U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I think Terry's Song is my favorite. Or Gypsy Biker.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Magic is quite a nice album... it reminds me of 80s Bruce mixed with current Bruce... really rocks!
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Just bought it and love it so far! :)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Who's seen Bruce on GA on the floor? I did a lot of GA shows this summer and I like it - I'm tempted to get a ticket from one of the online agencies so I can be in GA. What's GA for Bruce like? Tame or NIN-like?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Last night's show was so awesome. I can't even wrap my brain around it right now. I still have the clothes I wore to the show on! ew! :) I crashed on my mom's couch last night and just got back.
    I could not have imagined that he would have rocked that hard.
    My seat was incredible. I had great neighbors who were just as friendly as me. Except for the Bush symphatizers behind us.
    Bruce didn't get too political at all. Just a touch.
    The E Street Band was incredible.
    I didn't cry! :) It was theraputic to hear thousands of people singing "It's Alright"
    I didn't want to leave.
    Oh and JaneNY, I was 2 rows away from GA and they were fine. Packed in there and dancing but manageable.
    You must go if you can.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • great show last night! The guys were in top form, Stevie and Bruce had a few good guitar duels, and the big man was everywhere last night.

Crowd was really into it, and the "it's alrights" also gave me goosebumps. I have no voice right now, but it was all worth it.

To everyone else going to upcoming shows, have a great time!

as far as GA, from what I saw it was a good time. Nothing to worry about. The lottery before hand to determine seating was funny tho, as I was waiting to get for my regular seats I had fun watching all of them cheer and go nuts as their numbers got called.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
    The only annoying thing was he came on like 45 min late. But according to the people next to me, he always does that. Probably getting his hair done. lol
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    The only annoying thing was he came on like 45 min late. But according to the people next to me, he always does that. Probably getting his hair done. lol

Yea, they have to let the crowd build up a little bit. haha, the anticipation was killer. the guy next to me (Huge Bruce fan, was telling me stories of all the shows he's been to) at one point says, "Youre' being rude Bruce, come on"

I thought that was pretty funny. Civic Center was up for grabs during Born to Run, awesome.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
    Yea, they have to let the crowd build up a little bit. haha, the anticipation was killer. the guy next to me (Huge Bruce fan, was telling me stories of all the shows he's been to) at one point says, "Youre' being rude Bruce, come on"

I thought that was pretty funny. Civic Center was up for grabs during Born to Run, awesome.
    On my left I had a younger fanatic. In law school. Very nice and friendly.
    On my right I had a couple. The guy first saw Bruce in 1973!!! I loved them and they were so psyched that it was my first show and that I was having such an awesome time.
    Great crowd.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    On my left I had a younger fanatic. In law school. Very nice and friendly.
    On my right I had a couple. The guy first saw Bruce in 1973!!! I loved them and they were so psyched that it was my first show and that I was having such an awesome time.
    Great crowd.

It was my first Bruce show as well, and it was fantastic. Reminded me of PJ a lot in the sense that it seems "real." Bruce puts so much passion into every lick and lyric that you can just feel it.

Glad to hear you had a great time as well
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    TrixieCat wrote:
    The guy first saw Bruce in 1973!!!

My first was 78! I'm looking at Ottawa - but it will be a tight squeeze because I'll be on my way back from Philly after seeing Tiger Army on Saturday! I was gonna let it go but I've decided I can't miss Bruce.

But yeah he always goes on late. I'm glad - it'll give me a little more time to get there and if the pit is tame I can work my way up a bit maybe!

edit - I am crazy - I did it - I have a GA ticket (cost more than face, ouch - first time I've *ever* done that) but its gonna be a fun weekend!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • ii44 wrote:
    Usually on opening day WalMart and Best Buy will have it for less than $10.

So Im' curious...did anyone buy the new cd at retail for $10 ???

It was price fixing in my local town...
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Sony/BMG suing fans again :(

http://money.canoe.ca/News/Other/2007/10/03/4546397-ap.html

As a note to ii44...Best Buy were in on the price fixing...they were one of the ones I checked with first! $14 usd

Glad you all enjoyed Opening Night !

