Cancer, and me.

Comments

• hedonist said:
    I’m happy to go through it with another person. I’ve been getting guidance from my cousin, who’s riddled with cancer (does that fucker leave anyone alone?) and has done this form.
      I'm glad you have your cousin to talk it over with you. I wouldn't want to do it by myself. Paperwork and important decisions also never leaves anyone alone.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hey all, letting you know that I’ll be out of the hospital shortly and going home to hospice care. Just buying time now but no more treatment for the cancer itself. 

It’s been a true pleasure knowing you all and I really appreciate all you’ve done to boost me up when I needed it. Thank you 🙂
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Big love ❤️ to you.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    heartbroken for you and your dude.

in reading this, I wondered what Chad might have said. At a loss right now. Will cruise through his posts to come up with something. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    mickeyrat said:

in reading this, I wondered what Chad might have said. At a loss right now. Will cruise through his posts to come up with something. 
    I actually had a similar thought.  As long as people remember us fondly we remain here.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,707
    hedonist said:
    Hey all, letting you know that I’ll be out of the hospital shortly and going home to hospice care. Just buying time now but no more treatment for the cancer itself. 

It’s been a true pleasure knowing you all and I really appreciate all you’ve done to boost me up when I needed it. Thank you 🙂
    i have been thinking about you. I am at a loss for words right now. I can only hope that if I ever face this kind of adversity I will be able to handle it with as much grace and humor as you have. You are a true inspiration :hug:

mickeyrat said:

I actually had a similar thought.  As long as people remember us fondly we remain here.
    And, what Bill Hicks said: It’s just a ride.”

😅

(been a long day and I’m loopy)
  • hedonist said:

I was thinking about you recently and wondering how you are getting on. You've been so strong and brave.  I dont know what else to say apart from being completely gutted. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    hedonist said:

@hedonist

I haven’t been around in a while and I’m so saddened to hear your news. I, along with many others here, were hoping for a different outcome. I’m grateful that I have the opportunity to thank you for sharing your wit and humour over the years. 

For however much time you have left, and this goes for us all, I hope that you are surrounded by love and laughter.

Love and peace to you.

Selena xx 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Will you share you favorite song? Band?
    When I hear it or them I can be reminded of you.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,393
    edited October 2022
    I wanted to reach out recently as you haven't been too active... was obviously hoping for better news than this. 

I've enjoyed & appreciated our chats. Hope you & your man can find some comfort and do some good things with what you have left. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Tons of love your way.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    hedonist said:

I'm amazed at the grace you've exhibited while dealing with this. You are an inspiration, and this is such a cruel twist of fate life has dealt you. While still hoping for some kind of miracle, wishing you and Mr. Hedo peace and comfort through all of this.
    There isn't an emoji created that can adequately express my sadness.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:

I'm amazed at the grace you've exhibited while dealing with this. You are an inspiration, and this is such a cruel twist of fate life has dealt you. While still hoping for some kind of miracle, wishing you and Mr. Hedo peace and comfort through all of this.
    +1
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:

+2

Because I know Malroth, like myself, is going to be firmly in the holding out for a miracle camp. 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:

+2

Because I know Malroth, like myself, is going to be firmly in the holding out for a miracle camp. 
    +3

Lots of love to you
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I haven't been able to comment as this type of journey is way out of my depth.

All my best to you and yours.  It has been great interacting here and sharing various mutual interests.  Hoping for many more interactions.  
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:

+2

Joyful Andy GIF - Dramactic Rain Happiness - Discover

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Jedi... ❤️

Our arms are around you, hugging you tight. So much love. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    I‘m so sorry to read your news, Hedo! Make the most out of your time with your loved ones!! ❤️
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    hedonist said:

Oh, man. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were. Sending love to you. -Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Gosh you all are as amazing as you you claim I am 🙂

mickey, tough question! I would say Puscifer’s Dear Brother. I’m sure it’ll change as time passes. 
    edited October 2022
    hedonist said:
    Gosh you all are as amazing as you you claim I am 🙂

mickey, tough question! I would say Puscifer’s Dear Brother. I’m sure it’ll change as time passes. 

keep em coming then.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

Our mutual appreciation for Carina will make it hard NOT to think of you when listening… You’re the only person I’ve come across who appreciates her as much as I do. ❤️
    edited October 2022
    Love it, Merk. You and my husband, for me. 

It’s surreal knowing I may not be able to hear her very soon ☹️
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    That would be surreal, hedo. If you want to talk about it, we're here to listen. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I am really sorry to have to let everyone know that Hedo died this afternoon with her husband Dan, the love of her life, by her side. 

Dan and I had a conversation this morning and he asked if I would be willing to let everyone here know when the time came, as he is not on the forum. I agreed but I had no idea that it would be so soon. 

People may wish to make a donation to an animal shelter or pit bull rescue in Hedo's name, if you want to honour her in that way.

Listen to some Puscifer this evening and think about our amazing, funny, fierce, and loyal Hedo. Goodbye for now. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Peace to all, hug your loved ones.
    wel fuck.

I’m so sorry, Dan.