Options

Manchester Co-op Live June 25

Comments

• Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 165
    Opening of arena is delayed.  Only a couple days but lets hope for nothing major to happen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68873264
    I think it will be fine for June!  not sure what other acts prior to this might get bumped.
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 342
    Despite all this, I’m sure it’ll be ready in the next couple of weeks and well before PJ.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    If it doesn’t open maybe we should just agree to 3 nights at the O2 instead 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,981
    If it doesn’t open maybe we should just agree to 3 nights at the O2 instead 
    Leeds instead please  =)
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 342
    edited May 1
    The venue just tweeted that two massive Olivia Rodrigo shows on 4th and 5th May are also now cancelled. 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,172
    The venue just tweeted that two massive Olivia Rodrigo shows on 4th and 5th May are also now cancelled. 
    Saw some things saying they haven't been paying contractors and changing them no idea if that's true or not 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,701
    That's disappointing. I saw Olivia Rodrigo last night in Dublin. Fantastic show
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    During soundcheck for the act tonight, a chunk of the air con unit fell from the ceiling onto the floor where standing would be. Luckily nobody was there. This morning outside the arena still looked like a building site, it's nowhere near ready. They're trying to rush through all the safety testing as they've booked all these acts so close to the original handover date. A fuck up of monumental proportions. Wouldn't surprise me if everything pre September gets cancelled.
  • Options
    During soundcheck for the act tonight, a chunk of the air con unit fell from the ceiling onto the floor where standing would be. Luckily nobody was there. This morning outside the arena still looked like a building site, it's nowhere near ready. They're trying to rush through all the safety testing as they've booked all these acts so close to the original handover date. A fuck up of monumental proportions. Wouldn't surprise me if everything pre September gets cancelled.
    Saw that about the AC, safety certificate may be an issue now 
  • Options
    Saw that about the AC, safety certificate may be an issue now 
    This is big. The whole AC system will probably have to be checked. This could take quite awhile. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 932
    AO Arena seems to be free the 25 June
     What a fuck up.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,982
    thank god we end up skip manchester (due to dublin being so expensive)
  • Options
    Plenty shows on before PJ guess we need to wait and hope they start going ahead 
  • Options
    MRMACPHISTO75MRMACPHISTO75 Posts: 390
    Lots of artists booked between now and 25/6. Would think that they are going to have to bite the bullet soon and make a big decision. After reading the above, If OR is cancelled at the weekend, I cannot see the Keane gig going ahead on the Monday really (or the Take That dates). They are costing fans a lot of money in hotels etc. so it needs to be sorted ASAP. AO Arena would do me. No chance of the O2 when they haven’t sold out Spurs (and we need a Northern gig).
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 932
    Can they fix that problem and get a safety cert in time for various concerts. I hope so. I don't know how long that will take. Biting the bullet might be the only option. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,947
    *cough* Leeds *cough*
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Issue with moving is its bigger than everywhere else I know it's not sold out but is AO big enough to accommodate all sold tickets?
  • Options
    I’d be up for Leeds again, definitely. Issue being it is smaller than Co-Op. if it is cancelled I would think it would just be rearranged at the same venue. But that would leave a massive gap between Dublin and London.
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    edited May 2
    Looking at Leeds it would have to be 26/27 as it is used on other dates around then
    Post edited by MRMACPHISTO75 on
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    Maybe it gets pushed back till after Lisbon and we get an extra show somewhere else  on the 25th that would be a result 
  • Options
    That would be my guess if the worst was to happen. Even better if they halved the ticket prices for that show. 😂
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,982
    yeah huge gap between dublin on the 22nd and london on the 29th...if its gets cancelled/postponed wonder what they will do...

play a small show in london on the 27th?
    play another city in the UK  on the 25th? (as some said leeds perhaps)
  • Options
    Leeds not available on 25th I don’t think. But 26th looks free. I suppose it depends on logistics and everything. Hopefully the Co-Op will be sorted and it won’t be an issue. Still plenty of time to go yet. Just glad we were not one of the first. 
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 605
    It the show doesn’t happen, it won’t be moved to another venue. It’ll be cancelled or postponed (like the other shows).
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,090
    I don’t think there’s any way the show will not happen. They’ve got so many concerts arranged between now and June 25th. It will be hugely embarrassing for the UAE owners. They will now be throwing money at it to fix it. 
  • Options
    drfox said:
    I don’t think there’s any way the show will not happen. They’ve got so many concerts arranged between now and June 25th. It will be hugely embarrassing for the UAE owners. They will now be throwing money at it to fix it. 
    Dont think its as simple as throwing money at it. When they check what was at fault, it could be simply wrong fixings but they would probably be same fixing through out so all will have to be checked or replaced. Tottenham stadium opening was delayed for months due to faulty fire detection wiring. Whole thing had to be replaced in order to get certified. This is smaller scale, but it is a possibility. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    Issue with moving is its bigger than everywhere else I know it's not sold out but is AO big enough to accommodate all sold tickets?
    AO arena holds 21,000. Apparently they will be working to increase capacity so it is again the biggest arena in Manchester (targeting 24k vs 23.5k at the Co-op) - that according to Wiki anyway.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 858
    Maybe it gets pushed back till after Lisbon and we get an extra show somewhere else  on the 25th that would be a result 
    play a non festival show in lisbon after nos alive.  Im sure it will have no problem selling out.

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022