Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I'm kinda pissed at paying $13.99...especially due to the fact that for the 3 stores I checked they all were selling at that exact same price(I didn't check Walmart)

wow

youre an agry dude, huh
    Even Best Buy was price fixing at $13.99

I blame it on Sony Music :(

maybe you shouldve checked Wal Mart ? ? :confused:
    furthermore, you couldve ordered thru backstreets, the official website. Or, you couldve just not bought it, period .
    In an effort to recoup the extra dollars I paid for something that is overpriced I tried to burn a copy of the new cd to give to a friend...but alas it just cant be done...copyrighted to the max!
    i dont get it- are you mad about copyrighting now, also ? :confused:

...cause I paid over $200 list price for a pair of tickets to his upcoming local show...and that furthur pisses me off...ya there's cheap seats but the only cheap seats are behind the stage!

you're actually complaining about a 100 dollar ticket to see Springsteen with The E St Band ? Have you experienced this before ?
    then you'd know that Bruces ticket prices have always been fixed and reasonable, and regardless of their price you always get what you paid for and then some. He puts on a show like few others and that are amazed by all.
    He has influenced countless #s of artists ( yeah and PJ too ) and continues to be relevant and admired. Consistency & Longevity are rarely found, the guy is an American Musical Icon.

stop complaining and enjoy the show- you are witnessing something that you dont even realize.
    Maybe a few years down the road youll realize.
    if you really dont want to go, ( whyd you take the tix then :confused: )
    someone wil gladly take those tickets off your hands.

:rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    How is everyone liking the record so far? I love it! I'd place it below Born to Run and E Street Shuffle, but up there with USA and The Rising. What's great about this record is that it gets better and better as it goes on, while I have no complaints about side 1, side 2 is just magnificent (especially Work for Your Love, Long Walk, Devil's Arcade) . It takes a really special artist to consistently crank out this high quality of work after 35 years.

Here's to BRUUUUUUUCE, and here's hoping PJ is pumping out as high quality music in 15 years!
  • Options
    bathgate66...sorry to bust your world wide open...I am not sheep! lol

Yes, there are some things that make me very angry. Most of it has to deal with Sony Music and the issues are price fixing(guilty), putting hidden trackers(guilty) on their cds, and suing fans(guilty).

I mention trying to burn a copy of the new cd only because of how much it was listed at retail...and then of course there's Bruce's ticket prices...$100 for behind the stage? (see cleveland) wtf!

I bitch cause I am a longtime loyal fan. I have every right to bitch, just like I did the last 2 tours with the estreet. Yes I am a hypocrite in that I bought tickets and the new cd at $13.99+tax...BUT, I am not sheep...

I've seen Boooce countless times....probably around 20times...I own all his Vinyl, cds, dvds etc etc...not that it should matter, cause even if I was a new fan my beefs are still legit.
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Options
    i dont know what a sheep is

but anyhow
    100 bucks is a steal
    no matter where youre seated.

people think behind the stage is so bad,
    its really not
    not like there are any curtains
    or video screens to obstruct the view.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    leave already bath :)
  • Options
    Rocker Bruce Springsteen, who just released his Magic album on Tuesday, may have another album of songs ready. According to Magic producer Brendan O'Brien. Says O'Brien, ""There's another group of songs that exist that I think are great songs and should end up somewhere, but they just didn't quite fit with this group."

Some rumors have a new album from Bruce and The E Street Band coming out as early as next spring, though O'Brien was mum on that topic.

Credit: Billboard.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Enjoy the show Bath, I'll be enjoying Van Halen whilst you see the Boss. Should be a good Friday for us both.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Rocker Bruce Springsteen, who just released his Magic album on Tuesday, may have another album of songs ready. According to Magic producer Brendan O'Brien. Says O'Brien, ""There's another group of songs that exist that I think are great songs and should end up somewhere, but they just didn't quite fit with this group."

Some rumors have a new album from Bruce and The E Street Band coming out as early as next spring, though O'Brien was mum on that topic.

