The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    drfox said:
    I always wonder if it’s just Jeff who doesn’t like touring or if it’s Stone, Mike etc as well. I know it wouldn’t be the same but if it was just one member who wanted a touring break I probably wouldn’t mind them doing what the Killers do and get a temporary touring stand in. I know if wouldn’t be anywhere as good as having the full band, but given everyone isn’t getting any younger, I would take say 4/5ths of the band + more shows, over a 2-3 year touring break.
    Jeff seems to get blamed for it but it seems like that’s not really warranted. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I am but I've never seen him live. And I wouldn't spend $250 to see him either.  At this point, I'd have a hard time spending $250/ticket to see Pearl Jam. I've never spent more than $150 and I think that would be my cap for any band at this point. 
    with fees you aren't see many, if any, arena level band for $150 these days.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Here's something...or nothing.

Speaking of Jeff not wanting to tour as much (and I still think that comment was taken slightly out-of-context.) I think he doesn't like the hassle of being on the road and in a different city every night, but I think he likes playing and using the money for good things...and I think the article even mentioned that.

But anyhoo...a few years ago, there was some talk/rumors that we might see Kim, Ben and Matt tour again or make new music. Obviously, it wouldn't be the Soundgarden name. If it happens, it may not even be the Nude Dragons name.

AND OBVIOUSLY...there may still be a huge legal situation there with Vicky. (I think that's who it's with. I'll admit I'm not totally current there.)

If Matt is touring with Pearl Jam, he obviously can't be with Kim and Ben... such as what happened in 2014.

But if he's not with PJ as much...then maybe is there possibly any chance that the Matt/Kim/Ben thing rides again?

Perhaps it's something to ponder.

Or do we think Kim and Ben are done?

What do Soundgarden fans know here that I don't?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Man this thread has derailed big time. 
    Agreed..only thread that gets eyeballs so chatter must be here. The non rumor talk could go on under other thread titles but...not as many followers. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 141
    Pearl Jam is the only band I’ll pay top dollar for… I liked it when ticket prices were like 85 to 125 range and then every ticket in the house was that price dynamic pricing is going to suck balls next tour…
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Get_Right said:
    drfox said:
    I always wonder if it’s just Jeff who doesn’t like touring or if it’s Stone, Mike etc as well. I know it wouldn’t be the same but if it was just one member who wanted a touring break I probably wouldn’t mind them doing what the Killers do and get a temporary touring stand in. I know if wouldn’t be anywhere as good as having the full band, but given everyone isn’t getting any younger, I would take say 4/5ths of the band + more shows, over a 2-3 year touring break.

That is not the way they do it. Quality over quantity. I would not pay a nickel to see the band without its founding members.
    Without it's founding guitar players, you mean.  :D
  • I get why people would rather have shows than a new album (as if that is a choice WE could even make) but I personally would rather see a band that is still WORKING and making new music. Once an act fully embraces its legacy status, imo the spark that made them THEM dies. Especially a band like PJ who is constantly changing the setlist, that is where they find the will to still do this, new music, keeping the creativity flowing. Also, there are PJ records I like more and those I like less, but imo they haven't really put out a stinker. Ok, maybe Backspacer, but still, every record has produced welcome additions to the setlist. Otherwise, that Even Flow solo y'all hate so much is gonna hit 15 minutes.
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    I personally would rather see a band that is still WORKING and making new music. 
    I'm with you. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    I get why people would rather have shows than a new album (as if that is a choice WE could even make) but I personally would rather see a band that is still WORKING and making new music. Once an act fully embraces its legacy status, imo the spark that made them THEM dies. Especially a band like PJ who is constantly changing the setlist, that is where they find the will to still do this, new music, keeping the creativity flowing. Also, there are PJ records I like more and those I like less, but imo they haven't really put out a stinker. Ok, maybe Backspacer, but still, every record has produced welcome additions to the setlist. Otherwise, that Even Flow solo y'all hate so much is gonna hit 15 minutes.
    Yes.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    I get why people would rather have shows than a new album (as if that is a choice WE could even make) but I personally would rather see a band that is still WORKING and making new music. Once an act fully embraces its legacy status, imo the spark that made them THEM dies. Especially a band like PJ who is constantly changing the setlist, that is where they find the will to still do this, new music, keeping the creativity flowing. Also, there are PJ records I like more and those I like less, but imo they haven't really put out a stinker. Ok, maybe Backspacer, but still, every record has produced welcome additions to the setlist. Otherwise, that Even Flow solo y'all hate so much is gonna hit 15 minutes.
    I would replace Backspacer with Gigaton, but otherwise I fully agree with this.  
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    I am sure to be blasted for this comment, but, IMO, PJ entered legacy status post-covid 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • IMO that's hardly a controversial statement. They are a legacy band. But one that isn't just Billy Joel-ing its way to retirement, they are also making new music that, imo at least, is worth hearing
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    IMO that's hardly a controversial statement. They are a legacy band. But one that isn't just Billy Joel-ing its way to retirement, they are also making new music that, imo at least, is worth hearing
    Agreed.  You can still be a “Legacy” band but put out an album every 5 years or so.

