Options

*** Rock Werchter Festival Fanviews 29/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    is it allowed to post recording of the shows????

hush hush its out there ;)
    I change by not changing at all.
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    daanarts wrote:

Well just give it :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    daanarts wrote:

Pleeaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeee!!! :D
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    Haha...very funny pics...lol
    But now I still dont know who you are!

YES you know!!! Take a look at your own Nijmegen pics, of you waiting in line and right in front of me near the fence! Hi Mister Edwho!
  • Options
    brechtvbrechtv Posts: 1
    after pj we've been singing alive 'till 5 in the morning ^^
    eveything has chains; absolutely nothing's changed.
  • Options
    brechtv wrote:
    after pj we've been singing alive 'till 5 in the morning ^^
    In the doghouse?
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    GertjeGertje Posts: 1
    Hey you guys

Just 've been reading all the posts hear on the Werchter festival. Sorry to hear that all of you didn't like the crowd at the festival. For me, it goes whitout saying that an indoor performance with a much smaller crowd would indeed be another atmosphere. But, on a festival bands get the opportunity to show who they are to a lot more people, alse people who don't really know them. So it's quite normal that not evereybody there knows the words to every song. And thus, a band can make new fans ...

... like me !! It's not like I didn't know Pearl Jam. But I only had the one cd (Ten), which I liked very much (for over 10 years). I had been to Werchter before when they where supposed to be there, but unfortunately then was the drama at Roskilde. So now would be my very first time to see them. Pearl Jam where the main reason why I bought my Werchter ticket (although I also liked a few other bands).

And then came the show. I'm sorry, but I was one of those who couldn't sing along, 'cause I don't know all the songs. And I'm quite an introvert (typical Belgian?) person, so not suuper enthousiastic.
    But, OH MY GOD, they totally blew me away. Their performance was incredible !! I loved every minute of it. I already was a bit of a fan, but now I'm a huge fan !!! I allready went out and bought their greatest hits (Rearviewmirror) and I'm probably going to buy a couple more of their cd's. This was truly one of the best performances I've ever seen. I'm still floating on a cloud ...

Cheers, and hope to see you guys at one of the next Pearl Jam concerts in Europe/Belgium !!!
  • Options
    kimmenkimmen Posts: 1
    Hi people,

Also my very first time here, although I'm a huge fan from the first hour... I think I'm too lazy to make an account and to type things :-).
    But now... I' ve great memories concerning Nijmegen - where I was - and where I met some other pearl jam fans.
    I'm happy I'm a forum member now, and that I can also share great things about Pearl Jam...
    To the belgian fans: TMF will repeat the Rock Werchter report Saturday ànd Sunday. Check the site (http://www.tmf.be) for the exact time. Yes indeed: only three songs (Corduroy, Given To Fly and Even Flow), but Corduroy is complete (in the webcast only partial).
    Nijmegen en Werchter were incredible...
  • Options
    Gertje wrote:
    Hey you guys

Just 've been reading all the posts hear on the Werchter festival. Sorry to hear that all of you didn't like the crowd at the festival. For me, it goes whitout saying that an indoor performance with a much smaller crowd would indeed be another atmosphere. But, on a festival bands get the opportunity to show who they are to a lot more people, alse people who don't really know them. So it's quite normal that not evereybody there knows the words to every song. And thus, a band can make new fans ...

... like me !! It's not like I didn't know Pearl Jam. But I only had the one cd (Ten), which I liked very much (for over 10 years). I had been to Werchter before when they where supposed to be there, but unfortunately then was the drama at Roskilde. So now would be my very first time to see them. Pearl Jam where the main reason why I bought my Werchter ticket (although I also liked a few other bands).

And then came the show. I'm sorry, but I was one of those who couldn't sing along, 'cause I don't know all the songs. And I'm quite an introvert (typical Belgian?) person, so not suuper enthousiastic.
    But, OH MY GOD, they totally blew me away. Their performance was incredible !! I loved every minute of it. I already was a bit of a fan, but now I'm a huge fan !!! I allready went out and bought their greatest hits (Rearviewmirror) and I'm probably going to buy a couple more of their cd's. This was truly one of the best performances I've ever seen. I'm still floating on a cloud ...

Cheers, and hope to see you guys at one of the next Pearl Jam concerts in Europe/Belgium !!!
    i love stories like that, good for you Gertje! I became a hard-core Pearl Jam fan after seeing them live for the first time too, so i totally get u :) Glad u enjoyed the concert, and next time, u'll know all the words , i bet ;) Buy Vs. next ;)

p.s. Kimmen, that TMF broadcast, is it on tv only?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    http://www.humo.be/cps/rde/xchg/humo/hs.xsl/Festivalitis07_werchter_the_best_of.html?eid=252612362

Werchter pics by Humo photographers I guess. A bit centered around Ed, though. There are other people in the band too!

edit: the picture of Kings of Leon are even worse, just Caleb.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    http://www.humo.be/cps/rde/xchg/humo/hs.xsl/Festivalitis07_werchter_the_best_of.html?eid=252612362

Werchter pics by Humo photographers I guess. A bit centered around Ed, though. There are other people in the band too!

edit: the picture of Kings of Leon are even worse, just Caleb.
    ha! it's like that Humo photographer was in my head! All those lovely Ed/Caleb photos, ohh! Although yes, to be a bit more serious, there's more to a band than it's frontman
    Important question : what the hell is Humo? i thought it was some sort of food, didn't even go to find out though
    thanx for the links :)
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Humo is a TV guide, a magazine. Lots of music content, usually. I'd like to subscribe to it in the future, even though I'm not even living in Belgium.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    Gertje wrote:
    Hey you guys

Sure you're right. I guess we were a bit spoiled by the 4 previous shows we've attended. We were always front row surrounded by die hard fans who knew every single word of every song.
    But hey... no problem next time we might see you singing along first row too! Just hope it won't last toooo long!
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    Mirella wrote:
    Humo is a TV guide, a magazine. Lots of music content, usually. I'd like to subscribe to it in the future, even though I'm not even living in Belgium.

groetjes,
    thanx for the info Mirella :)
    Although Humo still sounds like a food name to me :p
  • Options
    or a certain song by a certain ex-band member ;)

groetjes,
  • Options
    i forgot to ask : did u guys do a fan meeting in front of the Humo stand as it was planned? i didn't attent, i was too busy trying to find a spot somewhere in the crowd
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    i forgot to ask : did u guys do a fan meeting in front of the Humo stand as it was planned? i didn't attent, i was too busy trying to find a spot somewhere in the crowd

Well I looked around for about half an hour and even asked a couple of people and all I got was weird looks :D

In the end I just decided to make my way to a decent spot in the crowd.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Yielded wrote:
    Well I looked around for about half an hour and even asked a couple of people and all I got was weird looks :D

In the end I just decided to make my way to a decent spot in the crowd.
    see i think everyone was far too occupied trying to find a spot in that stupid crowd to worry about fan meetings... :)
    (what exactly did u ask people? haha)
  • Options
    GunterGunter Posts: 2
    8 pages already!!! Well maybe i'm a bit slow...