Credit: Billboard.com

That would be quite awesome.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    leave already bath :)

still too early

im leaving bay ridge at 400pm.

plenty of time to get to wachovia center by 8, in plemnty of time for the boss.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Enjoy the show Bath, I'll be enjoying Van Halen whilst you see the Boss. Should be a good Friday for us both.

somebody get me a doctor

dance the night away

have fun.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    This album is classic Bruce and it F**kin' rocks. Favorite songs so far:

Radio Nowhere
    Livin' in the Future
    Gypsy Biker
    Last To Die
    Long Walk Home
    Devil's Arcade
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    ii44 wrote:
    How is everyone liking the record so far? I love it! I'd place it below Born to Run and E Street Shuffle, but up there with USA and The Rising. What's great about this record is that it gets better and better as it goes on, while I have no complaints about side 1, side 2 is just magnificent (especially Work for Your Love, Long Walk, Devil's Arcade) . It takes a really special artist to consistently crank out this high quality of work after 35 years.

Here's to BRUUUUUUUCE, and here's hoping PJ is pumping out as high quality music in 15 years!

I agree. I'm also lovin' it. I really can't get enough of #2. It just seems to have that "big arm guitar strumming" that I love so much.

Hopefully you know what I mean......if not, watch Bob Dylan at the end of this video....around the 2:50 mark. He's doin' it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLipHoBSbJY
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    I love the new album.

As for the guy complaining about the price, I got it at Target on Tuesday for $9.98.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    The River = my favorite Springsteen album.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    the new album is getting better by the HOUR. i'll listen to it going to work and hum the chorus' all day. coming home i might have the Phillies game on (why?) but once i'm settled for the night i'll spin it again. and discuss how awesome it is w/ my girlfriend.

Radio Nowhere is one of the best Springsteen songs period.
    You'll Be Coming Down is probably my least favorite song on the record
    Livin' In The Future is amazing and i can't wait to hear/see it live
    Your Own Worst Enemy is sorta cool. not 100% on it yet
    Gypsy Biker i'm not too fond of but it's getting a little better
    Girls In Their Summer Clothes i dig
    I'll Work For Your Love is a damn good song
    Last To Die sounds like Roulette and that's a good thing!!!
    Long Walk Home is another damn good song
    Devil's Arcade is stunning
    Terry's Song is spot on. i love this one!

better than the Rising and Tom Joad and maybe Devils & Dust. not as good as the classic first 4 or Tunnel of Love... but close. better than USA too.
  • Options
    "My Hometown" dangerously close to being a dead spot tonight (particularly frustrating for anyone who glimpsed "Adam Raised a Cain" as its alternate on the setlist),
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Setlist: Magic in Bold
    Radio Nowhere
    No Surrender ( instead of ties that bind)
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Candy's Room ( instead of night )
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Brilliant Disguise ( instead of the patti song " a town called heartbreak " )
    My Hometown ( instead of darkness )
    Darlington County
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Thundercrack
    Born to Run
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    American Land

thats all i can muster up at 3am, just got back about 1 hour ago.

i will elaborate more clearly tomorrow about this incredible night.

in the meantime:

especially for those who attended the Hartford Opener ,
    you may be on 60 minutes this Sunday.
    :)

news60min.jpg

TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK
    We alerted you the other day that Bruce would be featured on the next edition of 60 Minutes, and there's now preview text and video online at cbsnews.com: "Rocker Bruce Springsteen answers critics who call his anti-war sentiments unpatriotic by saying the real sin against patriotism is saying nothing while your country is being harmed. Springsteen discusses this and other topics, including why he's still writing songs and performing, in an interview with 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley this Sunday, Oct. 7, at 7:30 p.m. ET, 7 p.m. PT."
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Setlist: Magic in Bold
    Radio Nowhere
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Darlington County
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Thundercrack
    Born to Run
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    American Land

Nice to see another Bruce song instead of Patti's song. Still dig the encore. I'd love to hear Candy's Room but I'd be really bummed if they played "Hometown" instead of "Darkness." I really like "Ties That Bind" but i bet "No Surrender" is awesome when it isn't all 80s sounding.

It still hasn't sunk in that I'm actually seeing Springsteen tonight.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,630
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I love the new album.

