Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Have been to Northerly several times and agree that it's hard to picture PJ playing there over the UC (or even Soldier). Surprised that Northerly advertises capacity of 30K. The bleachers have always been installed when I'm there, but I'm guessing those are removable. Maybe someone can confirm that? I know Dave Matthews Band plays there somewhat regularly for two-night stands. If PJ plays there, maybe it's all GA? PJ would easily be the biggest band to ever play there. 
  • Options
    Daner90Daner90 Posts: 66
    JojoRice said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I ll never travel far an outdoor show again after Chicago 2018 
    No good?
    The massive thunderstorm that hit before the show.  We had no clue if the show was going to happen. For me, there are just Too many variables with outdoor stadium shows.  
    Counterpoint:  the 8/20/18 Chicago show (thunderstorm delay) was among the best setlists I’ve ever experienced.  
    I concur.  The rain even seemed to add to it! 
    The band goes in to Given to Fly and the rain starts coming down. One of my favorite memories from my time on this planet
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,149
    Daner90 said:
    JojoRice said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    The massive thunderstorm that hit before the show.  We had no clue if the show was going to happen. For me, there are just Too many variables with outdoor stadium shows.  
    Counterpoint:  the 8/20/18 Chicago show (thunderstorm delay) was among the best setlists I’ve ever experienced.  
    The band goes in to Given to Fly and the rain starts coming down. One of my favorite memories from my time on this planet
    I was in GA that night..that moment was incredible! I was so hyped to be having a show after all that storming
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,880
    deb1211 said:
    Daner90 said:
    JojoRice said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    I was in GA that night..that moment was incredible! I was so hyped to be having a show after all that storming
    Same here. 

It was a huge relief they kept with it and have the show happen for us travellers especially. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,029
    deb1211 said:
    Daner90 said:
    JojoRice said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    Was in GA as well.  I remember trying to keep my poster tube dry under my poncho because I was finally able to grab the train poster after striking out for 4 days straight at the outdoor merch stand.  We got Evil Little Goat too!  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,877
    JojoRice said:
    deb1211 said:
    Daner90 said:
    JojoRice said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    Was in GA as well.  I remember trying to keep my poster tube dry under my poncho because I was finally able to grab the train poster after striking out for 4 days straight at the outdoor merch stand.  We got Evil Little Goat too!  
    And immediately into Leash! Most certainly a night I will never forget. The weather most certainly added to the show. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,172
    edited March 2023
    chiefnjk said:
    Have been to Northerly several times and agree that it's hard to picture PJ playing there over the UC (or even Soldier). Surprised that Northerly advertises capacity of 30K. The bleachers have always been installed when I'm there, but I'm guessing those are removable. Maybe someone can confirm that? I know Dave Matthews Band plays there somewhat regularly for two-night stands. If PJ plays there, maybe it's all GA? PJ would easily be the biggest band to ever play there. 
    Pretty much all of it is removable. It's basically a pop-up amphitheater. I've heard there's some law that prohibits them from building a permanent venue on the site, or something like that.
    But yeah, I've been following dmb on the road for over 20 years. That's how I know how derided it is. They seem to have some kind of agreement with LN that allows them to play Alpine one year if they play Northerly the next. This has been going on for awhile. And we hate the Northerly years. But I doubt that PJ would be locked into any such agreement. So, you'd think that if they were going to do some shows in the region, they'd certainly prefer to play Alpine over Northerly.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,149
    JojoRice said:
    deb1211 said:
    Daner90 said:
    JojoRice said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    I had to have that poster. After 3 plus hrs in the hot sun I finally had it. Glad you got one. Chicago was my first trip alone to a big city so that poster was everything 
  • Options
    Wouldn’t Northerly be a bit nippy on the lake in September?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Wouldn’t Northerly be a bit nippy on the lake in September?
    Could be. Or, could be sweltering heat or torrential rain. Perks of living in the Midwest. All the more reason UC makes more sense. 
  • Options
    Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    JojoRice said:
    deb1211 said:
    Daner90 said:
    JojoRice said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    That was my first GA experience!
    I remember some hero who had a pocket full of Ziploc bags to hand out so we could keep our phones dry. Fun time.

10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 331
    For what it’s worth, one of the radio stations here in Vancouver just said they have a couple big concert announcements next week🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    It’s nice to dream, since, well, EVERY goddamn music artist EVER is touring this year!!!!!   
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 529
    edited March 2023
    As George Costanza once said, “Everyone’s doing something. We’ll do nothing!”
    Post edited by DM282158 on
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Haijay said:
    For what it’s worth, one of the radio stations here in Vancouver just said they have a couple big concert announcements next week🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    It’s nice to dream, since, well, EVERY goddamn music artist EVER is touring this year!!!!!   

There was definitely a huge backlog with 2020 and 2021 being shitshows.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,980
    DM282158 said:
    As George Costanza once said, “Everyone’s doing something. We’ll do nothing!”
    😂😂😂
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    A lot more social media posting regarding the 2003 Japan Tour than normal.... likely means nothing, just something I've noticed
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,067
    A lot more social media posting regarding the 2003 Japan Tour than normal.... likely means nothing, just something I've noticed
    Probably due to the 20 year anniversary this week.  M
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    Guy in Noblesville is hinting a big announcement coming at Ruoff Music Center for a "band that hasn't been here in a long time"....it's been 13 years since PJ was here.

Not sure if that is who he is referring to but it's the first thing I thought of
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 431
    Guy in Noblesville is hinting a big announcement coming at Ruoff Music Center for a "band that hasn't been here in a long time"....it's been 13 years since PJ was here.

Not sure if that is who he is referring to but it's the first thing I thought of
    Announcement this week for Ruoff?
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,269

I live near noblesville and have only been able to see them once within 4 hours of home. May 2010
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,309
    Patiently waiting for @Santos L. Halper to send that "be sure your membership is up to date" email!!
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,172
    edited March 2023
    Please be sure to show proper respect.  It's Deer Creek. ;)
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,873
    I approve this message. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,941
    I approve this message. 
    @darwinstheory is deer creek near green bush brewery?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,702
    Nods in Hoosier
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 462
    I know of a stretch of early May holds in my neck of the woods. I don’t think it’s happening but there are holds.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,873
    mcgruff10 said:
    I approve this message. 
    @mcgruff10 Brother! You have no idea how coincidental this is. So...after typing that, I was on my way to Greenbush!! Anyhow, Noblesville is nowhere near Greenbush. Noblesville is just north of Indianapolis. Greenbush is in Sawyer, MI which is about 10 minutes north of the IN/MI border. 

However, you better fu*÷×NG @ me pending any upcoming tour dates!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,142
    logan5ive said:
    I know of a stretch of early May holds in my neck of the woods. I don’t think it’s happening but there are holds.
    Where are these woods?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,941
    mcgruff10 said:
    I approve this message. 
    @mcgruff10 Brother! You have no idea how coincidental this is. So...after typing that, I was on my way to Greenbush!! Anyhow, Noblesville is nowhere near Greenbush. Noblesville is just north of Indianapolis. Greenbush is in Sawyer, MI which is about 10 minutes north of the IN/MI border. 

However, you better fu*÷×NG @ me pending any upcoming tour dates!
    You know I will!  You eat there or just get some
    beer?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 462
    pjl44 said:
    logan5ive said:
    Where are these woods?
    Where the Cowboys play. 🤠 
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]