Options

Elon Musk

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    It's curious why right wing news (Fox, etc.) aren't reporting about Musk being in China and being praised by State media, also visiting his Shanghai factory.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/musk-china-politics-tesla-twitter-rcna87378
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    mrussel1 said:
    It's curious why right wing news (Fox, etc.) aren't reporting about Musk being in China and being praised by State media, also visiting his Shanghai factory.  

For the same reasons they don't criticize trump or his kids for their business dealings w/ china. 

It's only bad when it's a lib or democrat. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

For the same reasons they don't criticize trump or his kids for their business dealings w/ china. 

I didn't realize that was a thing
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Actually the next several months will be very interesting between Fox and Musk.  Fox spent the last year hyping Musk and posting positive stories, but now it looks like he's trying to enter Fox's turf, starting with the DeSantis launch and then of course with the news of a Twitter show for Carlson.  But Fox squashed that by seizing all of Carlson's equipment and publicly reminding him of his contract.  So there may be an actual split afoot.  But if so, they missed this opportunity to hammer Musk about China.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Actually the next several months will be very interesting between Fox and Musk.  Fox spent the last year hyping Musk and posting positive stories, but now it looks like he's trying to enter Fox's turf, starting with the DeSantis launch and then of course with the news of a Twitter show for Carlson.  But Fox squashed that by seizing all of Carlson's equipment and publicly reminding him of his contract.  So there may be an actual split afoot.  But if so, they missed this opportunity to hammer Musk about China.  
    I guess I just haven't viewed Musk as being a rival to or target for Fox. 

Seeing what he's done w/ twitter and they way he amplifies a lot of RW talking points, he strikes me as more of an ally of theirs, but you do bring up good points about Desantis & Carlson. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Seeing what he's done w/ twitter and they way he amplifies a lot of RW talking points, he strikes me as more of an ally of theirs, but you do bring up good points about Desantis & Carlson. 
    They are allies until their monetary interests conflict.  And they are getting ready to conflict if Musk is going to try and grow this "Twitter Spaces" thing.  Fox immediately trolled them with their headlines.  Here's a good summary from the Hill  

https://thehill.com/homenews/4019864-fox-news-trolls-elon-musk-desantis-with-banner-amateur-hour-headline/
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

They are allies until their monetary interests conflict.  And they are getting ready to conflict if Musk is going to try and grow this "Twitter Spaces" thing.  Fox immediately trolled them with their headlines.  Here's a good summary from the Hill  

https://thehill.com/homenews/4019864-fox-news-trolls-elon-musk-desantis-with-banner-amateur-hour-headline/
    Good point (& article).
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I'm curious what Matt Taibbi will have to say about this
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking ability knew this was the case coming out of those hearings.  You'd have to be stupid otherwise. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking ability knew this was the case coming out of those hearings.  You'd have to be stupid otherwise. 
    Correct. It was pretty apparent from the get go.

Gern Blansten said:
    Something tells me it won't be much. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    i'm not. i muted that fucker months ago.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

• Options
    You could see this coming...
  • Options
    can they both lose? because i want them both to lose.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    If Fox wins, we all win.  That means no Tucker until after the 2024 election.  So in this case, I think our interests are aligned.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    If Fox wins, we all win.  That means no Tucker until after the 2024 election.  So in this case, I think our interests are aligned.  
    good point.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    lol 23 million people signed up for threads yesterday. this is why musk is concerned. i'd consider it if it were the twitter killer people are saying it might be.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    lol 23 million people signed up for threads yesterday. this is why musk is concerned. i'd consider it if it were the twitter killer people are saying it might be.

yeah the hold back is. Fuckerburgs insatiable need for data.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Pick your poison.  Would you rather a weirdo have your data, or a pos shit troll?  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Pick your poison.  Would you rather a weirdo have your data, or a pos shit troll?  

access to good info from a variety of sources.....

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

fuck the troll. i'd go with the weirdo. everybody's data is already out there so what more can he get at this point?

the only reason i go to twitter now is because mickey posts tweets here that i am compelled to click on. sometimes by doing that i find something worth posting here, but i have decided to stop amplifying musk's platform.