Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,937
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I ll never travel far an outdoor show again after Chicago 2018 
    No good?
    The massive thunderstorm that hit before the show.  We had no clue if the show was going to happen. For me, there are just Too many variables with outdoor stadium shows.  
    Counterpoint:  the 8/20/18 Chicago show (thunderstorm delay) was among the best setlists I’ve ever experienced.  
    I do agree with this. It was an amazing show.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,533

Wrigley '13 was a blast, but yeah... it will always have that 'what could have / should have been' angle to it. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,023
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    The massive thunderstorm that hit before the show.  We had no clue if the show was going to happen. For me, there are just Too many variables with outdoor stadium shows.  
    Counterpoint:  the 8/20/18 Chicago show (thunderstorm delay) was among the best setlists I’ve ever experienced.  
    I concur.  The rain even seemed to add to it! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,140
    hihobibo said:
    You people are really stretching for anything at this point. People gave crap to Go Animal for having speculation on a festival that gave clues that it might be PJ in their announcement, but are giving credence to a new poster with under 10 posts, and only a member of the site for a year? 
    The alternative is bickering over poster print runs or staying up to date on Live's long, slow implosion 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    edited March 2023
    Wrigley 2013 will always be "what could have / should have" but was still one of the best concerts ever for this band.  It was that good.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Wrigley 2013 will always be "what could have / should have" but was still one of the best concerts ever for this band.  It was that good.
    Of the 20 shows I've seen, it definitely makes the top 10, but not the top 5. 

It was one hell of a night that I'll never forget, that's for sure. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,958
    edited March 2023
    Wrigley Field at 2am

Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    2 hours to walk back to the loop… I had the rare foresight to both stop drinking after two beers & the start of the delay and stay off my phone to preserve the battery… I was the only one who’s phone didn’t die & we needed the map to find our way back. 

What a night. 
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 888
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:
    You people are really stretching for anything at this point. People gave crap to Go Animal for having speculation on a festival that gave clues that it might be PJ in their announcement, but are giving credence to a new poster with under 10 posts, and only a member of the site for a year? 
    The alternative is bickering over poster print runs or staying up to date on Live's long, slow implosion 
    I assume you've read the Rolling Stone article?!
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:
    And the recent bonus material. What a ride.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,168
    edited March 2023
    Hoping for Hartford
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Hoping for Hartford

Always!

• Options
    If they go from Boston to Chicago I wonder if they’ll skip Philly or NY. I doubt it, but they can’t play only 1 night again in those markets. Hoping for Midwest cluster dates: Pitt, cleveland, Cinci, Indy, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Minny….finish off with Montana and Seattle.

2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 431
    Maybe Milwaukee will get a show at that new venue Fiserv Forum.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    pjl44 said:
    RK50065 said:
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Sounds good. Got a link?
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    RK50065 said:
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Sounds good. Got a link?
    Thread is only 2 pages so easy to find the links. You don't necessarily need to read the first interview with Chris Shinn.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/296831/live-same-singer-new-band/p1
  • Options

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    PJ is offered headlining spots at all major festivals in the US and Europe every year. Every promoter or festival organizer would love PJ as a headliner, as it is a guaranteed sell out. It is a simple matter of them choosing to get out and play live. Hate to say it, but it is a new record or the festival money that gets them to play. If they played shows within a year or so of the 2022 dates that would be one of the quickest returns to the stage in recent years. I am hopeful for fall dates but not optimistic. And all you people in tertiary markets should not get your hopes up, history indicates they go where there is strong demand, with an outlier here or there. Facts are facts, they take years off between records and tours. Hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    I wonder if they were re-offered the upcoming South America Lolla spots.  Blink 182 just dropped out due to Travis Barker injury/surgery and TwentyOne Pilots are stepping in to headline last minute
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I wonder if they were re-offered the upcoming South America Lolla spots.  Blink 182 just dropped out due to Travis Barker injury/surgery and TwentyOne Pilots are stepping in to headline last minute

I would guess yes, Perry is a friend and he would ask unless PJ has a policy of not playing South Africa or if the budget was too small for PJ.
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 150
    The 2014 run of shows was awesome and that was right after 2013 album and tour

The tour page says no scheduled shows but check back regularly that is almost sadistic if nothing happening this year that page was just updated after innings
  • Options
    devonfz said:
    The 2014 run of shows was awesome and that was right after 2013 album and tour

The tour page says no scheduled shows but check back regularly that is almost sadistic if nothing happening this year that page was just updated after innings
    Denver was spectacular. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,873
    edited March 2023
    I wonder what the page said before Innings was announced. 

I feel like the same thing happened last year prior to the resched announcement did it not? Or maybe this is just the default when nothing official has been announced. 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    PJNB said:
    I wonder what the page said before Innings was announced. 

I feel like the same thing happened last year prior to the resched announcement did it not? Or maybe this is just the default when nothing official has been announced. 
    That is the default "no shows" message

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 888
    JojoRice said:
    Lolla is early August.  When do they normally announce their lineup? 
    Mid to late March 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 888
    JojoRice said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    I concur.  The rain even seemed to add to it! 
    I learned from experience in 2013, so the rain delay in 2018 got me a way better spot in GA. So, no complaints from me lol 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,051
    edited March 2023
    Makes me wanna see a show at Fenway even more now!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfEy5lmgxkB/?igshid=MWMzM2Q4ZmE=
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,172
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    Yeah, Chicago has had it hard with Pearl Jam and weather over the years. 
    It will definitely be better at a venue that was built for concerts and not a venue built for baseball in 1900. Probably 15k on the field alone they were looking out for. I will definitely be traveling for Northerly and already booked hotels!
    I wouldn't call Northerly a "venue that was built for concerts." Yeah, they slapped it together to have concerts there. But IMO, it's one of the worst venues to see a show. A lot of ppl avoid it like the plague. I honestly have a hard time imagining PJ playing there.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No good?
    Yeah, Chicago has had it hard with Pearl Jam and weather over the years. 
    It will definitely be better at a venue that was built for concerts and not a venue built for baseball in 1900. Probably 15k on the field alone they were looking out for. I will definitely be traveling for Northerly and already booked hotels!
    I wouldn't call Northerly a "venue that was built for concerts." Yeah, they slapped it together to have concerts there. But IMO, it's one of the worst venues to see a show. A lot of ppl avoid it like the plague. I honestly have a hard time imagining PJ playing there.
    Yeah, Northerly isn't the worst but it definitely isn't great. The worst still has to be Tinley Park. Tinley is crap-tastic, and only seems to get worse with every "improvement" or update.