Democrats

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I remember back in school, we were told not to make fun of the "special kids" in the "special room."

Several years later.
    Aaaannd..here we are again. 

FJB
    telling you had to be told that. I just...knew. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Why is it when a Black man is a republican married to a white women, it brings out the worse racists in the left? You left are disgusting racists
    someone tag me when this 2 watt light bulb starts to make a lick of sense. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    edited January 2023
    Why is it when a Black man is a republican married to a white women, it brings out the worse racists in the left? You left are disgusting racists
    I'm not in the habit of reporting people, but I do wonder how this person been allowed to keep their posting privileges.

Most, if not all their posts are blatantly trolling. 
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    In what world is this a coherent statement? 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    benjs said:
    Magaworld
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    benjs said:
    Magaworld
    We need an interpreter service. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I'm not in the habit of reporting people, but I do wonder how this person been allowed to keep their posting privileges.

I don't want to mention anyone specially here because we've been told numerous times not to talk about each other, so just generally speaking, for a thread that has as its focus something like this one- "Democrats"-  we always seem to end up with trolls who seem to thrive on pushing the limits.  Eventually they cross that line and are gone.  My Mind is thinking out loud of Time and how the clock is ticking.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

I don't want to mention anyone specially here because we've been told numerous times not to talk about each other, so just generally speaking, for a thread that has as its focus something like this one- "Democrats"-  we always seem to end up with trolls who seem to thrive on pushing the limits.  Eventually they cross that line and are gone.  My Mind is thinking out loud of Time and how the clock is ticking.
    Two years from today there'll be a swearing in of a new POTUS and we'd better hope that its not POOTWH or Deathsantis.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    brianlux said:

Two years from today there'll be a swearing in of a new POTUS and we'd better hope that its not POOTWH or Deathsantis.

If that happens, much as I don't care for the guy, I'm hitting up Musk for a couple of tickets to Mars.  Or maybe a whole bus load and we can all go!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    brianlux said:

Well that member literally attacked the president by expressing his or her desire to have an intimate relationship with Joe Biden, in the literal sense of the word.

to not be able to attack posters like that is an unfair practice of the forum, and that rule doesn’t address the rampant trolling from the right that is rampant here. FOOMMAT
    brianlux said:

Well that member literally attacked the president by expressing his or her desire to have an intimate relationship with Joe Biden, in the literal sense of the word.

to not be able to attack posters like that is an unfair practice of the forum, and that rule doesn’t address the rampant trolling from the right that is rampant here. FOOMMAT

Yeah, I can see your point.  Maybe state those concerns/ thoughts here:

And I will post a complaint about the frequency of posters using acronyms that I am clueless about.  :lol:

• seanwonseanwon Posts: 264
    brianlux said:

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Well, you left just love to destroy.

So I see you all made it to ATL for your special event. We'll treat it like RSD. Everyone share what they got. New TV? New shoes? Anyone able to roll a new washer across the street?

The stupid left. The irony and hypocrisy. So how'd this go down? Homeless nature lib shoots cop. Cop shoots back. Homeless nature lib dies. Libs burn cop cars and destroy earth. Lol!

Where's that poster trying to save the world his whole life? Your life efforts wiped out in one night by your own people. What a joke. 

Everything the left touches, turns to absolute shit. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Well, you left just love to destroy.

So I see you all made it to ATL for your special event. We'll treat it like RSD. Everyone share what they got. New TV? New shoes? Anyone able to roll a new washer across the street?

The stupid left. The irony and hypocrisy. So how'd this go down? Homeless nature lib shoots cop. Cop shoots back. Homeless nature lib dies. Libs burn cop cars and destroy earth. Lol!

Where's that poster trying to save the world his whole life? Your life efforts wiped out in one night by your own people. What a joke. 

🤡
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mrussel1 said:

You're such a weirdo.  Do you actually communicate this way in the real world?
    He probably only makes left turns 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129

lol.

good talk.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    I've heard this is how incels communicate on tinder as well. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408

Rep. Gallego announces bid for Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat
    By JONATHAN J. COOPER
    Today

PHOENIX (AP) — Democratic Rep. Ruben Gallego, a liberal firebrand and prominent Latino lawmaker, announced Monday he'll challenge independent U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema in 2024, becoming the first candidate to jump into the race and setting up a potential three-way contest.

Gallego said he'd fight for normal people struggling to make ends meet and losing faith in politicians. He said he and Sinema both come from “modest to poor means" but have taken different paths in Congress.

“I'm better for this job than Kyrsten Sinema because I haven’t forgotten where I came from,” Gallego told The Associated Press. “I think she clearly has forgotten where she came from. Instead of meeting with the people that need help, she meets with the people that are already powerful.”

Gallego, a 43-year-old military veteran first elected to Congress in 2014, had made no secret of his interest in challenging Sinema, a longtime rival in Arizona politics who has been a roadblock and irritant to Democrats during Joe Biden's presidency. She left the Democratic Party in December, registering as an independent and saying she doesn’t “fit well into a traditional party system.” She has not said whether she plans to run for a second term.

Although no Republican has entered the race, potential contenders include former gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake, former U.S. Senate candidate Blake Masters and Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb — all of whom are closely aligned with former President Donald Trump. Karrin Taylor Robson, a housing developer who lost to Lake in last year's primary, and former Gov. Doug Ducey are also possible contenders.