As for the guy complaining about the price, I got it at Target on Tuesday for $9.98.

Thanks! This is good information to know.

• Options
    I am not the biggest Bruce Springsteen fan...but, please understand this...Bruce means the most to me when he's leading the mighty EStreet band, playing live music, for thousands of music fans. Those EStreet shows are legendary! Almost to the point where one could say that the band helped make Bruce the real rock star that he really is. Sure, he would have survived without the Estreet, but I honestly don't think he would have risen to quite the same level, without that great band by his side throughout all those incredible tours.

I showed up somewhat late to the party, but I had the right enthusiasm. A friend, a few years older than me, played me Born To Run in the very early 1980's. Needless to say I was hooked on that sound/album. A few years later I owned Darkness and The River, and finally realized that was enough for me to know that the next time Bruce and his band came to town, I was going to be there.

Then came the Born In The USA explosion. I saw Bruce and the EStreet band for the first time live and had to see a few shows from that tour! The live shows were powerful demonstrations of full blown RnR at it's absolute best. There was no one that topped that energy, and excitment, for all things that Rock, like those shows did. Sure, Bruce had been doing it live for years but for the first time 50,000 people were showing up to see him play and I was one of them.

He released 1975-1985 and I bought that highly recommended record set, as soon as it hits the streets. Oh the good times...

Bruce then took off and did a string of albums that just didn't hit me in the same way. Had the full Estreet been in tow during that time period things might have been different. I heard the solumn Nebraska and when he went Hollywood with Tunnel & Lucky Town I lost interest. Things had changed, perhaps I was to blame...maybe he never ever really left. Tom Joad didn't do it for me either...I was losing faith that those glory days of those early 1980's legendary live Bruce & The EStreet bands shows were over. I was sad.

Then the reunion tour was announced, and what a tour that would be! No need to offer up all of the details, as I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about here. Bruce dug deep and pull out all the magic in those shows, and on that great tour. I was singing and dancing loud again. Whew! This continued on through The Rising, which is absolute tops in my books. A real gem of a cd. Certainly a very powerful record to tour with the EStreet band, in tow. The magic continued.

Then another valley for me...but, in Bruce's defense, how is one suppose to top that Rising tour/cd? An impossible task. So he did his Devils and Seeger thing and I lost interest again. I have figured it out that if Bruce isn't rocking, full on with the EStreet in tow, then I'm just not interested. Call me a bad fan if you want.

Finally we get the Magic, and I'm really ready for it. I need to know that he still has that in him. I have played the new cd about 6 times now and can finally pull together a small review. I'm sure once I see the new songs go down live my opinions will change, but that's just one of the real beauties of music. I don't think full realization happens until you see it played live, if you're lucky to get there. I'm happy to see that he is playing at least 8 songs from the new cd, live in concert. The band is back and there will be much fun to be had on this tour!

Radio Nowhere
    Great lead off single/album choice. The EStreet is back! The sax man is on! Of course it helps that the phrase "Is there anybody alive out there?" appears in the lyrics...but you would have have to have seen Bruce & The Estreet live to know what I'm talking about there! The song is upbeat, yet somewhat depressing, cause I was also a fan of radio. Still, a great opener!

You'll Be Coming Down
    Love the darkness of this song. "Just another pretty thing on high" Yikes!! Great hook chorus with a bitter look at the negative side of the ying yang. The sax mans plays. Love the song.

Livin In The Future
    The sax man plays again. Rock on Clarence! We love ya! Turn it up! This song reminds me of the Born In The USA era, so I like it. It's also a tad bitter and dark but I love the negative, as much as I like the positive. It's a good Etreet choice and I beleive it's poltically charged, which isn't a bad thing.

Your Own Worst Enemy
    Another real dark and haunting lyric and perfectly played music. Probably could have been better left as a solo release, but I have to admit I enjoy the negativity of it.

Gypsy Biker
    I absolutely loved this song on the first play. The beginning is amazing with the harmonica. Another set of great lyrics, that Bruce so effortlessly pulls out. It will make a great EStreet live song with the sax and piano turned waaay up, with the rocking guitar, and the la la la ending, I gotta say I am really anticipating hearing this song go down live. It will be a highlight.

Girls In Summer Clothes
    OK, mixing it up is good, right? Bruce's vocal styling isn't my favourite on this song, but in his defense, he is singing pretty damn good in this track. I like the acoustic strumming and I think it will go down well live, with the band. Having said that, it's probably the weakest track for me so far.

I'll Work For Your Love
    Being happy and upbeat is where the EStreet band thrives. There is a lotta love in the air on this tour. Considering there has been some dark moments on the new cd I'm happy to say that at least we have a little real happiness, finally. Good song, and besides, who doesn't dig love songs ;)

Magic
    Absolutely 100% real brilliance. A perfect placement in the new cd, 1/2 way through. I got sucked in hard on this tune, and I am grateful for its existance. It haunts me, the lyrics are A+, and to me, it's somewhat politcally motivated. I'm sure this must be the song with the glokenspiel in it cause there's this errie instrument that plays in the background that really enhances the effects of this great song.

Last To Die
    Another good song that works well with Bruce's main band. Another great chorus that is upbeat, and I'm guessing again, but I think it also might be politically charged. Politics and music have existed side by side for a long time now. I'm good with a bit of Bush bashing...

Long Walk Home
    I like the quieter opening of this song that eventually has the EStreet joining in for an explosion, or two. It's another great choice for the band to play, and I give credit to Bruce(&Brendon?) for knowing the songs that will work. It's somewhat dark, yet remains hopeful and optimistic. It's introspective, and every one could use a little looking in. A great well placed sax solo, I might add :)

Devil's Arcade
    I love that band shot in the cd sleeve, when you open up the cd booklet on this song. What a band!! To me this is yet another semi dark and politcally charged number. I gotta say I like the cello in it and it has a cool drum part ending. I like this song.

Broke The Mold(?)
    This tune could have been dropped from the cd. It's not an EStreet tune and I don't really like it. Maybe my opinion will change...I don't get the whole hidden track aspect of the song. Maybe someone can explain it to me, but in the end it's the weakest track. I don't think I'll ever like this song.

I only write this review cause I felt it necessary to finally speak up about Bruce. I've never written a proper review of any of his albums. I have had peaks and valleys and the peaks have been really really high, on the level of being in a church during communion...but I have seen/heard some real lows. I saw Seeger go down live and it was a waste of my money and time.

NOW, what's important to me is that Bruce, with his band, are back. If this is truely the last we'll see of this great mighty line up, then I am really sad...but I'm also happy to see that they went out on the top of the world.

OK, Magic isn't as great as The Rising...there, I said it...but it's sure close enough for me to want to get out and tour!

I can't wait to see the new songs played live.

• Options
    I am not the biggest Bruce Springsteen fan...but, please understand this...Bruce means the most to me when he's leading the mighty EStreet band, playing live music, for thousands of music fans. Those EStreet shows are legendary! Almost to the point where one could say that the band helped make Bruce the real rock star that he really is. Sure, he would have survived without the Estreet, but I honestly don't think he would have risen to quite the same level, without that great band by his side throughout all those incredible tours.

I showed up somewhat late to the party, but I had the right enthusiasm. A friend, a few years older than me, played me Born To Run in the very early 1980's. Needless to say I was hooked on that sound/album. A few years later I owned Darkness and The River, and finally realized that was enough for me to know that the next time Bruce and his band came to town, I was going to be there.

Then came the Born In The USA explosion. I saw Bruce and the EStreet band for the first time live and had to see a few shows from that tour! The live shows were powerful demonstrations of full blown RnR at it's absolute best. There was no one that topped that energy, and excitment, for all things that Rock, like those shows did. Sure, Bruce had been doing it live for years but for the first time 50,000 people were showing up to see him play and I was one of them.

He released 1975-1985 and I bought that highly recommended record set, as soon as it hits the streets. Oh the good times...

