The Food Thread

Comments

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Get_Right said:
    I was just discussing this with the family. How do we not make a turkey? Kids said just make all the side dishes but not the turkey. Really? Hmm minimum size at the local farm for a fresh organic turkey is 15 lbs at $7/lb. Never done a ham for thanksgiving, but it could be a good option since I am not a fan of frozen supermarket turkeys. What to buy?
    Be creative and do what's best for you and your family. One year when I was young, my mom and aunt decided neither of them wanted to make a turkey for Thanksgiving. We had spaghetti and meatballs, hot dogs, and all the typical side dishes and desserts. It was fantastic, and we still talk about it today.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

I made honey Sriracha lime chicken wings in the air fryer. They came out great. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    GlowGirl said:

Those look delicious 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    GlowGirl said:

They look so good!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Yeah they look awesome 
    edited November 2022
    They were really good. The sauce was easy to make. I think it would also be good on other things as well. If anyone is interested, here is the recipe. You could also cook them in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. Just adjust the cooking time. It may have to cook longer in the oven. 

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Smash Burgers on tap for this evening. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Spiced biscotti with chocolate chips. Pre-holiday warm-up.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Talent^^very nice!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Spiced biscotti with chocolate chips. Pre-holiday warm-up.
    That’s amazing 

I made turkey meatloaf in muffin tins and topped them with scallion mashed potatoes. 
    Artistic. Nice!!
    GlowGirl said:

I made turkey meatloaf in muffin tins and topped them with scallion 
    Turkey soup with egg noodles really tasty 😋 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Screwing around with new pellet smoker/grill. Great results on first smoke @ 250. 
    Screwing around with new pellet smoker/grill. Great results on first smoke @ 250. 
    Nice I gotta get in on the smoking techniques! 
    It's fun and relatively easy. The results are amazing if your like that smokey flavor. I normally smoke with an electric Masterbuilt, but this pellet one is definitely my new go to.
    It's fun and relatively easy. The results are amazing if your like that smokey flavor. I normally smoke with an electric Masterbuilt, but this pellet one is definitely my new go to.
    Cool I’ll look into one I wanna smoke fish,eels, and everything else! Enjoy it
    Looks awesome. I love wings 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    GlowGirl said:

I'm not saying I've traveled long distances for wings before, but I've traveled long distances for wings before. 
    GlowGirl said:

I'm not saying I've traveled long distances for wings before, but I've traveled long distances for wings before. 
    Come on down. Throwing some on Saturday before I attempt smoking a prime rib.
    Taking a shot at this smoked prime rib recipe. ETA in a about 3.5 hours.

Wow! That looks great. Make sure to show us when it is done. BTW, that is your arm next to me in my avatar photo. I am sure you knew that :blush:
    GlowGirl said:

Wow! That looks great. Make sure to show us when it is done. BTW, that is your arm next to me in my avatar photo. I am sure you knew that :blush:
    I certainly will and I certainly did!
    edited December 2022
    Came out unreal. If any of you have been on the fence on whether to smoke a prime rib, do it. You wont be disappointed!
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Wow that looks bonkers good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    ^^Darn. I'm moving in.
    edited December 2022
    Loujoe said:
    ^^Darn. I'm moving in.
    If PJ plays Atlanta, shit is going off over here the night before haha. Come one, come all
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
    Came out unreal. If any of you have been on the fence on whether to smoke a prime rib, do it. You wont be disappointed!
    That looks amazing. I know you are enjoying that for sure. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Daaaaaamn bro 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......