A three-way race, coupled with the risk that Sinema and the eventual Democratic nominee will split the vote, would complicate the party's already uphill battle to maintain control of the Senate in 2024. Democrats will be forced to defend 23 seats, including Sinema’s and two others held by independents, compared with just 10 seats for Republicans.

With tough and expensive races on the horizon, it remains unclear just how firmly the Democratic establishment and major donors will line up against Sinema, who has voted for most Democratic legislation even as she’s stood in the way of major priorities for the White House, congressional leaders and the progressive movement.

“I'm assuming that they will be with us because we are going to run the winning campaign, and because at the end of the day, if you look at where Arizonans are going to be, they’re going to be with us and not with her," Gallego told the AP.

A spokesperson for Sinema, Hannah Hurley, declined to comment on Gallego's announcement.

Gallego, an acerbic presence on social media who is quick to take down rivals from both parties, floated the idea of challenging Sinema to raise money last year and has for weeks been publicly assembling a team of advisers, hiring Democratic campaign veterans with experience working on tough swing-state Senate races in Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania.

He announced his campaign with an online video that shows him talking to veterans at an American Legion post in Guadalupe, a Latino and Indigenous community just outside Phoenix. He said his path from humble roots, beating the odds by getting accepted to Harvard University, motivates him to fight to preserve the American dream, first in the military and now in politics.

The son of immigrants from Mexico and Colombia, Gallego was raised in Chicago by a single mother, after his father was imprisoned for dealing drugs. He enlisted in the U.S. Marine Reserves while he was on a break from Harvard, where he struggled with culture shock. He wrote in a 2021 book, “They Called Us Lucky,” that he was asked to leave during his sophomore year, when he partied too much, his grades slipped and he broke unspecified rules. He was later allowed to return.

He fought in Iraq in 2005 in a unit that sustained heavy casualties, including the death of his best friend, and he struggled with post-traumatic stress disorder after returning. He moved to Arizona to join his Harvard girlfriend, who had become active in Democratic politics in the state. The couple married in 2010 and divorced in 2017, a month before their son was born. His ex-wife, Kate Gallego, is now the mayor of Phoenix.

Gallego was elected in 2010 to the state Legislature, where Sinema also served for one of his two terms. In 2014, he won a bitter congressional primary, toppling a dynastic figure in the Phoenix Latino community. He's giving up a safe Democratic seat in Congress, a district that includes the Black and Latino neighborhoods of south and west Phoenix.

In Congress, he has focused on veterans and military issues.

Sinema has modeled her political approach on the maverick style of the late Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona, who alienated the grassroots of his party by sometimes crossing the aisle to work with Democrats. She's become a fierce advocate of bipartisan compromise in an era when extreme partisanship has made it much more difficult.

She has been at the center of many of the biggest congressional deals of Biden's presidency, from a big, bipartisan infrastructure package to a landmark bill to legally protect same-sex marriages. But she's also become estranged from many Democrats, who blame her for voting down progressive priorities like a minimum wage hike and watering down others, like Biden's big social spending initiatives. She single-handedly thwarted Democrats' longtime goal of raising taxes on wealthy investors.

Her support for maintaining the filibuster, a Senate rule requiring 60 of 100 votes to pass most legislation, has made her a pariah among Democrats, who need Republican support to pass most bills despite controlling a majority of seats. The tension reached a head in 2021, when Democrats tried and failed to pass voting rights legislation.

Sinema doubled down on her position last week, telling global elites in Davos, Switzerland, that democracy didn't collapse in the 2022 election despite her support for the filibuster.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

Paint your face, clown. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

• edited January 2023
    America, you're already better off. 

Good start in the house. Removing these 3 POS from committees is a great start.

Pencil neck schiff, fang fang swallow and brother lover omar GTFO

These dems are worthless trash.

Schiff looks like a furby

Post edited by Out of My Mind and Time on
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    edited January 2023

This reminds me of my mental calculus before deciding on a politician to vote for.

1. Does said individual look like a furby?
    2. What is the level of girth of said individual's neck? (This is of particular importance for those lacking girth)
    3. What slanderous unproven and unverifiable Fox News rumours exist about said person?

Republicans - believing and disbelieving based on what truly matters.

Edit: "brother lover omar"? Based on rumours two years old and never verified? I could call you a sister-fucker right now and have an equal amount of evidence. Should I?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

chinese-happy.jpg

https://tenor.com/view/intensifies-stress-intensifiesintensifies-gif-23815569
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

benjs said:

This reminds me of my mental calculus before deciding on a politician to vote for.

2. What is the level of girth of said individual's neck? (This is of particular importance for those lacking girth)
    3. What slanderous unproven and unverifiable Fox News rumours exist about said person?

Edit: "brother lover omar"? Based on rumours two years old and never verified? I could call you a sister-fucker right now and have an equal amount of evidence. Should I?
    its gonna be funny when those 3 end up back on their committees.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited January 2023
    benjs said:

Is that gonna happen before the next election though?  So much tit for tatting in the government.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    benjs said:

Is that gonna happen before the next election though?  So much tit for tatting in the government.
    Remember Moscow Mitch when he stated “ Our number one mission is to block every legislative proposal from Obama administration including blocking Garland! I’d say that’s a good starting point 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

Insane...here is a perfect example of how the GOP works. They create this false outrage over an issue that isn't an issue and they waste everyone's time trying to pass local legislation to address the non-existent problem.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

😂😂😂 You go around talking like this all the time? With all your MAGA friends that must be a blast