Bruce then took off and did a string of albums that just didn't hit me in the same way. Had the full Estreet been in tow during that time period things might have been different. I heard the solumn Nebraska and when he went Hollywood with Tunnel & Lucky Town I lost interest. Things had changed, perhaps I was to blame...maybe he never ever really left. Tom Joad didn't do it for me either...I was losing faith that those glory days of those early 1980's legendary live Bruce & The EStreet bands shows were over. I was sad.

Then the reunion tour was announced, and what a tour that would be! No need to offer up all of the details, as I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about here. Bruce dug deep and pull out all the magic in those shows, and on that great tour. I was singing and dancing loud again. Whew! This continued on through The Rising, which is absolute tops in my books. A real gem of a cd. Certainly a very powerful record to tour with the EStreet band, in tow. The magic continued.

Then another valley for me...but, in Bruce's defense, how is one suppose to top that Rising tour/cd? An impossible task. So he did his Devils and Seeger thing and I lost interest again. I have figured it out that if Bruce isn't rocking, full on with the EStreet in tow, then I'm just not interested. Call me a bad fan if you want.

Finally we get the Magic, and I'm really ready for it. I need to know that he still has that in him. I have played the new cd about 6 times now and can finally pull together a small review. I'm sure once I see the new songs go down live my opinions will change, but that's just one of the real beauties of music. I don't think full realization happens until you see it played live, if you're lucky to get there. I'm happy to see that he is playing at least 8 songs from the new cd, live in concert. The band is back and there will be much fun to be had on this tour!

Radio Nowhere
    Great lead off single/album choice. The EStreet is back! The sax man is on! Of course it helps that the phrase "Is there anybody alive out there?" appears in the lyrics...but you would have have to have seen Bruce & The Estreet live to know what I'm talking about there! The song is upbeat, yet somewhat depressing, cause I was also a fan of radio. Still, a great opener!

You'll Be Coming Down
    Love the darkness of this song. "Just another pretty thing on high" Yikes!! Great hook chorus with a bitter look at the negative side of the ying yang. The sax mans plays. Love the song.

Livin In The Future
    The sax man plays again. Rock on Clarence! We love ya! Turn it up! This song reminds me of the Born In The USA era, so I like it. It's also a tad bitter and dark but I love the negative, as much as I like the positive. It's a good Etreet choice and I beleive it's poltically charged, which isn't a bad thing.

Your Own Worst Enemy
    Another real dark and haunting lyric and perfectly played music. Probably could have been better left as a solo release, but I have to admit I enjoy the negativity of it.

Gypsy Biker
    I absolutely loved this song on the first play. The beginning is amazing with the harmonica. Another set of great lyrics, that Bruce so effortlessly pulls out. It will make a great EStreet live song with the sax and piano turned waaay up, with the rocking guitar, and the la la la ending, I gotta say I am really anticipating hearing this song go down live. It will be a highlight.

Girls In Summer Clothes
    OK, mixing it up is good, right? Bruce's vocal styling isn't my favourite on this song, but in his defense, he is singing pretty damn good in this track. I like the acoustic strumming and I think it will go down well live, with the band. Having said that, it's probably the weakest track for me so far.

I'll Work For Your Love
    Being happy and upbeat is where the EStreet band thrives. There is a lotta love in the air on this tour. Considering there has been some dark moments on the new cd I'm happy to say that at least we have a little real happiness, finally. Good song, and besides, who doesn't dig love songs ;)

Magic
    Absolutely 100% real brilliance. A perfect placement in the new cd, 1/2 way through. I got sucked in hard on this tune, and I am grateful for its existance. It haunts me, the lyrics are A+, and to me, it's somewhat politcally motivated. I'm sure this must be the song with the glokenspiel in it cause there's this errie instrument that plays in the background that really enhances the effects of this great song.

Last To Die
    Another good song that works well with Bruce's main band. Another great chorus that is upbeat, and I'm guessing again, but I think it also might be politically charged. Politics and music have existed side by side for a long time now. I'm good with a bit of Bush bashing...