What did you Bruce / ESB virgins think ?
    :confused:

here are some AP photos from last night :

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

here are some AP photos from last night :

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

Awesome pictures, i'm really gettin pumped now for the show in Pittsburgh even though we have shitty seats.
    Backstreets
    October 2 / Hartford, CT / Hartford Civic Center

Notes:
    The official kick-off of the Magic tour comes on Bruce Springsteen Day, as it was declared by Connecticut governor Jodi Rell. Bruce and the E Street Band took the stage at 8:25 and played a two-hour-and-20-minute show, sticking pretty close to the basic set they'd established at last week's warm-up concerts. But in a full arena, as opposed to the few thousand people they played for at the rehearsals, there's a whole different energy level in the room, and Bruce and the band upped their game accordingly. A few rough spots, as to be expected on opening night, and pacing issues remain, but they've been making progress every night, the show just getting better and tighter. The opening barrage is a powerhouse, and there was also a particularly powerful three-pack in the middle of the set: "Reason to Believe" into "Night" into "She's the One." This new arrangement of "Reason" remains the highlight of the show, aside from hearing the new stuff live. No additional songs from Magic other than what had been rehearsed; the only song added to the set tonight was a straightforward "Darkness on the Edge of Town," replacing "Born in the U.S.A." In the encore, not many in the Hartford crowd seemed to recognize "Thundercrack," but "Born to Run" had them going nuts. And so it begins...
    Setlist:
    Radio Nowhere
    The Ties That Bind
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Town Called Heartbreak
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Darlington County
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Thundercrack
    Born to Run
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    American Land
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4844554&postcount=727

lol
    So awesome! I couldn't believe how much energy and synergy was flying through the civic center. If you look at picture 10 I think...about 1/2 way back in the GA, and go to the left hand side. that is where I was. I can't remember the last time I couldn't hear after a show.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    a few questions/comments...

how do american land and reason to believe sound with the band? i have to admit i'm a bit iffy on the closer being one of the seeger songs

i'm also not crazy about the idea of them playing one of patti's songs...i mean it's not a terribly long set and i'm there to see bruce

other than that...looks amazing. all the best new songs..badlands..darkness, shes the one...man, i cant wait for saturday
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    So Im' curious...did anyone buy the new cd at retail for $10 ???

It was price fixing in my local town...

I bought 2 copies at Wal Mart for less than $20, after tax. It said $13.88 on the label.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Backstreets
    October 2 / Hartford, CT / Hartford Civic Center

Notes:
    The official kick-off of the Magic tour comes on Bruce Springsteen Day, as it was declared by Connecticut governor Jodi Rell. Bruce and the E Street Band took the stage at 8:25 and played a two-hour-and-20-minute show, sticking pretty close to the basic set they'd established at last week's warm-up concerts. But in a full arena, as opposed to the few thousand people they played for at the rehearsals, there's a whole different energy level in the room, and Bruce and the band upped their game accordingly. A few rough spots, as to be expected on opening night, and pacing issues remain, but they've been making progress every night, the show just getting better and tighter. The opening barrage is a powerhouse, and there was also a particularly powerful three-pack in the middle of the set: "Reason to Believe" into "Night" into "She's the One." This new arrangement of "Reason" remains the highlight of the show, aside from hearing the new stuff live. No additional songs from Magic other than what had been rehearsed; the only song added to the set tonight was a straightforward "Darkness on the Edge of Town," replacing "Born in the U.S.A." In the encore, not many in the Hartford crowd seemed to recognize "Thundercrack," but "Born to Run" had them going nuts. And so it begins...
    Setlist:
    Radio Nowhere
    The Ties That Bind
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Town Called Heartbreak
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Darlington County
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Thundercrack
    Born to Run
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    American Land

****THUNDERCRACK**** !!!!!
  • Damnit, I wish I had jumped on the tickets earlier :'(
    If I could, think I would give in.
    ii44 wrote:
    ****THUNDERCRACK**** !!!!!

