Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 630
    Anyone know if they plan to add anymore shows in NY/NJ? There are alot of empty dates around the shows.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    Any extra tix out there for the 10/2 Hartford, CT show?

I was shut out, so bummed.

Send me a PM if anyone has extra tix for the Hartford show.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,429
    I have a couple of extra tickets for Chicago's Monday show. Face value. PM if interested.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Jenfarr wrote:
    Anyone know if they plan to add anymore shows in NY/NJ? There are alot of empty dates around the shows.

probably not until Leg 2 ( after Europe ) .

There are also rumours swirling that rehearsal shows may take place at Continental Airlines Arena out in The Swamps of Jersey, as opposed to The traditional Asbury Park Convention Hall.
    These will be announced anyday now,....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    from Stan The Man at BTX

Stan wrote:
    Well the big news today was that they changed the radio station.
    Instead of listening to 94.3 The Point, we got to hear WHTG 106.3 FM (G-Rock, Jersey's rock alternative).
    Speakers are still out, still loud, drowning out all music from inside.
    People could make out a little of what was rehearsed inside. Some of the songs heard were "Something In The Night,":eek: "Incident on 57th Street,":eek: "Night,":eek: "You'll Be Comin' Down," and "Last to Die."
    And when I say heard, it was just little snippets here or there.
    Smaller group than yesterday, 25 people at the most.
    Everything finished by 1 p.m.
    Max Weinberg stopped quickly to sign a few autographs and take some pictures. Little Steven also stopped quickly for pictures.
    Bruce left at 2 p.m, didn't stop but did wave to everyone again.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    wednesdays Rehearsals Convention Hall AP NJ

wow ! :eek:
    Stan wrote:
    A beautiful day at the Jersey Shore brought out about 40 people to Asbury Park's Convention Hall for the third day of rehearsals by Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band.
    The speakers were out again, playing radio station 106.3 FM, but they weren't playing as loudly today and parts of songs could be heard
    My thanks to Glenn for filling me in on songs played before I got there.
    Before Bruce arrive, Roy and Soozie were working on parts of "Your Own Worst Enemy."
    They then worked on:
    1. "Waiting on a Sunny Day"
    2. Empty Sky (full band version, did it several times).
    3. Rising
    4. Radio Nowhere
    5. You'll Be Comin' Down
    6. Gypsy Biker
    7. I'll Work For Your Love
    8. Last To Die
    9. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
    10. Long Walk Home
    11. Devils Arcade
    They worked on the ending guitar parts a few times.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    thanks to stan the man ( again )
    Another fun day at Convention Hall in Asbury Park.
    Bruce rehearsed a song from "the vault" and a member of the E Street Band stopped for a few minutes to sign autographs and take pictures with the fans.
    Biggest crowd for the rehearsals so far, about 60 to 70 people, probably because it was another beautiful day at the Jersey Shore and many schools were closed because of the Jewish Holiday.
    Again the speakers were out playing radio station WHTG 106.3 FM.
    My thanks to Kram and his friends for filling me in on some of the songs played today:
    1. Radio Nowhere
    2. Badlands
    3. Something In The Night
    4. Gypsy Biker
    5. Long Walk Home
    6. Darlington County
    7. The Rising
    8. Thundercrack
    Bruce worked on this a few times.
    9. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    (very nice sax solo toward the end)

Some people though they also heard "Cynthia" being rehearsed but they weren't 100 percent sure.

Music finished at 1 p.m .
    Steve Van Zandt was the first to leave and again he stopped to pose for pictures. He did not sign any autographs but he did take quite a few pictures with people today.
    Max and Roy then left, followed by Garry Tallent who was carrying Bruce''s "Tracks" four-CD set in his hand.
    Bruce left about 1:35 p.m. He did a nice slow drive out of Convention Hall and gave a few waves to the fans gathered around.
    Clarence Clemons then came out and he stopped to sign autographs and pose for pictures for a few minutes. That was very nice of Clarence.
    He asked us "Are you ready to rock?" and everyone said "yeah!" Someone then said to Clarence, "Are you ready?" and he said "Oh yea, I'm going to be rockin!"
    When Clarence finished signing, everyone gave him a round of applause.
    Jon Landau was at the rehearsals today.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,429
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I have a couple of extra tickets for Chicago's Monday show. Face value. PM if interested.

Hey, this guy has extras for Chicago;)
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Hey, this guy has extras for Chicago;)

If only they were for NJ/NY/PA...

Still looking...
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark
  • Options
    If only they were for NJ/NY/PA...

Still looking...

rrivers wrote:
    Does anyone know anything about the Oakland show on sale date? brucespringsteen.net has it listed as 9/15 but ticketmaster lists it as Monday 9/17. I don't remember ever hearing of a show going on sale on a Monday so I will be at my desk on Saturday morning.

fuck i need doubles. oh well, theres always next year

Jenfarr wrote:

Any extra tix out there for the 10/2 Hartford, CT show?

I was shut out, so bummed.

Send me a PM if anyone has extra tix for the Hartford show.

dont pack it in yet kids !

according to the Backstreets News Section

there will be limited added shows but moreover, there will be ticket drops for already announced shows as they approach. Check it out !
    NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Hearing reports of hard-to-believe phone calls from ComcastTIX to shut-out fans, offering them another shot at Philly tickets.... that seemed like something to doublecheck. I spoke with Dave Homan, COO of New Era Tickets (which handles ticketing for Comcast), who confirmed that's exactly what they're doing.

"It's not a scam," Homan told Backstreets this afternoon. "We know that we have some people who tried but failed to get tickets, for whatever reason, either it sold out or they couldn't get through. We have their names and addresses because they pre-registered. So, going through the ticket limits now -- all the people that went in eight times and got eight different sets of four, we're killing those tickets and trying to call the people back who didn't get tickets, to be proactive and give them a shot at buying them."

There's a heads-up as well: any customer who purchased a number of tickets over the stated limit of four for the Philadelphia shows will have their order knocked back to four; additional transactions after the first four tickets will be cancelled.

So that leaves a bunch of newly available tickets. "I know if I just threw them on the internet," Homan continues, "the scalpers would just pick them up the second I put them on there. So we're trying to take care of the real fans."

We have no information on how fans themselves can be proactive in this instance; but if you pre-registered for the Philly sale and didn't score tickets, you might want to stay close to the phone.
    -September 13, 2007

MAGIC VIDEO #2: "LONG WALK HOME"
    The next video from Magic, scheduled to premiere before the album's release, will be for "Long Walk Home." The video will bow on Amazon.com, which also debuted the "Radio Nowhere" video earlier this month. Look for it on September 24.
    -September 13, 2007

TICKET SALE ROUNDUP
    With another round of U.S. onsales starting tomorrow (Pittsburgh), let's catch up on the story so far.

Last round: Put simply, it wa a bitch. Hartford, New York, and New Jersey went in minutes. (Me, I received a "no tickets matched your search" at 10:01 for Hartford.) Philly went fast, too, though it might not have seemed like it, with the ComcastTIX system and its limited number of portals keeping hopeful buyers in long queues. Chi-town was a bit easier. During the course of the onsales, second shows were added for Chicago (added about 20 minutes into the sale) and Philly (about 30 minutes in). Looking down the road, keep your eyes on Washington DC and Boston in particular for more potential second shows.

Where/how do all the tickets go so fast? Conspiracy theories abound, but first of all, you can't discount demand. After the last two Springsteen tours, demand is particularly high, with people anxious to see him with the E Street Band again. Add more Europeans and other non-U.S. fans to the buying pool, thanks to increased internet accesibility. Meeting that demand, ticket sales through in-person outlets speeded up distribution (last time, a majority of sales were phone and internet only.) And then on the dark side, in our view, there's the increase in amateur ticket scalping, with sites like eBay and StubHub, not to mention the professional ticket brokers that resell tickets with a considerable markup.

That sucks. Yeah, it really does. If you're frustrated by the inventory held by "ticket brokers" (not to mention the prices they're asking), you are not alone. Backstreets has always been anti-scalping, no matter what form it takes or what the current legalities are. It's why we set up BTX (The Backstreets Ticket Exchange) in the first place, to do what we can to circumvent the gougers. (You can imagine my reaction as two different ticket broker agencies so far have called to ask about partnering with Backstreets or advertising on this website.) Not everyone feels it's as black-and-white as we do; check this BTX thread for discussion.

I got shut out... is there hope? Absolutely. Based simply on anecdotal evidence, not to mention past experience, we have a strong sense that a good number of tickets didn't go anywhere yet -- that they were held back from the public onsale, and will be released ("dropped") between now and showtime. Not a bad thing, necessarily, since those tickets have a better chance of winding up in the hands of on-the-ball fans. Keep checking the official ticket seller, try BTX, and if all else fails, head to the venue the night of the show. We've been astounded in this new millenium at how many tickets tend to be floating around outside. Bruce hotspots like New York and Philly are always tough, granted, but no matter how quickly tickets "sell out" initally, it's a rare show that a persistent fan can't find his or her way into.

Next round: Here are the cities going on sale in the next week, beginning tomorrow.

Friday, Sept. 14: Pittsburgh
    Saturday, Sept. 15: Cleveland
    Monday, Sept. 17: Ottawa, Toronto, Oakland
    Be sure to keep an eye on our Tour/Ticket Info page, which we're keeping current with links and onsale date changes (there have been a few since the initial announcement). You'll also see the news there as soon as the L.A. venue/onsale is confirmed. And may the ticket gods smile upon you.
    -September 13, 2007
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I got floor seats!!! I'm soooo excited.

