Elon Musk

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Who, in their right mind, would want to go work for that asshole?
    Shit, I'd do it.  You'd just need an airtight comp package.  
    You couldn’t pay me enough. Everyone has their price, I suppose.
    So you wouldn't run Tesla either?  I would.  Although I would have them make naturally aspirated V8s.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    So you wouldn't run Tesla either?  I would.  Although I would have them make naturally aspirated V8s.  
    No. I would not work for that asshole. At Tesla or SpaceX or anywhere he had a role.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. I would not work for that asshole. At Tesla or SpaceX or anywhere he had a role.
    Yeah screw that no way would I work for any company with his name attached to it! And I’ll never by a Tesla 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Musk wants to own the libs but he's finding out that there are consequences for alienating at least 55% of the population. Which is a sign of his ignorance and narcissism.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    Musk wants to own the libs but he's finding out that there are consequences for alienating at least 55% of the population. Which is a sign of his ignorance and narcissism.
    On the other hand, he's addicted to the constant validation he receives from from MAGA every time he does it. Such a quandry.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    On the other hand, he's addicted to the constant validation he receives from from MAGA every time he does it. Such a quandry.
    Reminds me of another piece of shit human being...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    tesla stock is in the toilet. it is finally a real life stonk.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Tesla 65% down. It was way overvalued, but that is a huge decline. His Twitter losses seem tiny next to that.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

US probing automated driving system use in 2 Tesla crashes
    By TOM KRISHER
    Today

The U.S. government’s highway safety agency said Thursday it will send teams to investigate two November crashes in California and Ohio involving Teslas that may have been operating on automated driving systems.

The probes bring to 35 the number of crashes investigated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration since 2016 in which either Tesla's “Full Self-Driving” or “Autopilot” systems likely were in use. Nineteen people were killed in the crashes.

The California crash occurred on Thanksgiving Day involving eight vehicles on the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. The driver told authorities that the Tesla Model S was using the company's “Full Self-Driving” software, according to Highway Patrol report obtained by CNN.

The Ohio crash happened Nov. 18 near Toledo, when a Tesla Model 3 crashed into an Ohio Highway Patrol SUV stopped on a roadway with its emergency lights flashing.

A message was left Thursday seeking comment from Tesla on the latest NHTSA action. The company based in Austin, Texas, has disbanded its media relations department.

The agency said Thursday that it sent the team to the California crash after gathering information from law enforcement officers and Tesla.

The eight-vehicle crash happened about noon, closing two lanes and clogging traffic on the holiday. Nine people were treated for minor injuries including a child who was hospitalized, according to CNN, which got a copy of the crash report through a public records request.

The Tesla Model S driver reportedly told the California Highway Patrol that the company's “Full Self-Driving” system was operating when the crash occurred, and that it braked unexpectedly while traveling at 55 miles per hour (88.5 kilometers per hour). The Model S shifted into the far left lane, then braked to 20 mph, causing the pileup, CNN said the report stated.

In the crash near Toledo, an Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper and another motorist were injured when a Tesla Model 3 struck the rear of the police SUV parked on a road with its emergency lights flashing.

The Toledo Blade reported that the highway patrol report didn't address whether any automated systems were operating.

NHTSA has been investigating Tesla automated systems for 6 1/2 years without taking enforcement action.

Michael Brooks, executive director of the nonprofit Center for Auto Safety, a watchdog group, said it's long past time for the agency to seek a recall.

“The question is what’s the threshold number of injuries and deaths and cars driving stupidly that we have to see before NHTSA finds that there's some sort of defect in these cars?” Brooks asked.

He said NHTSA has only published information on one of the Tesla crash investigations and called on the agency to be more transparent.

A message was left for a NHTSA spokeswoman seeking comment on the length of the investigations.

In addition to the crash investigation teams, NHTSA already has two formal investigations open into Tesla’s advanced driver assistance systems. One involves complaints that the vehicles brake unexpectedly for no reason, and the other stems from crashes into emergency vehicles parked on roadways with lights flashing.

NHTSA hasn’t made public any enforcement actions on either probe. The agency also has ordered automakers and tech companies to report crashes involving automated systems.

In the “phantom braking” investigation, the agency said that more than 750 Tesla owners have complained that cars operating on the partially automated driving systems have suddenly stopped on roadways for no apparent reason.

