Options

Manchester Co-op Live June 25

Tottenham has its own thread and don’t think there is one for Manchester, so here we go!

Excited to see what the brand new venue is like and how it is for the opening gigs there.

Only my 2nd trip to Manchester and going for a couple of days ahead as only seen one small part of the city previously; taking my wife and my 3 and 5 year old (not to the gig mind you).

I see there is going to be a free travel initiative for the gigs, will post more below.

Comments

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,080
    Looking forward to it. The city of my first ever PJ show on the year 2000. Just wish they would add a second show on the Wednesday. Not sure why there isn’t one given the two show dates at Berlin and Barcelona (and Manchester has actually sold better than those two)
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,240
    edited March 14
    drfox said:
    Looking forward to it. The city of my first ever PJ show on the year 2000. Just wish they would add a second show on the Wednesday. Not sure why there isn’t one given the two show dates at Berlin and Barcelona (and Manchester has actually sold better than those two)
    Think the original plan, from the rumours thread, was for London on Friday and Saturday at the o2. Whatever reason, that changed. 

Great news on the free travel to/from the venue. Thanks Planet Of Sound for sharing that. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    I'm looking forward to this one in the brand new venue. Hopefully the acoustics are decent. 

I'm going alone to this one but my pregnant partner says she will come if I can find two decent seats! She'll be just about ready to pop at that point so GA isn't ideal.

Should be a good show! 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    So many days between shows. Something must be planned 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,162
    Probably was but poor ticket sales means it won't happen 
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,240
    The two days off between cities seems to be the norm, whether they be 200 or 2000 miles apart.
    I guess they, once decided on the stadium, picked the Saturday rather than Friday for the London show thinking sales would be better.
    Will just give them another day to rest between shows. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    Looking forward to this show in the brand new venue.  Those Manchester shows in 2012 were great, but this venue should be a nice upgrade! Thanks to the OP for the info about the free transport - Looks like we'll be just in time to take advantage of that offer!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    YamriderYamrider Posts: 50
    Looking forward to Manchester. Agree brilliant that it's in a new venue. And relatively small capacity so will be good contrast to London.
    We'll be traveling up the day before, and staying in good ole Travelodge. Look forward to meeting up in merch line or bars lol and will be going to the Sounds of Seattle Pre Party too.
    Cool for tram info too.
    Andy
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 328
    The Rock said:
    I'm looking forward to this one in the brand new venue. Hopefully the acoustics are decent. 

I'm going alone to this one but my pregnant partner says she will come if I can find two decent seats! She'll be just about ready to pop at that point so GA isn't ideal.

Should be a good show! 
    Can you imagine if she has the baby at the show? Now THAT would be a story!!👍👍👍
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 434
    For anyone who's planning on driving there you can get a space at Asda Eastlands about a 10 minute walk away for around £6 using the Your Parking Space website. It's open 24 hours.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 602
    For anyone who's planning on driving there you can get a space at Asda Eastlands about a 10 minute walk away for around £6 using the Your Parking Space website. It's open 24 hours.
    Good to know, thanks.
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 164
    I will be there!!!  never been to Manchester or the UK.  I have a post going now asking for cool places, food, tips etc. if anyone wants to contribute over there.  Otherwise 3 months to go!!!  
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 336
    edited March 18
    Anyone got any tips for things to do with my young kids (girls who will be age 3 and 5), we are in Manchester for a couple of days before the gig (kids and wife not going to gig itself).  Thinking maybe Heaton Park for the farm animals and tram if any good?  Maybe Castlefield Heritage Park on another day, and a museum if it’s rainy?
    Post edited by Planet of Sound on
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    edited March 25
    Anyone else notice England will be playing at same time as the show.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Anyone else notice England will be playing at same time as the show.
    I hadn’t even noticed, can easily forgo it for PJ though.  

One of the best decisions I made was to watch Slash instead of England being thrashed by Germany whilst at Glastonbury in 2010.
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 164
    Just got my ticketmaster email telling me my exact seats!!  Where is everyone sitting?  Standing? Jumping? 
  • Options
    Still waiting (standing, but curious to see if they show early entry or not).
  • Options
    My 10c standing showing in tm as GA1 which sort of suggests a GA2 may be a thing also - yet showing as one big floor on seating plans? 
  • Options
    Yep I have GA2 so it is a thing - hope this is only about which entrance to use, don’t really want to be split from my best mate who is gong too
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,162
    Mine say GA4 it will just be the gates 
  • Options
    Still waiting (standing, but curious to see if they show early entry or not).
    Came through, no early entry, GA0 for me.
  • Options
    Ah makes sense - thanks 
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    Does anyone want to trade a decent seated ticket for my 10c GA ticket? 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Standing tickets (pj premium) dropping in price - 187 quid down from 225
    27 quid over ‘face’
    those rear rows seats not shifting at 126 quid
  • Options
    SR259355SR259355 Posts: 50
    Hi guys,

Coming up from London to watch the show (can’t wait) can anyone recommend places to stay close to venue?

thanks
  • Options
    Ibis Budget Manchester City Centre is about 25 min walk or 10 min tram and seems relatively cheap.  There isn’t much incredibly close.  I was going to stay there, but now going for 3 nights with the family so staying a bit out of the centre with a pool and a bit more space.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 948
    Opening of arena is delayed.  Only a couple days but lets hope for nothing major to happen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68873264
  • Options
    RT228921RT228921 Posts: 83
    Just listed a pair of floor GA tickets
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    Anyone sell tiks and been paid yet by TM?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2