Long Walk Home
    I like the quieter opening of this song that eventually has the EStreet joining in for an explosion, or two. It's another great choice for the band to play, and I give credit to Bruce(&Brendon?) for knowing the songs that will work. It's somewhat dark, yet remains hopeful and optimistic. It's introspective, and every one could use a little looking in. A great well placed sax solo, I might add :)

Devil's Arcade
    I love that band shot in the cd sleeve, when you open up the cd booklet on this song. What a band!! To me this is yet another semi dark and politcally charged number. I gotta say I like the cello in it and it has a cool drum part ending. I like this song.

Broke The Mold(?)
    This tune could have been dropped from the cd. It's not an EStreet tune and I don't really like it. Maybe my opinion will change...I don't get the whole hidden track aspect of the song. Maybe someone can explain it to me, but in the end it's the weakest track. I don't think I'll ever like this song.

I only write this review cause I felt it necessary to finally speak up about Bruce. I've never written a proper review of any of his albums. I have had peaks and valleys and the peaks have been really really high, on the level of being in a church during communion...but I have seen/heard some real lows. I saw Seeger go down live and it was a waste of my money and time.

NOW, what's important to me is that Bruce, with his band, are back. If this is truely the last we'll see of this great mighty line up, then I am really sad...but I'm also happy to see that they went out on the top of the world.

OK, Magic isn't as great as The Rising...there, I said it...but it's sure close enough for me to want to get out and tour!

I can't wait to see the new songs played live.

excellent review and prelude.

Bruce and ESB share a synergy that benefits both sides .
    Spot on are most of the ideas about new songs and the live performance of them.
    ( like gypsy biker is definitely a highlight )

the " hidden track" is " Terrys Song" and was added at the last moment ( i guess the artwork was already made and finalized, ) and is a homage to Bruces best friend of the last 30whatever years, Terry MacGovern . Interestingly enough, it was omitted fromn the vinyl.

at the very bottom of the page youll find this:
    newsBruceTerry.jpg
    "REMEMBERING TERRY MAGOVERN"
    As reported previously, Springsteen's longtime friend and "faithful working companion" Terry Magovern passed away on July 30. There's now a tribute page to the man at brucespringsteen.net. "Terry stood as a strange New Jersey version of 'the catcher in the rye,' out on the edge of some windswept cliff keeping children from rushing over the edge," Springsteen writes. "He was always busy saving something or somebody. It was his blessing and his tragedy." Along with Springsteen's eulogy, also posted there are photos from throughout Terry's life (including one from the Tunnel of Love tour, as he manned the carnival ticket booth), the Asbury Park Press obituary, and a stirring remembrance from Marah's Serge Bielanko. Visit "Remembering Terry Magovern."

Springsteen wrote "Terry's Song" for his old friend and performed it at the memorial service in early August; several sources indicate that a recording of the song may be added to Magic as a hidden bonus track.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Radio Nowhere

what an opener. it was electric, from the opening , in the dark , hearing bruces " is anybody alive out there " to the closing, this is a rocker .

i was getting flashbacks of ed singing this, a great classic from the BITUSA era ,..doesnt seem to get old and blended nice but something tells me i wouldve prefewrred The Ties That Bind - but call me selfish. :p

Lonesome Day

Sounded just as good as 2003 , only tighter and more fine tuned. Lots of crowd into this one with the "allright, allright, allright,--- yeahs" .

Gypsy Biker

Wow . The opening strums and bluesharp were filling the wachovia shreeking thru the crowd, the momentum picks up with the drums and voices blending with the guitars. As previously mentioned a highlight ; Bruce was passionate with this one on the guitars, vocals and harmy.

Magic
    The sound was peculiiar at wachovia coming from behind the stage, so the true work in this ( for me anyway ) are the guitar sounds. Stevie picked up the smaller guitar for this one, i couldnt really get it all. Regardless,. it had the crowds attention , Soozie was involved lots at the forefront , and the " this is what will be " rang loud and clear and even had the crowd going along briefly.

Reason to Believe

another shocker for me. this was a muddy waters inspired riff filled rocker throughout. Bruce stomping the stage and whaling out on the harmonica ( again ) as the entire ESB rocked along in their respective spots. Everyon e was going, including Danny on the organs and Nils over behind/near The Big Man.( who incidentally was very active and involved, walking all around the stage, hugging everyone, even blowing a kiss to the mighty max at one point. )

OMG ! Classic ! Guitars vocals, guitars, vocals, what can one say . Ive seen 100 + Bruce shows, this one never gets old . Its vintage . True I love Night but thats easy to sacrifice in lieu of Candys Room, no ?

She's the One

Oh another classic, guitar rocker .This 1-2-3 punch packed a wallop for me, i was blown away by these 3 in a Row. WOW > Time for some cold water. :) See Candys Room for the same comments. :)

Livin' in the Future

Bruces time for his political platform to take hold . TRhats a given at thuis point, you know hes gonna at least mentyion some feelings about the state of the world for today. He goes into about this being not about living in the future but about whats happening right now. And tonight, " We Are Gonna Sing About It ,"...Overall a " catchy " tune off the new record, integrating the estreet sound, with clarence and dannys organs, a poppy little tune, i kinda think this could be a throwaway from the rising, it was enjoyable nonetheless.

The Promised Land

the last time I heard this song, at this very venue, was just a tad off to my left and it was Eddie Vedder doing it with Sleater Kinney. :eek:
    Anyhow- whats to say again about this classic ESB gem,..Bruces harmonica was alive and kicking on this night, he was whaling away on that bluesharp all night, and the band was tighter then ever on this one .

I think Bruce may have tested the waters with the crowd during this, telling the crowd about Pattis new record, but was quickly outchanted by the entire Wacky- Ovia crowd, chants of "Bruuuuuuuce" raining down on him , so they decided to change the selection to Brillaint D. Which was fantastic in my book ( and everyone elses ) Tunnel is one of my favorite albums , and alltho with my girlfriend and this is deffinitely not a "boyfriend-girlfriend" type of song, we both seemed to enjoy it .

OK. I love everything that is Bruuuuuuuce , but this took the air outta the crowd. The momentum building up for the past hour or so was now gone .I wanted to cry when i heard that " Adam Raised A Cain " was an alternate on Bruces handwritten setlist. Wouldve been so much better received , enjoyed , and appreciated.

Darlington County

This was very enjoyable, a quick pickmeup after MY Hometown. What was funny is the parts where Bruce sang " .....New York City " during this song, the Philly crowd booed . Maybe it was a good thing that it was too frickin hot for me to wear my Blue NYR jersey to the show . ! :p

Devil's Arcade
    This new one is haunting. Opening with lots of Soozie on her fiddle, blending into soft percussions from Max, and tambourines from The Big man, Bruces lyrics go into telling the story The story of the fading heartbeat , and the thump-= thumps pf Maxs drums- this song is powerful once you get the lyrics and the story-and suprisingly this is all conveyed in the live setting.

The Rising

We all know what this album reflected around, its insertion behind Dewvils Arcade was no coincidence. The sound was spectaculer, right in line with previuously played Lonesome Day.

Last to Die

This song kicks majopr ass. The message is pretty clear and comes across clear as a bell live:

who'll be the last to die for a mistake
    the last to die for a mistake
    Darlin' will tyrants and kigs
    fall to the same fate
    strung up at your city gates
    wholl be the last to die for a mistake

another political song, but enticing live nonetheless.

Long Walk Home

This is a toe- tapper, excellent excellent song. from beginning to end you are hooked, from Maxs drums to Clarences horns, all goiung so very well with Bruces vocals. Two- thumbs up. * Probably my favorite new track- especially live off the new album .

Badlands

The crowd goes absolutely insane for this one . The House lights are intermittenly going on up and bright in the back of the house, and every single person has tyheir arms raised to the roof, ggoing in unison with Bruces lead,...and even as the song ends and the Band leave the stage for the first time, the crowd continues very loudly and almost tauntingly with the " Ooooooooooh - Oooooooooooh s "
    , until 2 minutes later the ESB reemerges from the bowels of the Wacky Center

Still dont know what to make of this song, it somehow winds up reminding me of another song ( or maybe more ) but i just cannot place it . When i first heard it i immediately thought of ( this is weird ) Christmas Music. Seeing it performed live answered my suspiccions, indeed there were sleighbells used by Soozie, Nils, & The Big Man . So maybe my ears arent failing me yet,
    the vocals are a challenge for Bruce, but again the ESB pulled it off just fine. The crowd even joined in on the " La-La-La"s at the end.