Can anyone send me the songs 4th of July, Incident on 57th Street, Last to Die, & Something In The Night?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    I got floor seats!!! I'm soooo excited.

Can anyone send me the songs 4th of July, Incident on 57th Street, Last to Die, & Something In The Night?

isnt the entire floor GA this go around ?

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    isnt the entire floor GA this go around ?

:confused:

as far as i know...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    as far as i know...

okay- you mentioned " seats " so i got confused.

no matter where you are situated- youre going to enjoy it immensely.

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    tickets sporadically dropping for night 1 in NJ
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    tickets sporadically dropping for night 1 in NJ

850 pm
    just pulled up sec 219 ( rear stage upper section )
    row 20 seats 1 & 2
    98 bucks each
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    any word on if pairs are gonna be dropped for MSG
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    rumour has it that many tickets were held back on the onsales day
    i see that as very likely
    the question is when

if i hear i'll update here,.... ;)

Edit Note : The Today Show is 2 weeks from today :)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    From my experience Metsy, you need to be persistent.
    Bookmark the TM page for the MSG show, and check several times a day when you're online. Stuff will drop, but you just can't be sure when. Usually within 2 weeks before show date is highest likelihood, but they release at all tims. Just have to catch it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Bookmark the TM page for the MSG show, and check several times a day when you're online. Stuff will drop, but you just can't be sure when. Usually within 2 weeks before show date is highest likelihood, but they release at all tims. Just have to catch it.

poncier

not sure if you and bostonlou have heard,

but boston is getting a 2nd night before they go off to europe.

:)

now i have to decide which one to shoot up your way for,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Poncier wrote:
    yeah i try to be, just have to really be on the ball. thanks for the tip ponc

thanks for the updates bathy

btw- bathy bout the today show. ill be wearing a pj europe 07 tour t-shirt and a mets hat if i decide to go, which as of right now looks good thats if im not working that night
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    yeah i try to be, just have to really be on the ball. thanks for the tip ponc

thanks for the updates bathy

btw- bathy bout the today show. ill be wearing a pj europe 07 tour t-shirt and a mets hat if i decide to go, which as of right now looks good thats if im not working that night

ill be wearing my black pearl jam yield bucket hat

maybe a NYR jersey too- depending how hot / cool it will be,...

i am so there.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    This is the newly posted video of " Long Walk Home " done with the Seeger Sessions Band.
    This will definitely be interesting to hear re-arranged with the E Streeters.

awesome !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    poncier

not sure if you and bostonlou have heard,

but boston is getting a 2nd night before they go off to europe.

:)

now i have to decide which one to shoot up your way for,...
    Yeah the 2nd show is pretty much a given here. I assume it'll go on sale when the first sells out , should be 10:02 next Saturday. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    hope everyone thats shooting for Oakland tickets tomorrow gets prime seats !

Good Luck !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Good Luck !

also ottawa and toronto-

Oct 14 Scotiabank Place Ottawa, ON Sept 17,
    10 a.m.
    Tickets available at Scotiabank Place Box Office, All Ottawa-Gatineau Area Sports Experts Locations. Charge by phone at (613) 599-3267 or (877) 788-3267; order online at http://www.capitaltickets.ca or http://www.livenation.com.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Yeah the 2nd show is pretty much a given here. I assume it'll go on sale when the first sells out , should be 10:02 next Saturday. ;)
    from the btx:

Boston is confirmed for a second show. My company has season tickets at the "Garden" and we just received a notice for tickets for Sunday and Monday 11/18 & 11/19!!!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Good Luck !

Picked up seats this morning. Damn they went quick. I'm thinkin' there is a good chance Ed will be there, with Bridge across the bay on Saturday/Sunday.
    10/27/00, 10/28/00, 10/20/01, 12/8/02, 6/1/03, 6/2/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 10/25/03, 10/28/03, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/5/08, 4/7/08, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/16/08
  • Options
    mwbeck10 wrote:
    Picked up seats this morning. Damn they went quick. I'm thinkin' there is a good chance Ed will be there, with Bridge across the bay on Saturday/Sunday.

f'n sweet !
    i am jealous !
    hey you never know, maybe bruce will come a day or two early & show up at the bridge benefit also- i think he has played it before .

either way- its the e street band- youll have a ball!

btw- i was at the VFC show( NJ )10-13 of 04 , Ed came out and sang 3 songs, 2 Bruce & ESB( Darkness and No Surrender ) and then Betterman with the e street band.
    it was very special.

enjoy the show !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bruce & Hockey

Dellapina is a huge fan .

As for all my Blueshirts Blog friends who dared disparage the Boss in your comments (all in good fun, I know), I offer this:

Springsteen and the E Street Band are like hockey. You truly can't appreciate them until you've seen them live. But once you have, if you aren't hooked, you need to seek immediate medical attention.
    platessmall.jpg