The Food Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Yeah, that looks awesome...I don't know about light though...
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    Poor Mans Burnt Ends to kickoff playoff Saturday!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,813
    That looks so good! One of these days I am going to fly to Atlanta and show up at your door with a bib around my neck and a fork in my hand  ;)
    GlowGirl said:
    That looks so good! One of these days I am going to fly to Atlanta and show up at your door with a bib around my neck and a fork in my hand  ;)
    I do put out some good BBQ for a guy from Boston.
    GlowGirl said:
    I do put out some good BBQ for a guy from Boston.
    Yes, you do. 

Tried a new recipe. It is chicken with a creamy sauce of spinach, roasted red peppers, and sun dried tomatoes. The creamy part is white wine and also sour cream. It tastes great. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,447
    GlowGirl said:

Tried a new recipe. It is chicken with a creamy sauce of spinach, roasted red peppers, and sun dried tomatoes. The creamy part is white wine and also sour cream. It tastes great. 
    Looks excellent.

I’ve taken to calling my wife “Sourdough Sue”….not a day goes by that she’s not doing something with that dough or starter or whatever it is. She just tried some with cinnamon in it and….OMG! 👍
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,447
    whoops.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited January 2023
    Wobbie said:
    GlowGirl said:

Looks excellent.

I’ve taken to calling my wife “Sourdough Sue”….not a day goes by that she’s not doing something with that dough or starter or whatever it is. She just tried some with cinnamon in it and….OMG! 👍
    Thanks. I love to cook, but I can’t bake at all unless I use a cake mix or something. I tried to make bread once. It came out terrible. Cinnamon bread sounds so good. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,742
    Nice GG & Wobbie. I have a bud that randomly drops off the best bread to me. It's an art for sure. I hear sourdough is more complex to make. Super cool.
    Looking good guys!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Nothing fancy - stone cold good, though

Hot Italian sausage, peppers, and onions.

The love he receives is the love that is saved

Those look great. Whenever I go to the San Gennaro festival in Little Italy I have to get the sausage, peppers, and onion on a roll. It is always hard to decide between hot or sweet sausage. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    GlowGirl said:

Those look great. Whenever I go to the San Gennaro festival in Little Italy I have to get the sausage, peppers, and onion on a roll. It is always hard to decide between hot or sweet sausage. 
    Gotta go 🔥:)

GlowGirl said:

Gotta go 🔥:)

That is what I go for most often. But once in a while I am in the mood for sweet. 
    Making 'GG's famous' pot roast again. Using red wine tonight and eased up on the salt. Dry rubbed that chuck roast and left it in the fridge overnight. Seared up nicely. Now wait. A little tricky cooking outside because I don't want the fire to die out but don't want it too hot. Aaaaannnyyywayyyy.
    Loujoe said:
    Making 'GG's famous' pot roast again. Using red wine tonight and eased up on the salt. Dry rubbed that chuck roast and left it in the fridge overnight. Seared up nicely. Now wait. A little tricky cooking outside because I don't want the fire to die out but don't want it too hot. Aaaaannnyyywayyyy.
    Awesome!! Let us know how it turns out. I have never used a dry rub first. Sounds good. 
    edited January 2023

Ocean Prime
    Seafood Tower
    Oysters ×2

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Wow^ very nice
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    Awesome!! Let us know how it turns out. I have never used a dry rub first. Sounds good. 
    Perfect. The rub is just coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. My bud recommends 'dry ageing' any meat seasoned and uncovered in fridge 1 to 2 days. Not 100% sure what it does. I imagine it flavors it/dries it out a bit so it can sear up nicely. It's super and thanks to your tips...great gravy and potatoes/carrots not overdone.
    :)
    :)

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    Lemon chicken 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited February 2023
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lemon chicken 
    Damn that looks good. Well done buddy!
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lemon chicken 
    That looks amazing. 
    Yum!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,221
    That's essentially Chicken Francaise right? Looks great
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, i meant to say that looks awesome. I could go for some Chicken Picatta 
    Sushi friday! Let’s get rolling 

Awesome, be right over and bringing sake! 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278

I had these two dishes down in Patagonia! 
    1st dish is Fresh Abalone with potato salad absolutely insane how good it was!
    2nd dish is Guanaco carpaccio I almost ordered a 2nd serving but I had already ordered a pasta dish 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278
    Amazing Guanaco carpaccio! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....