The reviews i did read were mostly of people who just went for Pearl Jam as I did. I was lying in my couch around 4.30 pm when i heard on the radio there was some commotion on the Marquee (Ed was playing togheter with some band, cant remember who, anyway, that's when i felt it was time 2 leave, still had a "long road" ahead.
    Lucky for me, I had press 2 tickets - parking. Never realised how many people get invited . Ran into Mr. Dave Grohll there after the QOTSA concert, we had some beers, nothing special. Went to see the Arctic Monkeys - 1 song - came back, Dave gone.
    And thats why the whole show of PJ wasn't as electrifiing as last year in Antwerp. They should have put the AC before QOTSA and then PJ.
    Cause what happened was, all these youngsters who just finished their exames and wanted 2C the AC, also wanted to see/hear "Alive" (If the reputation's there, it's there! ) for once in their lives so they just stayed in place, leavin' no room for the die-hards!! Which resultated in a fairly lame crowd.
    If you stood to the left or right, you could here 2 much drumbas (as with QOTSA) which made it for those people also not really enjoyable.
    For me the setlist was ok, mix of old and ver new (No More(War)), but if you are only familiar with Ten, Rearviewmirror and PJ's live performance reputation, THEN i can imagine you're a bit disappointed.
    I was too, in about thousands (all above not included) so called PJ'fans.
    I was quite close (10th row to the left and was surrounded by zombies and "screaming for help" dutch girls when the "pushing" (not really) started.
    At some point, I really thought Ed was gonna throw in the towel, maybe that was the reason they didn't play Yellow Ledbetter. They were supposed to play it, I saw the original playlist before the concert started - but then again, it's certainly not the first time they change their playlist.
    About the song "No More", I made some comments about that on the Humo blogsite (page one by Jeronimo).
    I don't know if it's an error but on the site they state that the song was played 5 times, all 5 in July.
    Well Ed played this song on the Hullabaloo Fundraiser on 5-5-2007 as well.
    Maybe Ed on his own (with Flea....) doesn' count....

CU and be carefull out there
    Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    London, Wembley Arena 29-05-00
    Werchter 02-07-00 => cancelled
    Antwerp 30-08-06
    Werchter 29-06-07
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    John Boy wrote:
    I was lying in my couch around 4.30 pm when i heard on the radio there was some commotion on the Marquee (Ed was playing togheter with some band, cant remember who,

It was on the Main Stage and it was with Kings of Leon.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    GunterGunter Posts: 2
    Tnx for the update Angus ;-)
    Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    London, Wembley Arena 29-05-00
    Werchter 02-07-00 => cancelled
    Antwerp 30-08-06
    Werchter 29-06-07
  • Options
    John Boy wrote:
    They should have put the AC before QOTSA and then PJ.
    Cause what happened was, all these youngsters who just finished their exames and wanted 2C the AC, also wanted to see/hear "Alive" (If the reputation's there, it's there! ) for once in their lives so they just stayed in place, leavin' no room for the die-hards!! Which resultated in a fairly lame crowd.

I was surrounded by British teenage girls with special little songs to sing to the Arctic Monkeys. The good part about it was they were all small. But I don't think they stayed for Pearl Jam. That was so funny. One asked me what Satellite Party was, and if they were 'famous'. If I'd said 'yes' they'd have immediately gone to see them :D. But my "well, the singer is famous but with his former bands" was too confusing for them ;).
    Anyway, the lame crowd surrounding was everywhere I went. Too many to just be AM fans. Thanks to the camera's that looked for action I could find my friends back, and *celebrate* Smile and Baba as they're supposed to be celebrated!

groetjes,
    Mirella :) (Dutch but a couple of rows in front of you and not screaming for help when there was pushing ;). Just sighing because it was so useless and annoying. No need to push...)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    did I miss something or there's a reason why Kerensa pictures are not yet up for that show? (when all the others were up within a day or 2)
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Pegasus wrote:
    did I miss something or there's a reason why Kerensa pictures are not yet up for that show? (when all the others were up within a day or 2)

I was wondering about that as well.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Me too, where are the Kerensa pics???
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    Me too, where are the Kerensa pics???
    I was looking through Kerensa's pics as well a minute ago and couldn't find it. Was she even there?
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    parel jam wrote:
    I was looking through Kerensa's pics as well a minute ago and couldn't find it. Was she even there?
    I don't recall seeing her there.
    but then many shows I didn't see her and the photos prove she was present.
  • Options
    justdimijustdimi Posts: 256
    John Boy wrote:
    They should have put the AC before QOTSA and then PJ.

You nailed it !

Grtz Justdimi
    Justdimi,

http://www.pinterest.com/justdimi/
    www.facebook.com/dimitri.sponselee
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/justdimi/
    ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----