Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I saw a hummingbird moth.
     Amazing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

Was watching some kids feed ducks and swans in Prague when suddenly this thing swims up and climbs to shore. Freaked me out. At first I thought it was a beaver but I guess it is a Nutria AKA swamp rat. 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Nope.
    Rous GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    edited August 2022
    was in Canada for my twice a year AA retreat/conference(so glad to be back).

This guy had taken up residence since we had been gone.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    GlowGirl said:

Was watching some kids feed ducks and swans in Prague when suddenly this thing swims up and climbs to shore. Freaked me out. At first I thought it was a beaver but I guess it is a Nutria AKA swamp rat. 

My best fren, he shoots water rats n feeds em to his keeeds
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    mickeyrat said:
    was in Canada for my twice a year AA retreat/conference(so glad to be back).

This guy had taken up residence since we had been gone.....

Sweet!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    edited August 2022
    Found this in my pool this morning, must have been a long night at sea lol
    Post edited by BLACK35 on
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    BLACK35 said:
    Poor little guy. Rough night I'm sure!

edited August 2022
     I bet we have all had a few  nights  like that!
    Long and grim. Sleeping outside in the queue in leeds felt like that in the rain.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2022
    I saw a little hedgehog cross the road, luckily the car stopped and the lil fella made it safely into a neighbour's front garden. I knocked to make sure the neighbour would move it, so it wouldn't get run over!
    I saw a little hedgehog cross the road, luckily the car stopped and the lil fella made it safely into a neighbour's front garden. I knocked to make sure the neighbour would move it, so it wouldn't get run over!

Nice work, Dreamgirl!  Hedgehogs are so cool.  I saw them now and then the couple of years I live in western New York State.  Cute little fellas!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

We have been seeing one, two, sometimes even three or four of these stinkers (actually, amazingly, they have not been stinky and I don't know what's up with that) each evening on our walk along the walking trail.  They're cute, sure.  But what I want to have to avoid every day on our walk?  NO thank you!
    IMG

Wow 
     You have some cool animals compared to the u.k
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Wow 

Skunks are quite interesting to look at and they are mostly very tame and gentle.  Their only defense, of course, is there stinky spray.  A few people don't mind the smell, some tolerate it, and some strongly dislike it.  I'm way out on the "I can't stand it" end of the spectrum.  The smell really messes with my head.  I told my wife that if I ever got "skunked" (hit be skunk spray) I would have to kill myself.  I was actually semi-serious.  The mere thought of that happening terrifies me!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    Wow 

Skunks are quite interesting to look at and they are mostly very tame and gentle.  Their only defense, of course, is there stinky spray.  A few people don't mind the smell, some tolerate it, and some strongly dislike it.  I'm way out on the "I can't stand it" end of the spectrum.  The smell really messes with my head.  I told my wife that if I ever got "skunked" (hit be skunk spray) I would have to kill myself.  I was actually semi-serious.  The mere thought of that happening terrifies me!
    I told my wife that if one of our dogs ever gets sprayed, we’d just have to get a new dog to replace the sprayed one. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    Wow 

I told my wife that if one of our dogs ever gets sprayed, we’d just have to get a new dog to replace the sprayed one. 
    LOL Hope it does it happen!
    Some years before we met, my wife had a dog that got sprayed and it got in the house and ran around and rubbed it all over the furniture.  I'd of have to torch the whole damn house!

Loujoe said:

"Why, I could have sworn there was something growing in that clay pot for me to nibble on.  Where did it go?"

^^^True. Funny. I was eating a tomato basil sandwich. I'm pretty sure that's what she wanted.
    not in my backyard but found(and moved) at the fuel island at my work.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • What kind is it?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

What kind is it?

guess is an eastern garter or butlers garter

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    BLACK35 said:
    that's awesome! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

FiveBelow said:
    Nope.
    Rous GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    haha. Rodents of Unusual Size. I considered that as a band name back in the day. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2022
    Sharp-Shinned Hawk. Youngin I think.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    Coopers Hawk. Youngin I think.

Nice!  Looks like it's wearing a black cape or a short mohair sweater!

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

bit windy today. Was corrected though , its a Sharp-shinned Hawk. So very similar to a Cooper's but smaller in size.

mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

bit windy today. Was corrected though , its a Sharp-shinned Hawk. So very similar to a Cooper's but smaller in size.

Tis a beauty!

that's awesome mickey. would love to see animals like that around where I am. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD