Options

*** Rock Werchter Festival Fanviews 29/6/07 ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MathMath Posts: 71
    I've been a fan for a long time (real long,Mother-Love-Bone long time) myself and I must confess that Werchter (for reasons that even I don't fully understand) was my first PJ show (boooo me).

As it was my first show, I wanted to enjoy it as much as possible so I didn't jump, shout, danced, yell, sing, get my nose broken in the pit... I wanted to HEAR the music more than anything else.

All that to say that I send my apologies to all the guys who have been disapointed by the audience. I'm in part responsible for it being lame.

The fact is that I didn't want to SEE Pearl Jam, I wanted to LISTEN to them. Many PJ songs (in fact all songs but Dirty Franck) can be linked to a certain state of mind in my life. They all have different but equally important significance to me.

But I promise that now that I've Heard them, I'll be more supportive and exhuberant the next time I see them.

So, I'm sorry... But not that much.
    "Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends" - Woody ALLEN
  • Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    Math wrote:
    The fact is that I didn't want to SEE Pearl Jam, I wanted to LISTEN to them. Many PJ songs (in fact all songs but Dirty Franck) can be linked to a certain state of mind in my life. They all have different but equally important significance to me.

But I promise that now that I've Heard them, I'll be more supportive and exhuberant the next time I see them.

So, I'm sorry... But not that much.

I understand...completely.

That's one of the reasons why we attended more concerts in a row:
    one for just listening, just watching, absorb the atmosphere, one for going comletely crazy, to get high, to sing your longs out, to be silent and listen, to watch, to close your eyes and dream, to be part of the whole crowd, to be alone with the band.....
  • Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    WERCHTER Kerensa-pics are up now!!
  • Options
    kontrollkontroll Posts: 1
    Jeronimo wrote:
    8 songs not played??
    Do you happen to know what songs? And where in the setlist (end, halfway, encores?)
    "De Morgen" (a belgian paper) published this as the original setlist (don't know if it truly was):

1. Last Exit
    2. Animal
    3. Brain Of J.
    4. World Wide Suicide
    5. Once
    6. Dissident
    7. Army Reserve
    8. Do The Evolution
    9. God’s Dice
    10. Curduroy
    11. Jeremy
    12. Why Go
    13. Given To Fly
    14. Even Flow
    15. Life Wasted
    16. No War
    -
    17. Smile
    18. Better Man
    19. Crazy Mary
    20. Alive
    -
    21. Baba O’Riley
    22. Yellow Ledbetter

And this is what they actually played:

1. Go
    2. Animal
    3. Brain Of J.
    4. World Wide Suicide
    5. Once
    6. Dissident
    7. Do the Evolution
    8. Gods' Dice
    9. Corduroy
    10. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    11. Why Go
    12. Given to Fly
    13. Even Flow
    14. Life Wasted
    15. Porch
    -
    16. No More
    17. Smile
    18. Better Man/Save it for Later
    19. Alive
    -
    20. Baba O'Riley

If thru, Go came instead of Last Exit,
    Army Reserve, Crazy Mary and Yellow Ledbetter were dropped
    but Porch was played,
    and Elderly Woman replaced Jeremy
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    No More was always at the beginning of the first encore and Betterman was not on the original setlist (got it right in front of me, not at home so can't scan it).
    Also YLB was in brackets so planned as 'might not be played' I presume.

Did wonder why they opened with Go instead of Last Exit...
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to get Jeff's setlist after the show and the set list Kontroll posted is exactly right with the parenthesis around Y. Led like Pegasus said.
    It looked like Ed could not handle one more song under whatever influence he was on..."go make babies" he must have really missed home he said that like 3 times straight!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I was lucky enough to get Jeff's setlist after the show and the set list Kontroll posted is exactly right with the parenthesis around Y. Led like Pegasus said.
    It looked like Ed could not handle one more song under whatever influence he was on..."go make babies" he must have really missed home he said that like 3 times straight!
    mmm.. strange, there's 2 different setlists (you have Better Man on yours?) so considering the source of mine they must have changed the encores just before the show.
  • Options
    Betterman IS NOT on the set list that i have, so i think its the same one :)
  • Options
    obviously they didn't have time to play all those extra songs , they must have been just for alternatives, probably wanted to see which ones fitted best at that particular moment.
    I would have loved Last Exit and Crazy Mary of course, but Baba and Smile did the job just fine :)
    He kept saying go make babies, it was very funny, and very ironic, considering the ugly smelly drunken/stoned men surrounding me. That was the last thing on my mind that night, eventhough i always do take Eddie's advices seriously....
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Rocks wrote:
    I understand...completely.

That's one of the reasons why we attended more concerts in a row:
    one for just listening, just watching, absorb the atmosphere, one for going comletely crazy, to get high, to sing your longs out, to be silent and listen, to watch, to close your eyes and dream, to be part of the whole crowd, to be alone with the band.....

perfect. thats the beauty of seeing different shows. right on.

no need for people to apologise for not singing etc - as long as you enjoy it :)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    No More was always at the beginning of the first encore and Betterman was not on the original setlist (got it right in front of me, not at home so can't scan it).
    Also YLB was in brackets so planned as 'might not be played' I presume.

Did wonder why they opened with Go instead of Last Exit...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/yeild2pearljam/IMG_1157.jpg

heres that scan ive been trying to put up for so long.
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Dimi,

you're great. I love your work. I still had your Antwerp wallpaper on my screen, now I changed it for your Werchter one.

Thanks a lot, mate!
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Angus wrote:
    Dimi,

you're great. I love your work. I still had your Antwerp wallpaper on my screen, now I changed it for your Werchter one.

Thanks a lot, mate!
    Ha..ha...same here ...and yes his works are so brilliant if ya ask me...;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    justdimijustdimi Posts: 256
  • Options
    justdimi wrote:
    Great work Justdimi. Hope you don't mind if I put one of these on my screen too.
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    justdimi wrote:

WOOOOwww there just great i put the first one up on my screen...A BIG THANK YOU from me...;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010