Options

Manchester Co-op Live June 25

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,026
    edited May 2
    mikesbri said:
    Maybe it gets pushed back till after Lisbon and we get an extra show somewhere else  on the 25th that would be a result 
    play a non festival show in lisbon after nos alive.  Im sure it will have no problem selling out.

they would sell out a non festival date at MEO Arena(20k people) easliy if they booked a show after NOS alive.

hell i would go on a chance and say they would sell out the place where NOS alive is (passeio maritimo de alges)  if they booked a non festival date on july 15th.

• Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 529
    In the unlikely event Co-op Live don’t sort themselves out, there certainly won’t be an arena show at a different UK venue within this sort of short time frame, and certainly not at a rival venue.  They could maybe do a club show at a push, but way more likely it would just be cancelled, or best case it is rescheduled until next year, if PJ intend to return to Europe that quickly of course.  
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,216
    In the unlikely event Co-op Live don’t sort themselves out, there certainly won’t be an arena show at a different UK venue within this sort of short time frame, and certainly not at a rival venue.  They could maybe do a club show at a push, but way more likely it would just be cancelled, or best case it is rescheduled until next year, if PJ intend to return to Europe that quickly of course.  
    Agreed you are correct but we can dream about an extra show since we lost one in London 
  • Options
    edited May 2
    Agreed you are correct but we can dream about an extra show since we lost one in London 
    if london was sold out i could see them doing another london show but since there are still plenty of tickets left , i dont think so.

a show on June 27th in a small venue in london would be amazing!!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    just_one said:
    if london was sold out i could see them doing another london show but since there are still plenty of tickets left , i dont think so.

Yes to that. I arrive in London on June 25th.

• Options
    edited May 2
    GlowGirl said:
    just_one said:

i arrive on the 27th (going to glasgow on the 25th and 26th to see green day and the killers)
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 923
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/may/02/angry-fans-seek-co-op-live-compensation-after-third-opening-show-axed Here’s a good article on the situation. It doesn’t sound very promising at all but fingers crossed for everyone who has tickets. Here’s a sample:

The venue’s manager admitted earlier this week that Co-op Live may still not be completed for another year.

Tim Leiweke, chief executive of the venue’s manager, the US-based Oak View Group (OVG), told the Manchester Evening News that the operators were still working through a “600-point” list of issues to resolve. He added: “Finding skilled labour is a lot harder to do right now in the UK than it was before Brexit.”

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    just_one said:
    GlowGirl said:
    just_one said:

i arrive on the 27th (going to glasgow on the 25th and 26th to see green day and the killers)
    Cool. I will get in a few days of sightseeing and seeing friends in London before the show on the 29th. Then on the 30th I am off to Berlin for a week. I can't wait.

• Options
    MRMACPHISTO75MRMACPHISTO75 Posts: 401
    edited May 2
    AO Arena in Manchester already looking like it may be taking two shows this weekend.

not sure how an extra London gig will help Northern fans. There are Cities outside of London.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/ao-arena-coop-live-gigs-29099019

Also not sure how long the “opening season” is at 15k capacity 

Post edited by MRMACPHISTO75 on
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,026
    Sounds promising that AO could be used as a back up arena if worst comes to worst
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 407

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/ao-arena-coop-live-gigs-29099019

