Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    LBCeddie said:
    23scidoo said:
    LBCeddie said:
    My 40th birthday is in May. It'll cost me a fortune coming all the way from NC, but seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle would be crossing off a life goal for me, haha. I think I gotta go for it. People at work already think I'm crazy for flying to St Paul and Denver over the last couple of years to see them. They just don't understand. 
    Crazy to go from NC to St Paul? That's nothing...lol Who are these losers you work with? What would they think of those of us who go overseas? 
    I've been to Australia 4 x for U2 and Sprngsteen tours and PJ will be 5th time! 
    This was your post, calling this posters coworkers losers because they don’t follow pearl jam. Then literally your next post said, “ my coworkers thought i was crazy flying to philly.”  So my question is, do you call your coworkers losers? And seeing you would leave the country for pearl jam shows as they stand in 2023 and beyond, I think you need your head examined.  Make sense now? 
    you can't imagine their reaction when I told them I was going to Argentina to see them..lol..
    To each their own.  Having seen a ridiculous amount of their shows over the past (almost) 30 years, the shows today in my humble opinion are not worth leaving my state, let alone globetrotting.  I do feel many are holding on to something that is not there anymore.  Just can’t help but see it as a nostalgia act these past couple tours.  The new stuff is mediocre, and the old stuff is not believable anymore. 
    For me it is not just to see them..always looking for an excuse to travel and always there are friends out there which i can't wait to see..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 154
    I like the 2 shows per city keeps repeats down Austin was really good i think one repeat alive?

i wish they would rehearse more. A bunch of songs were butchered like half full and save you but felt they were really pushing the set list variety

still worth traveling for. In my humble opinion!

West coast! Sacramento will rock 
  • Options
    devonfz said:
    I like the 2 shows per city keeps repeats down Austin was really good i think one repeat alive?

i wish they would rehearse more. A bunch of songs were butchered like half full and save you but felt they were really pushing the set list variety

still worth traveling for. In my humble opinion!

West coast! Sacramento will rock 

Really hoping for the Pacific Northwest “triangle”:
    Portland - Spokane - Seattle 
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    drfox said:
    23scidoo said:
    just_one said:
    23scidoo said:
    CopperTom said:
    JABK said:
    Could they play Open'er Festival in Poland?
    No shows east of Berlin.
    I can't understand that.. Tool at Krakow, Budapest..
    Different band with a total different tour
    Ok but why PJ doesn't do east of Berlin??.. make no sense to me..
    Probably because they like to limit tour legs to 9-15 shows nowadays and they can’t play everywhere. In Europe they are always going to play U.K. and Germany as they are the two countries with the most fans…. Everywhere else in reality takes turns.

Yeah but I think Krakow is now amongst their favorites too. Was there in 2018 and had a blast.
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,128
    LBCeddie said:
    23scidoo said:
    LBCeddie said:
    My 40th birthday is in May. It'll cost me a fortune coming all the way from NC, but seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle would be crossing off a life goal for me, haha. I think I gotta go for it. People at work already think I'm crazy for flying to St Paul and Denver over the last couple of years to see them. They just don't understand. 
    Crazy to go from NC to St Paul? That's nothing...lol Who are these losers you work with? What would they think of those of us who go overseas? 
    This was your post, calling this posters coworkers losers because they don’t follow pearl jam. Then literally your next post said, “ my coworkers thought i was crazy flying to philly.”  So my question is, do you call your coworkers losers? And seeing you would leave the country for pearl jam shows as they stand in 2023 and beyond, I think you need your head examined.  Make sense now? 
    you can't imagine their reaction when I told them I was going to Argentina to see them..lol..
    To each their own.  Having seen a ridiculous amount of their shows over the past (almost) 30 years, the shows today in my humble opinion are not worth leaving my state, let alone globetrotting.  I do feel many are holding on to something that is not there anymore.  Just can’t help but see it as a nostalgia act these past couple tours.  The new stuff is mediocre, and the old stuff is not believable anymore. 
    Maybe you saw them "too much" so now you feel that way.
    I have been there 35 times, almost always away from my country. Everytime is diferent and adding new destinations is the key to a fully enjoyable experience.
    Also the frustration of making plans to travel and not being able to attend (several times) makes this thing one of the most excitement activities to do.

2022 Setlists were a little of a bummer but im sure something odd happened on that tour.

Cant wait to the Official tour dates!
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • Options
    Travelling is wonderful if possible 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 675

You do realiize the internet is full of sites where you can tell people that they’re idiots and the thing they love sucks now for free right? You don’t need to drop $35 to do it here. 
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    seanclax said:
    drfox said:
    23scidoo said:
    just_one said:
    23scidoo said:
    CopperTom said:
    JABK said:
    No shows east of Berlin.
    Probably because they like to limit tour legs to 9-15 shows nowadays and they can’t play everywhere. In Europe they are always going to play U.K. and Germany as they are the two countries with the most fans…. Everywhere else in reality takes turns.

The rumoured dates only cover a couple of weeks I'd guess there will be more 
    Sprinkle in a couple festivals but at this point I wouldn't expect more than 12 dates on any tour leg.
    There gonna do more than 12 shows on a European tour. Itll be closer to 20
    They haven't done a leg consisting of more than 14 dates since 2006 so I'm willing to take that bet!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Would like to get back on topic of rumors. But I’ll add, after 51 shows (5 of them in Europe), every time I think the band won’t impress me anymore…they punch me in the face. These 2023 shows blew me away, two of them easily cracked my top 15 if not top 10. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,445
    seanclax said:
    drfox said:
    23scidoo said:
    just_one said:
    23scidoo said:
    CopperTom said:
    JABK said:
    No shows east of Berlin.