Thundercrack

This one had my bones shaking, and the rest of the Wacky Center crowd.
    . Bruce had some good crowd interaction with the City of Philly, and his history with the city, talking about the Liberty Bell and that the last time he played this one he cracked the Liberty Bell ( or something to that effect ) This was a real treat .

Born to Run

What to say ,...what to say, House Lights up and the Boss manipulating the crowd , every single one of them,... eating out of the palm of his hand ,commanding the crowd to arms pumping and fists raised. Awesome spectacular of a sight. Gets you,... & Grips You,.. everytime !

Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    This track sounds so similiar to a few of the new tracks, but that happy feeling takes over even momentarily as you know what is inevitabley approaching way too quickly ,...already-- even tho its already been 2 hours +,....

American Land

Saw the Seeger Sessions Band numerous times on the previous tour,..and i really didnt know how this would be with ESB. I didnt really think it would be my cup of tea, but astoundingly I enjopyed it. Bruce was trocking on his guitar and really really into it . The professor came out from behind his ivory keys and strapped on an accordian, and the rest of the band took the stagefront, and lined up with solos joining each other on vocals as well as the interspliced solo here and there . They pulled it off , alltho I could easily think of a few dozen other songs I would rather have heard them close down to, I think that would be easy for any of us .

All in all it was great to see them all on the stage again and rocking out just as pure as always .
    I spent a shitload on merchandise so now I will head to The Meadowlands and then finally The Garden in NYC, that is until they hit us back up after Europe in 2008.

B r u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u c e !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    excellent review and prelude.

Bruce and ESB share a synergy that benefits both sides .
    Spot on are most of the ideas about new songs and the live performance of them.
    ( like gypsy biker is definitely a highlight )

the " hidden track" is " Terrys Song" and was added at the last moment ( i guess the artwork was already made and finalized, ) and is a homage to Bruces best friend of the last 30whatever years, Terry MacGovern . Interestingly enough, it was omitted fromn the vinyl.

at the very bottom of the page youll find this:

NOT MY VINYL!!! :)
    (
    And AMG only gave this record three stars, the lowest of any Bruce record besides Human Touch. Seriously, WTF???!?)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    "My Hometown" dangerously close to being a dead spot tonight (particularly frustrating for anyone who glimpsed "Adam Raised a Cain" as its alternate on the setlist),

Shame. Adam Raised a Cain is one of my favorites by Bruce, such a great song. Having that and Candy's Room in the same set would have ripped the roof off the place.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    i lost my " Today Show " recording.
    has anyone out there recorded this that can make a copy for me( either videotape or DVD ) -
    i can trade a similiar DVD / Tape from The rising era and or the reuinion era .
    it is much appreciated., shoot me a PM,..

thanks.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i lost my " Today Show " recording.
    has anyone out there recorded this that can make a copy for me( either videotape or DVD ) -
    i can trade a similiar DVD / Tape from The rising era and or the reuinion era .
    it is much appreciated., shoot me a PM,..

thanks.

It's torrented at http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=164638. Last night's Philly show audio is on dime as well.

If you still need a copy, pm me your address.
  • Options
    NightSong wrote:
    It's torrented at http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=164638. Last night's Philly show audio is on dime as well.

If you still need a copy, pm me your address.

i have been trying to get onto that dime torrent thingy for so long

everytime i go there is no availability at this time.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/index.php has open admission. There is a dvd there but some people are having problems with it.....but last night's show audio is there :)
  • Options
    NightSong wrote:
    http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/index.php has open admission. There is a dvd there but some people are having problems with it.....but last night's show audio is there :)

thanks NightSong, :D

and welcome to the Pit.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    The official site has a clip of No Surrender from Philly and Ties from Hartford - pretty cool but they shold have at least given us an entire song like they did on AOL for SSB.

Bruce sure looks like he is having a great time!!!!