But the touring, setlists, marketing etc have clearly taken a massive shift to appease the casual fan.  And I think PJ has entered the “I gotta see PJ to cross them off of my concert bucket list before they retire” territory for many, many people who aren’t as crazy as us
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    I am sure to be blasted for this comment, but, IMO, PJ entered legacy status post-covid 
    I don't disagree with this statement. 
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    I know this is a stretch, but looking at the involved artists, I feel like this is something Ed could have been a part of. I am choosing to consider the fact that he isn't involved, as a sign that he may have plans at the time for something else. Maybe???

words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    RiotAct10 said:
    I know this is a stretch, but looking at the involved artists, I feel like this is something Ed could have been a part of. I am choosing to consider the fact that he isn't involved, as a sign that he may have plans at the time for something else. Maybe???

words seem so out of place :D 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Would love to see Ed hanging backstage with Snoop and Ziggy Marley...I don't think I could go see "Pearl Jam" if Mike wasn't playing.  You could sub out one of Jeff, Matt or Stone (sorry, Stone) and I'd still go.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    RiotAct10 said:

Glen Hansard has two random NY dates scheduled for mid-March. Does he come to the U.S. for just two shows? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    What’s this even mean? 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    ddeschler said:
    Would love to see Ed hanging backstage with Snoop and Ziggy Marley.
    Snoop was at the RnRHoF show in 2017 when Pearl Jam was inducted.  He inducted Tupac and performed.  They must have bumped into one another back stage.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Man I saw 30 new comments and was excited there would be a solid rumor.  Nope.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    JimmyV said:
    RiotAct10 said:

Glen Hansard has two random NY dates scheduled for mid-March. Does he come to the U.S. for just two shows? 
    This is interesting 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    JimmyV said:
    RiotAct10 said:

One of them is a McCartney tribute show.  Maybe he just scheduled a 2nd show for kicks since he knew it would be easy money while he's here?  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:
    RiotAct10 said:

One of them is a McCartney tribute show.  Maybe he just scheduled a 2nd show for kicks since he knew it would be easy money while he's here?  
    Totally possible. 

• DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    JimmyV said:
    RiotAct10 said:

For what it's worth, he's playing the Ryman here in Nashville on August 8th...
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
    JimmyV said:
    RiotAct10 said:

For what it's worth, he's playing the Ryman here in Nashville on August 8th...
    He has a whole tour in August with Marketa Irglova. We are seeing them in Boston later that week. 

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    drfox said:
    Don't think this is the case.
    Talking with Rob at a RNDM show he said Jeff basically paid for the tour and wasn't making anything, but loved being out there touring. So take that for what it's worth...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:
    drfox said:
    Don't think this is the case.
    Talking with Rob at a RNDM show he said Jeff basically paid for the tour and wasn't making anything, but loved being out there touring. So take that for what it's worth...
    Exactly the past situation that came to my mind. “Didn’t he tour with RNDM when he could’ve been snowboarding?”
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jeff made that one comment a few years back about not enjoying the grind of touring. But then he also said after the shows were cancelled in 2020 and rebooked in 2022, that he couldn't wait to get back to performing live. like anything, I'm sure it's a love/hate thing, and it all depends on a mood when talking to someone at that moment. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Here's something...or nothing.

Speaking of Jeff not wanting to tour as much (and I still think that comment was taken slightly out-of-context.) I think he doesn't like the hassle of being on the road and in a different city every night, but I think he likes playing and using the money for good things...and I think the article even mentioned that.

But anyhoo...a few years ago, there was some talk/rumors that we might see Kim, Ben and Matt tour again or make new music. Obviously, it wouldn't be the Soundgarden name. If it happens, it may not even be the Nude Dragons name.

AND OBVIOUSLY...there may still be a huge legal situation there with Vicky. (I think that's who it's with. I'll admit I'm not totally current there.)

If Matt is touring with Pearl Jam, he obviously can't be with Kim and Ben... such as what happened in 2014.

But if he's not with PJ as much...then maybe is there possibly any chance that the Matt/Kim/Ben thing rides again?

Perhaps it's something to ponder.

Or do we think Kim and Ben are done?

What do Soundgarden fans know here that I don't?
    it would be amazing if the 3 of them worked together again with another vocalist. I would imagine they'd tread that extremely quietly, as to not get expectations up too high. if they ever did anything together again, it wouldn't' surprise me if it was something like 3rd Secret. Just BAM! record released. no promotion. no fanfare. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD