#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited September 2022
    TJ25487 said:
    I'm going to qualify this thread once and for all. 

Who here doesn't think Biden needs to take a cognitive exam? 

I think they all should, publicly available by a government doctor. Same as releasing taxes for conflicts of interest etc. That should also include proper diagnosing of any and all mental conditions.  It’s a public job so if you hide behind privacy, don’t run 

you know full well it’s a no win situation for Biden when trump just makes shit up so why would he.  Trumps personal doctor said he was the fittest president ever… umm no.  

they have the nuclear launch authority so that’s not even partisan 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    TJ25487 said:
    I bet Biden could remember a lot more than just person woman man camera tv. 
     . Not to talk about Trump because this is not his thread but did you ever see Melania standing side stage at almost every event he speaks at, ushering him around like he was a toddler? "Come on man!" 
    Last place she ever wants to be is by Donald's side.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Poncier said:
    TJ25487 said:
     . Not to talk about Trump because this is not his thread but did you ever see Melania standing side stage at almost every event he speaks at, ushering him around like he was a toddler? "Come on man!" 

I can explain this instance. Melania just found out about the Russian Pee Pee tapes! Can't blame her for being mad. 
  • TJ25487 said:
    Poncier said:
    TJ25487 said:

I can explain this instance. Melania just found out about the Russian Pee Pee tapes! Can't blame her for being mad. 
    Just found out? She had just watched them. On repeat while POOTWH tried to explain them away.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited October 2022
    That’s awesome.

Reminds me that Clinton was “unfit for office” too based on  morality.  Then they excused every single moral shortcoming of Trump.  He is Clinton times 100 in that area. The line of women he’s assaulted or been just plain gross to stretches around the block. 

the problem with conservatives is any of this only applies as a justification to be used against democrats, never themselves. 

Then “he lied” was what they tried to get him on… again Trump is 100 times worse (conservatively, as it’s probably a higher multiplier)

Let’s also not forget that trump didn’t understand injecting yourself with bleach wouldn’t help you treat covid.  

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.” DJT

i kind of think dementia is running rampant through the  GOP. They can’t seem to remember any of this 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    TJ25487 said:
    Hugh, no offense but if you think Biden can remember his name without him seeing it on the teleprompter you are mistaken. I do have to give you guys a little bit of a pass with all the state run media that you watch which won't show Sleepy Joe's gaffes etc. Not to talk about Trump because this is not his thread but did you ever see Melania standing side stage at almost every event he speaks at, ushering him around like he was a toddler? "Come on man!" 
    dude, I've seen him discuss global policy with other world leaders with ease and without any prepared statements or teleprompters. all Trump could say was things like a kindergartner would say "he's a great guy" or "he's a really bad guy, really really bad". he had no fucking clue about any of it. 

Biden has been gaffing since forever. it's funny you assume all of us watch "state run media". and that you call it that. what the fuck is fox news or america one?

I don't have cable. Haven't had it in over a decade. So, no. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    TJ25487 said:
    Hugh, no offense but if you think Biden can remember his name without him seeing it on the teleprompter you are mistaken. I do have to give you guys a little bit of a pass with all the state run media that you watch which won't show Sleepy Joe's gaffes etc. Not to talk about Trump because this is not his thread but did you ever see Melania standing side stage at almost every event he speaks at, ushering him around like he was a toddler? "Come on man!" 
    dude, I've seen him discuss global policy with other world leaders with ease and without any prepared statements or teleprompters. all Trump could say was things like a kindergartner would say "he's a great guy" or "he's a really bad guy, really really bad". he had no fucking clue about any of it. 

Biden has been gaffing since forever. it's funny you assume all of us watch "state run media". and that you call it that. what the fuck is fox news or america one?

exactly...anyone who is honest would have to say that he does just fine. Yes he has gaffes. Everyone does.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    TJ25487 said:

exactly...anyone who is honest would have to say that he does just fine. Yes he has gaffes. Everyone does.
    I don't think "just fine" is the way we should describe it.  People will have gaffes no question, but some of his gaffes are a little out there.   I'm sure the brain slows down over time, so a 60 year old president's brain may recall quicker that someone had died a few months back and won't be in the audience before you blurt something out.   
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    TJ25487 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Yes let's try and keep this thread about Biden. Let me allude to a recent, telling quote from the Grand Master Gaffe Machine himself.