Sprinkle in a couple festivals but at this point I wouldn't expect more than 12 dates on any tour leg.
    They haven't done a leg consisting of more than 14 dates since 2006 so I'm willing to take that bet!
    Well they did plan on doing 17 last time around 
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 307
    seanclax said:
    drfox said:
    23scidoo said:
    just_one said:
    23scidoo said:
    CopperTom said:
    JABK said:
    No shows east of Berlin.

14 is more than 12
  • Options
    LBCeddieLBCeddie Posts: 112
    kmcmanus said:

You do realiize the internet is full of sites where you can tell people that they’re idiots and the thing they love sucks now for free right? You don’t need to drop $35 to do it here. 
    Go eat a tube steak Mcmanus. 

Now back to the Euro rumors…..
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    LBCeddie said:
    23scidoo said:
    LBCeddie said:
    I have been there 35 times, almost always away from my country. Everytime is diferent and adding new destinations is the key to a fully enjoyable experience.
    Also the frustration of making plans to travel and not being able to attend (several times) makes this thing one of the most excitement activities to do.

2022 Setlists were a little of a bummer but im sure something odd happened on that tour.

Look at Hyde Park both nights and tell Me that was a bummer.
    Post edited by seanclax on
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    LBCeddie said:
    No...I said they were losers for questioning a trip from NC to StPaul or Denver cause that's nothing. I don't care who follows PJ orB admit other bands... but traveling half was across US for any show isn't weird. 
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    LBCeddie said:
    23scidoo said:
    LBCeddie said:

Look at Hyde Park both nights and tell Mr that was a bummer.
    Wish we could do it all again next summer it was the essence of PJ 

Golden circle for 10C
    2 repeats all weekend 
    Betterman to open 
    Deep cuts (Throw your hatred down with Johnny Marr)

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 590
    Go Media Stadium at Mt Smart, Auckland - Friday November 8 & Sunday November 10

Heritage Bank Stadium, Gold Coast - Wednesday November 13

Allianz Stadium, Sydney - Saturday November 16 & Monday November 18

AAMI Park, Melbourne - Thursday November 21 & Saturday November 23
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    JK109224 said:

Now there is a “rumor” or sounds more like facts!
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 640
    Bunting10 said:
    JK109224 said:

Now there is a “rumor” or sounds more like facts!
    Definitely sounds like facts. So exciting!
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    LBCeddie said:
    23scidoo said:
    LBCeddie said:

Golden circle for 10C
    2 repeats all weekend 
    Betterman to open 

The weather was perfect to.
    Such a great weekend 
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    seanclax said:
    LBCeddie said:
    23scidoo said:
    LBCeddie said:

Golden circle for 10C
    2 repeats all weekend 
    Betterman to open 

The weather was perfect to.
    Such a great weekend 
    I loved that weekend.  Booked it (flight, hotel) immediately when the 2022 dates were announced in March 2021, which was when vaccinations on a large scale were just starting.  Travel hadn’t come back and I was able to lock in pandemic era travel prices.  Probably the best travel value I ever had and two great shows to boot.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    JK109224 said:

As a chronically unemployed semi-retired scuba diver, this is some pretty sweet stuff. Even if I were to get a job, perfect 2-3 week trip for American Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 706
    Curious if you saw the last tour? I have felt that at times too but this tour had energy purpose. Rock on PJ. 
    I may not globe trot but that’s more of fear of canceling. 
    LBCeddie said:
    23scidoo said:
    LBCeddie said:

• Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,028
    JK109224 said:

Honest question... assuming this is accurate, how well will these shows sell?  I know they are very overdue to get back to NZ/AU, and I honestly don't know, but what's the demand like for the band in the part of the world?  Two shows in most cities in soccer stadiums that appears to hold 40K+ for concerts, will be these sell out? Seems like a lot of capacity, but maybe I'm off base.

Either way, I'm jacked.... I've patiently waited over a decade for this to happen. I've seen the band all over the world with this exception, and looks like it's finally go time for this, most likely, once in a life time trip. I've been saving those C.C. points, excited to finally plan this trip.
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    JK109224 said:

Booked lodging at those..Mt Smart is a pain in the ass though... been there
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 258
    JK109224 said:

I had booked hotel thinking Spark Arena would be the possible choice in Auckland but maybe thats too small?  - now wondering how easy Mt Smart is to get to/from if staying in downtown Auckland or change tack 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 467
    Shall I pick you up on the way to Manchester?  :)
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    Shall I pick you up on the way to Manchester?  :)
    im already in line
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I couldn't decide on the year so went with 20234
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 640
    Micheyb21 said:
    JK109224 said:

I had booked hotel thinking Spark Arena would be the possible choice in Auckland but maybe thats too small?  - now wondering how easy Mt Smart is to get to/from if staying in downtown Auckland or change tack 
    After researching venues, I thought it would be the Spark Arena too, however, I’ve just booked accommodation near the Stadium instead. Can’t wait for the proper announcement!
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 487
    Micheyb21 said:
    JK109224 said:

Shuttle busses are running from Britomart. At least they did in 2014 when I went to see Bruce Springsteen!  =)

But yeah, I doubt you‘ll be the only one at the gig who wants to go back downtown. There‘ll be options.
This discussion has been closed.