Her brains they rattle and her bones they shake
    Whoah, she's an angel from the Innerlake

Thundercrack, baby's back
    This time she'll tell me how she really feels
    Bring me down to her lightning shack
    You can watch my partner reelin'

CHORUS
    She moves up, she moves back
    Out on the floor there just is no one cleaner
    She does this thing she calls the "Jump back Jack"
    She's got the heart of a ballerina

She's straight from the Bronx
    Hung off the line
    She slips, she slides, she slops, she bops, she bumps, she grinds
    Even them dance hall hacks
    From the west side of the tracks
    Move in close to catch her timin'

CHORUS

She ain't no little girl, she ain't got no curls
    Her hair ain't brown, and her eyes ain't either
    Round and round and round and round

My heart's wood, she's a carpenter
    She's an angel in the night, what she does is alright
    Dance with me, partner, dance with me, partner
    Dance with me, partner, 'til the dawn

Thundercrack, baby's back
    This time she'll tell me how she really feels
    Bring me down to her lightning shack
    You can watch my partner reelin'
    CHORUS

She ain't no little girl, she ain't got no curls
    Her hair ain't brown, and her eyes ain't either
    Round and round and round and round

My heart's wood, she's a carpenter
    She's an angel in the night, what she does is alright
    Dance with me, partner, dance with me, partner
    Dance with me, partner, all night

lucky enough to catch this at Convention Hall during one of the christnmas shows in past years.

awesome live production for this song !
    i hope we get to hear it again !
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    looks like Thundercrack will stay in the oncore slot. at least for now. i'll be at Philly night 2 on Sat so i'm hopin' for it. maybe a little "Sandy" or "Incident" or "Spirit" or whoknowswhatelse!
  • DavidHDavidH Posts: 33
    Earlier today I got GA seats for Saturday in Philly, so I have 2 singles in the 200 level if anyone wants one of them.

Send me a PM. I'll sell them for face or less. Just want to get rid of them and not try to have to sell them at the show.
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I have four general addmission floor seats for Unca Bruce on Thursday November 15 in Albany, NY. I am getting rid of one and possibly two. I just want to get face value for it (or both). I won't know until later if I am going to sell the other one. My friend may or may not becoming and won't be able to tell me until a later date. I would also be willing to offer it as a trade for some PJ vinyl or something else (you can make me an offer). So send me a PM!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
    got my Magic vinyl today

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    Got my vinyl today also, looks great.. I`m warming up to the MSG shows with the "live in new york city" dvd right now... Great show!

Also, since I only need 1 ticket for the second MSG show I want to trade my two tickets for 1 ticket. Not the best seats, section 415, row D, seats 19-20, but if someone is interested send me a pm:)
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
    heading down the tpke later today for night 1 in philly.

im pretty stoked beyond comprhension- i still havent heard the new album all the way thru.

i will be listening to the new CD all the way down to wachovia.

cant wait .

B r u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u c e !
    platessmall.jpg
  • ii44 wrote:
    I bought 2 copies at Wal Mart for less than $20, after tax. It said $13.88 on the label.

There were 3 price stickers on the cd I bought

$24.99
    $15.99
    $13.99

The $13.99 was on top of the the $15.99...so my guess is 1st day sale was $13.99(which I paid) and then after 1st day sale is over they take the $13.99 off and sell for $15.99...I think once all the dust settles they sell it at $24.99!! f'n crazy

I'm kinda pissed at paying $13.99...especially due to the fact that for the 3 stores I checked they all were selling at that exact same price(I didn't check Walmart)

Even Best Buy was price fixing at $13.99

I blame it on Sony Music :(

In an effort to recoup the extra dollars I paid for something that is overpriced I tried to burn a copy of the new cd to give to a friend...but alas it just cant be done...copyrighted to the max!

For anyone who thinks I'm bad for attempting to give a copy to a new fan for free then too f'n bad...cause I paid over $200 list price for a pair of tickets to his upcoming local show...and that furthur pisses me off...ya there's cheap seats but the only cheap seats are behind the stage!

Anyways I figured a way around the copyright issue so my friend will get to listen to the new cd before they go to the show! Take that Sony Music! HA!!!