"Jackie?, Where's Jackie?, Are you here Jackie?"
    Impeach Brandon now!
    lol TJ, we stopped talking about riots/fascism threat in this topic and it laid dormant for nine days!
    Yes but the ghost of Jackie lives on. Ignoring it won't make it go away. 
    That's all you got? 

I'll take a gaffe over a traitor who gives aid and comfort to our strategic allies every day of the week.  Your moral compass is broken. 
    I would think giving aid and comfort to your strategic allies is better than giving it to your enemies? I could be wrong. 
    Ha touche. But you know I mean enemies.  I'm curious whether you agree with Trump continued moral support of our enemies.  
    TJ25487 said:

I don't think "just fine" is the way we should describe it.  People will have gaffes no question, but some of his gaffes are a little out there.   I'm sure the brain slows down over time, so a 60 year old president's brain may recall quicker that someone had died a few months back and won't be in the audience before you blurt something out.   
    He clearly wasn't connecting that name...should he have remembered? Of course. Not sure how his remarks weren't prepared and wouldn't have included some sort of remembrance for her. For fucks sake tRump made remarks that suggested Frederick Douglass was still alive.

But still...other than obvious gaffes that everyone has you can't tell me that Biden doesn't have the mental capacity. I've seen him talk enough with no teleprompters to know that.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited October 2022
    TJ25487 said:

Biden and Trump were in high school at the same time 

certainly you slow down with age. Selectively being bothered by that makes no sense.  All of this is in the context of Biden isn’t ok but trump somehow is based of gaffes and age.  The amount of stuff Trump says that  needs to explained away is way, way more 

none of this is based on any medical diagnosis it’s based on saying dumb stuff. I fail to see how it’s even remotely comparable 

biden also has a stutter, always has. when you are focusing on the words coming out right, I would imagine you are focused less on what you are saying. It’s like doing two things at once constantly.  Your mistake (gaffe) rate has to be higher statistically but Biden’s is still lower than Trump’s. So what does that say?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    TJ25487 said:

Biden and Trump were in high school at the same time 

certainly you slow down with age. Selectively being bothered by that makes no sense.  All of this is in the context of Biden isn’t ok but trump somehow is based of gaffes and age.  The amount of stuff Trump says that  needs to explained away is way, way more 

none of this is based on any medical diagnosis it’s based on saying dumb stuff. I fail to see how it’s even remotely comparable 
    Yup
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    It really sucks that Trump has now become the benchmark.... if better than trump it's all ok....really low bar.
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited October 2022
    It really sucks that Trump has now become the benchmark.... if better than trump it's all ok....really low bar.
    The bar is there only because republicans are making half a comparison. If you want to talk about it, talk about it in whole 

I’d rather be talking about a gaffe or someone wearing a tan suit though, that means there isn’t any siding with Russia over our own intelligence agencies or blaming California for fires that started largely on federal land and threatening to withhold aid because the governor is mean or any throwing paper towel rolls at Puerto Ricans going on

ill take that as a win 

There is literally no conversation happening about what the objective benchmark should be for everyone in all aspects of mental stability. It’s more like a set up for justifying why someone doesn’t want the guy to be president in the first place.  You can’t have a bar when you just move it when it doesn’t suit 
    it hasn't. it's all just response to the hypocrisy of the right complaining about biden not being mentally competent all the while claiming trump was a genius. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yeah and I do hate to always compare to tRump but I don't know what else to do.

I like Biden but I think Buttigieg and/or Gavin Newsom should run in 2024. I'm not impressed with Harris at all. Prior to the election I thought she was good...I just don't see it now.

And for GOP hypocrisy look no further than the hurricane response. Those fucking assholes that voted against hurricane relief when it hit blue states sure are begging for aid right now.

I like Biden but I think Buttigieg and/or Gavin Newsom should run in 2024. I'm not impressed with Harris at all. Prior to the election I thought she was good...I just don't see it now.

And for GOP hypocrisy look no further than the hurricane response. Those fucking assholes that voted against hurricane relief when it hit blue states sure are begging for aid right now.
    I am actually pretty shocked at just how little I think of Harris nowadays.  

Regarding the recent gaffe...this one really is one of the cringy/funny gaffes and nothing to get all crazy about.  But I am on record of not really being a Joe fan...and thinking his age is definitely a negative for the job as president.  

I am not a big fan of the Dems for sure, but dammit they need to make sure Trump or DeSantis aren't the next president.  Whatever it takes if it's against trump...
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited October 2022

That’s where I’m at. I was on team Pete from the beginning. 

However if trump runs it’s got to be Biden, he has the most clear shot at winning as it’s just a rematch and Biden plays better in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania than most democrats. If it’s DeSantis it could be any of them and it’ll be close but it’ll be a different map potentially 

but that’s why the electoral college is stupid. You are preferring the candidate who can win 2-3 states. That’s really the only calculation as they win the others anyway for the most part.  So who wins those states is the best candidate 
  • Yeah and I do hate to always compare to tRump but I don't know what else to do.

Regarding the recent gaffe...this one really is one of the cringy/funny gaffes and nothing to get all crazy about.  But I am on record of not really being a Joe fan...and thinking his age is definitely a negative for the job as president.  

I am not a big fan of the Dems for sure, but dammit they need to make sure Trump or DeSantis aren't the next president.  Whatever it takes if it's against trump...
    Why is that a dem responsibility? You repubs oughta clean house and get off the crazy train.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©

Why is that a dem responsibility? You repubs oughta clean house and get off the crazy train.
    Huh?  Why is what a Dem responsibility? 
    hippiemom = goodness

making sure tRump/DeSantis aren't the next president....maybe the GOP should make sure of that to begin with is the point

That’s where I’m at. I was on team Pete from the beginning. 

However if trump runs it’s got to be Biden, he has the most clear shot at winning as it’s just a rematch and Biden plays better in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania than most democrats. If it’s DeSantis it could be any of them and it’ll be close but it’ll be a different map potentially 

but that’s why the electoral college is stupid. You are preferring the candidate who can win 2-3 states. That’s really the only calculation as they win the others anyway for the most part.  So who wins those states is the best candidate 
    agreed...the whole idea of the EC was to prevent a candidate (pre-TV, pre-telephone, pre-instant news) from making promises to a select few states in order to lock in the election.

That failsafe has been morphed into the minority party getting their way two times now.

The EC isn't necessary in today's internet/instant news era. Makes no sense.

edited October 2022

making sure tRump/DeSantis aren't the next president....maybe the GOP should make sure of that to begin with is the point
    If I was an actual Republican I’d be pissed 

you know if I was a defense hawk, free trade, hands off private business, rule of law, separation of powers, America’s role is being a world leader republican. It would be too much to handle. 

That was the Republican Party until 6 years ago. Where did they go? Deferring to Billy bob in a maga hat apparently 

trump is in no way a “Republican” let’s get that straight.  He added a bunch of nuts to the party to get enough numbers to win now the inmates are running the asylum. 

The vast majority of anyone Trump handpicked and initially hyped as the best ever for any key role in his administration also now thinks he’s unfit for office. These people are in a position to know.  Either trump’s decision making selecting people is seriously lacking or they are right. Either way it doesn’t play well to Trumps mental capacity as that’s on him either way

This is absurd the GOP can’t clean its own house. It’s not like they don’t know.  They pretend they don’t but they know. DeSantis is trump with a brain. Still unfit and not really a sensible alternative 
  • Yeah and I do hate to always compare to tRump but I don't know what else to do.

I didn’t think it’d have to be spelled out for you. But here we are.

Brilliantati©

and THIS is how an adult responds to a question. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    edited October 2022

and THIS is how an adult responds to a question. 
    It goes much deeper than that but I’m not going to waste MY time. And I thought the second half of my statement made it obvious. Apparently not.

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    it hasn't. it's all just response to the hypocrisy of the right complaining about biden not being mentally competent all the while claiming trump was a genius. 
    mayhaps the right would believe biden if he repeatedly called himself a "very stable genius" in public?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130

lol some of the republicans now asking for aid fucking voted against it. i am assuming to pwn the libs. idiots.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."