first demo, when they were called Big Nothing, and asked if he was interested in buying it. 

I have never heard of them being called Big Nothing. 

I knew nothing of this demo. 

My co-admin had the demo digitized and sent it to me. This is some raw shit. Some songs ended up on their first HS record. Others were on HS demos. But a few of these I've never heard. 

This is like just finding out PJ was once called Mookie Blaylock and never hearing Mamasan before. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    so after 30 years of being a hardcore fan of this band, a pre-everything-else-known demo has surfaced. I started a facebook fan group for the band a year or so ago, and made another guy from Toronto a co-admin. He has a shit ton of HS stuff, and knows a ton about the band. Someone privately reached out to him asking him if he knew of the band's first demo, when they were called Big Nothing, and asked if he was interested in buying it. 

I have never heard of them being called Big Nothing. 

I knew nothing of this demo. 

My co-admin had the demo digitized and sent it to me. This is some raw shit. Some songs ended up on their first HS record. Others were on HS demos. But a few of these I've never heard. 

This is like just finding out PJ was once called Mookie Blaylock and never hearing Mamasan before. 
    Woah. would love to hear those.
  • Options
    Big NOTHING is:
    Hugh Dillon
    Trent Carr
    Adam Cassidy
    Mark Gibson

track listing:

A
    Don't Follow Leaders
    Heart of Darkness
    Sweet Pea
    Losing Control
    Gun

B
    Cemetery
    Sundown (Gordon Lightfoot cover)
    No Imitation
    Lost It
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    There is a music video for Gun that is attributed to the Headstones that Muchmusic played a bit. Never knew where that song came from. No fan I knew, knew either. Now we know. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    There is a music video for Gun that is attributed to the Headstones that Muchmusic played a bit. Never knew where that song came from. No fan I knew, knew either. Now we know. 

Good for #1 Headstones fan to know these things!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Headstones/I Mother Earth/Sloan in Winnipeg Aug 24, outdoor show. My youngest daughter's first HS show!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com