Also not sure how long the “opening season” is at 15k capacity 

I'd like to know that too. Because the reason I bought a ticket for this show is because I wanted to see Pearl Jam in front of 23,500 people. That's why I'm making this long journey. Not for a reduced capacity. What an indictment. 
  • Options
    If that's true and it's only 15k that's good news can be moved 
  • Options
    MRMACPHISTO75MRMACPHISTO75 Posts: 401
    edited May 2
    tino_11 said:
    Sounds promising that AO could be used as a back up arena if worst comes to worst
    Take That has now been moved to AO arena as well. That was supposed to be next week. Keane has been postponed
    Post edited by MRMACPHISTO75 on
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 985
    Thank fuck this album is amazing cos this tour is riddled with fuck ups
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,026
    Thank fuck this album is amazing cos this tour is riddled with fuck ups
    Haha, this is very true. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 259
    tino_11 said:
    Take That has now been moved to AO arena as well. That was supposed to be next week. Keane has been postponed
    I wondered if they would act quickly and move over - with their 5 night run - if that had cancelled would have been a nightmare for fans. Hopefully PJ are looking into this option too. 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 183
    1 1/2 months out is not a long time to fix these issues.  I would hope that both sides, Co-op and PJ are looking at plan B and not going to wait the week of to cancel / postpone/ move the show.  Co-op has got to be losing a lot of $ these next couple of weeks.  As someone who is coming from the USA for this show, I really hope it is resolved sooner than later.  I don't have a lot of wiggle room in my schedule for a reschedule.  
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    GT1015 said:
    1 1/2 months out is not a long time to fix these issues.  I would hope that both sides, Co-op and PJ are looking at plan B and not going to wait the week of to cancel / postpone/ move the show.  Co-op has got to be losing a lot of $ these next couple of weeks.  As someone who is coming from the USA for this show, I really hope it is resolved sooner than later.  I don't have a lot of wiggle room in my schedule for a reschedule.  
    Co-op, the venue naming sponsor, don't seem to be very happy and trying to distance themselves from this clusterf*ck. . 

"Co-op is a sponsor and does not own or run the venue, and we have made it clear to Oak View Group, who are responsible for the building, that the impact on ticketholders must be addressed as a priority." - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68940344
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 144
    Really hope it goes ahead for those with tickets. Hopefully they can just move it to AO arena now a precedent has been set for it to be done. Co-Op must know it's going to be a while with how they've just let a a 5 night residency go without trying to reschedule etc.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    Really hope it goes ahead for those with tickets. Hopefully they can just move it to AO arena now a precedent has been set for it to be done. Co-Op must know it's going to be a while with how they've just let a a 5 night residency go without trying to reschedule etc.
    I don't think they've much choice with regard to letting that residency go. The act in question is due back there in June for another run of shows, which they obviously anticipate will happen. Fitting in the shows they're having to pull might not be possible with bookings already taken and bands schedules. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    yorkshirestoneyorkshirestone Posts: 30
    AO wide open for 25/6 - decent plan B

• Options
    They should decide in time. Then they might be able to sell a few more tickets. Provided the price is right. 
  • Options
    Sounds like they should be good to go for 14th May opening with Elbow following an inspection:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68989562
  • Options
    First proper gig went ahead last night successfully, and Black Keys will play today, so that’s good: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c2jddjy711vo
  • Options
    Only 12k there. I think PJ and others also have reduced capacity for the first few months wonder how that will work, just less GA ?
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,174
    Only 12k there. I think PJ and others also have reduced capacity for the first few months wonder how that will work, just less GA ?
    PJ has not sold the seats behind the stage (though I guess this may be due to the screen if they are using that in Europe)
  • Options
    drfox said:
    PJ has not sold the seats behind the stage (though I guess this may be due to the screen if they are using that in Europe)
    Didn't think it had behind stage? The reduced capacity seems to have been planned for the first 6 months for all shows and isn't because of the recent issues 
  • Options
    I haven't seen any artists selling tickets behind the stage at Co-op Live yet. Apart from Billie Eilish, who has her stage in the middle of the arena and won't be performing there until 2025. But regardless, only around 1,500 people can fit into the areas behind the stage. As the organizer himself has documented, the arena only runs at a reduced capacity during the opening season. Which is a great pity. I would have preferred a full arena.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,174
    drfox said:
    Didn't think it had behind stage? The reduced capacity seems to have been planned for the first 6 months for all shows and isn't because of the recent issues 
    Yes it does. Not on sale for PJ though