In opening the probe, the agency said it was looking into vehicles equipped with automated driver-assist features such as adaptive cruise control and “Autopilot,” which allows them to automatically brake and steer within their lanes.

“Complainants report that the rapid deceleration can occur without warning, and often repeatedly during a single drive cycle,” the agency said.

Many owners wrote in their complaints that they feared a rear-end crash on a freeway.

Although Tesla calls one of its systems “Full Self Driving,” even CEO Elon Musk concedes that it's not ready to drive itself. The other system, called “Autopilot,” keeps a car centered in its lane and a distance away from vehicles in front of it. In both cases Tesla says these are driver-assist systems and that drivers must be ready to intervene at all times.

Critics say humans become too reliant on the systems when they're not capable of handling all situations.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    elon thinskin has shadowbanned rex chapman on twitter tonight. cannot find him via search. i have followed him for years and somehow i unfollowed him and had to follow him again.

fuck musk and fuck tesla and fuck twitter. i love watching it all burn.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

billionaire businessman apparently sucks at business. at what point can we call tesla a stonk?

Let’s not forget Tesla needed govt help for years.  I think they have sold over 6billion in govt credits which more than one year was the difference between profit and loss.  

And SpaceX is a govt contractor.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I'm glad I sold when I did
    bets on breaking 100?

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mrussel1 said:
    Let’s not forget Tesla needed govt help for years.  I think they have sold over 6billion in govt credits which more than one year was the difference between profit and loss.  

Which makes his political beliefs, hidden for years, all the more hysterical

Not only are his companies reliant on big government, his main product for sale to the public is targeted towards believers in climate crisis. On Reddit lately, his name and goodwill is toast on the climate forums.
    mrussel1 said:

Which makes his political beliefs, hidden for years, all the more hysterical

Not only are his companies reliant on big government, his main product for sale to the public is targeted towards believers in climate crisis. On Reddit lately, his name and goodwill is toast on the climate forums.
    i learned that when someone shows you who they really are, believe them. then spend money accordingly.

Davos organizers: Musk wasn't invited despite what he says
    By JAMEY KEATEN
    Today

DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — The World Economic Forum says billionaire Elon Musk wasn't on the guest list for the annual meeting of business executives, global leaders and cultural trend-setters in Davos, Switzerland — despite what the Twitter owner claims.

Notables from European Union chief Ursula von der Leyen to actor Idris Elba are gathering in the ritzy Alpine town this week to talk about global issues ranging from war to climate change and technology's effects on security.

continues....

• TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Or it's a sign that he values Free Speech. I guess you guys haven't heard of the Twitter Files. 
    TJ25487 said:
    Or it's a sign that he values Free Speech. I guess you guys haven't heard of the Twitter Files. 
    Dude,  you're kidding.  The Twitter files told you what the liberals already knew.. that the Patriot Act was powerful and invasive. Glad you've joined this millennium.  Other than that,  it's nothing.  

But i would love to hear your hot take on what the most damning thing you've learned that you didn't know.  

Also,  if you think Musk values free speech more than his net worth,  then you're really naive. 
    TJ25487 said:
    Yeah he values it so much he bans reporters

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    TJ25487 said:
    lol 
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Dude,  you're kidding.  The Twitter files told you what the liberals already knew.. that the Patriot Act was powerful and invasive. Glad you've joined this millennium.  Other than that,  it's nothing.  

But i would love to hear your hot take on what the most damning thing you've learned that you didn't know.  

Also,  if you think Musk values free speech more than his net worth,  then you're really naive. 
    So it looks like the answer is no. You didn't read them. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    TJ25487 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:

What was your takeaway after reading them? 
    TJ25487 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:

Did i read them directly? No,  because they were only provided to a few independent journalists.  How did you get possession of them?
    "if they did not have the hunter biden dick pics i do not want to read them."

majority of republicans on twitter after the first fizzled twitter files dropped.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384

majority of republicans on twitter after the first fizzled twitter files dropped.
    It's pretty amazing how upset people got over not being able to see Hunter's junk. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    why are so many conservatives so fucking stupid about free speech? boggles the mind. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited January 2023
    why are so many conservatives so fucking stupid about free speech? boggles the mind. 
    They're also outraged over M&M's becoming less sexy and think the government is going to take their ovens. So...I mean, there's no making sense of anything at this point. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

It's pretty amazing how upset people got over not being able to see Hunter's junk. 
    i know. it was crazy!