The Food Thread

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited February 2023
    My fish guy just posted on Instagram- first Irish Tuna of the season has landed. Ordered a piece of belly for Friday.

On a side note, EU regulations are so messed up. Ireland has a quota of zero Tuna. They can only be legally kept by Irish boats as a by-catch, which this one was. We get a lot of Spanish boats coming up in summer looking for Tuna off the Irish coast which they are permitted to do. They take them back to Spain to sell but my fish guy has some connection with one of the captains and he occasionally drives down and buys one from them.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    eddiec said:
    My fish guy just posted on Instagram- first Irish Tuna of the season has landed. Ordered a piece of belly for Friday.

On a side note, EU regulations are so messed up. Ireland has a quota of zero Tuna. They can only be legally kept by Irish boats as a by-catch, which this one was. We get a lot of Spanish boats coming up in summer looking for Tuna off the Irish coast which they are permitted to do. They take them back to Spain to sell but my fish guy has some connection with one of the captains and he occasionally drives down and buys one from them.
    Nice to have hookups like that! Can’t wait to see what you get
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    There's fish guys, huh? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Nice
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    There's fish guys, huh? 
    You never saw the Shape of Water? ;)
    Chutoro

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited March 2023
    Oh my.   
    Tempting to just slice and eat but I'm sure you will show us some other beautiful ways to prepare.
    (Also, I prefer chutoro to otoro.  Amazing stuff.)
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    edited March 2023
    Oh my.   
    Tempting to just slice and eat but I'm sure you will show us some other beautiful ways to prepare.
    I think I'll just slice and eat. Too good to mess with.
    Edit: I remember you saying that a while back about chutoro and I'm the same.
    Post edited by eddiec on
    eddiec said:
    Oh my.   
    I think I'll just slice and eat. Too good to mess with.
    What do you choose to drink with that?
    Tonight it's a Verdejo from Spain.
    Ah.
    Ever have Ken?
    Ken to sip, as well as an Echigo red.

Damn.  You have a pleasant meal!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Italian night. Chicken piccata and gnocchi with a butter, sage and porcini sauce. All so good 

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Italian night. Chicken piccata and gnocchi with a butter, sage and porcini sauce. All so good 

That looks amazing. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This gringo made birria tacos. Nothing about this wasn't messy.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Rob Cutlets

chinese-happy.jpg
    Lots of good eats!

Had some different eggs this weekend.  Got some quail eggs and duck eggs.  
    Did omelets with both and steamed both.
    Not all that different from chicken eggs.
    I'd only had Quail eggs raw before, so this was new on that front.  Forgot pic of omelet but they looked yhe same as chicken egg omelets.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    Eggcellent

Making Chili. It needs to simmer for a bit longer. But it smells really good. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    GlowGirl said:

Making Chili. It needs to simmer for a bit longer. But it smells really good. 
    Love Chili specially on Hot dogs or a good knish! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Some porterhouse, shrooms, asparagus,  and potato. 
    Tough to go wrong.  (Also, only ate about half so another good meal to come.)

Some porterhouse, shrooms, asparagus,  and potato. 
    Tough to go wrong.  (Also, only ate about half so another good meal to come.)

That looks amazing. I haven’t had a steak in a while. 
    Sat at the chefs window
    Holy FSM.
    I'm ok if I go tonight:

Walked about a mile and half to a bar I like, and still stuffed.  
    Getting the drink on, now

Awesome awesome dinner. Only thing I don’t love is that the duck hearts aren’t on the menu anymore since Covid. What bar?
    Awesome awesome dinner. Only thing I don’t love is that the duck hearts aren’t on the menu anymore since Covid. What bar?

a-bar.
    Love just telling the guys what I like and drinking 5 different drinks with that in it.
    Tonight it is a continuation of the mezcal run started at Zahav

You ever go to this place?

edited March 2023
    A bar is good spot, yeah that’s a good walk but a nice night and yeah the bar at zahav is awesome. Legitimately great bartenders.

That’s a great night out. Enjoy!

I don’t know what you have planned the rest
    of the evening, but so many good cocktails within a couple blocks of you…wilder…1 tippling…ranstead…
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Thanks for the suggestions.   I have "no good" and "Christopher Columbus Drunk" on the list of things to do.
    Well in that case I have some other suggestions hahaha 

Dry aged ribeye from cappucio’s in the Italian market 
    That skillet shot is money