• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thanks, both of you.

I’m not quite ready to say “hey” to the Grim Reaper just yet :wink:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    hedonist said:
    Thanks, both of you.

how about 'HEY!!! FUCK YOU!!!!"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    Thanks, both of you.

how about 'HEY!!! FUCK YOU!!!!"
    Ha! That, I would love to do. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    hedonist said:
    Had a meeting with my oncologist earlier and unfortunately, the cancer has metastasized to my lung, maybe to the bone as well.

As this is all puts me in stage 4, it makes no sense to go with a targeted treatment such as chemo (plus i’m not wasting precious time feeling like shit); same with radiation. Immunotherapy is the way to go without major side effects.

So that’s that; my head is, surprisingly, in a good place and I aim to keep it that way as long as I can 🙂

Oh Hedo, I'm so sorry that this is the news that you got. My heart goes out to you. I admire your attitude so much - stay strong sister.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:
    Had a meeting with my oncologist earlier and unfortunately, the cancer has metastasized to my lung, maybe to the bone as well.

As this is all puts me in stage 4, it makes no sense to go with a targeted treatment such as chemo (plus i’m not wasting precious time feeling like shit); same with radiation. Immunotherapy is the way to go without major side effects.

So that’s that; my head is, surprisingly, in a good place and I aim to keep it that way as long as I can 🙂

Oh Hedo, I'm so sorry that this is the news that you got. My heart goes out to you. I admire your attitude so much - stay strong sister.
    Thank you. I hate this news but had a sense. Damn you, gut feeling!

Doing my damnedest to keep courageous :)
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

Damnedest? You're the definition of courageous.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

😘
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

😘
    And you’ve got the golden touch, oh yea!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

😘
    And you’ve got the golden touch, oh yea!
    Queen Midas!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    hedonist said:

Don't come on this thread much because I dont like sad news and I come to this...

I have never met you, but I do feel like I know you.    The fentanyl comments made me circle back. I will be around to hear you.
    Yeah, it ain’t easy, tempo!

My first treatment was ho-hum; much like chemo in that they take blood/run labs prior, then an IV for half an hour. So far no effects!
    And I hear you on avoiding bad news. It’s best for some folks, for whatever reason. 

Hell, my own stepfather is a huge asshole, but even he couldn’t muster the balls to acknowledge it. It’s good, in a way — lets me know who not to waste time or energy on. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited August 2022
    hedonist said:

My first treatment was ho-hum; much like chemo in that they take blood/run labs prior, then an IV for half an hour. So far no effects!
    I am glad there are no bad effects. Let’s hope it stays that way and there will only be good effects of this treatment - such as kicking cancer’s ass. 
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

I am glad there are no bad effects. Let’s hope it stays that way and there will only be good effects of this treatment - such as kicking cancer’s ass. 
    I sure as hell hope so, though my understanding is that the treatment is more to prolong my life vs eradicating the cancer itself. Fucker’s inoperable! Just gotta make the most of, well…everything 🙂

(They say side effects typically kick in after a couple months so we’ll see by my next session!)
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

I sure as hell hope so, though my understanding is that the treatment is more to prolong my life vs eradicating the cancer itself. Fucker’s inoperable! Just gotta make the most of, well…everything 🙂

(They say side effects typically kick in after a couple months so we’ll see by my next session!)
    Maybe you'll be a ball of joy from it? /S  Sarcastic, lol?!?

I want to say that your strength in this is something else and I applaud that.
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Ha. I’ve definitely had my moments and I’m sure many will follow.  But, I’ve been mindful of keeping it mostly to myself.

Once I’m really at death’s door I may be wailing a different tune 😂
  • hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Ha. I’ve definitely had my moments and I’m sure many will follow.  But, I’ve been mindful of keeping it mostly to myself.

Oh my dear friend I can say you are truly courageous and know you can always reach out to me, I’ll be praying to the skies for better days for you! 🥲
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Oh my dear friend I can say you are truly courageous and know you can always reach out to me, I’ll be praying to the skies for better days for you! 🥲
    jose, thank you, bud 😘
    Has anyone done an advanced health care form? I’m finding it to be fairly daunting.

It also reminds me of that Seinfeld when Kramer has to decide if they should do lifesaving procedures on him or *BAM* just pull the plug 😛

hedonist said:
    Has anyone done an advanced health care form? I’m finding it to be fairly daunting.

It also reminds me of that Seinfeld when Kramer has to decide if they should do lifesaving procedures on him or *BAM* just pull the plug 😛

save the answers somehow for future, if needed...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

That’s what it’ll be used for — down the road and hopefully not for a while! But I need to have that all in place anyway, not just due to the cancer but also the possibility of my AVM (brain vein fuckup) deciding to get busy. 

Or, life just being life, in all its magnificence and unfairness  ;)
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

That’s what it’ll be used for — down the road and hopefully not for a while! But I need to have that all in place anyway, not just due to the cancer but also the possibility of my AVM (brain vein fuckup) deciding to get busy. 

Or, life just being life, in all its magnificence and unfairness  ;)

chaotic adventure you mean?

That’s life, right? 😛
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Hedo- I’ve been avoiding this thread since the beginning… Most of the time the topic frightens the crap out of me. November will be 21 years for me.

Reading through the thread tonight… my apologies for not reaching out sooner.  My heart aches for you, I hope this therapy is favorable and gives you continued hope.xxx Carol
    Renfield said:
    Hedo- I’ve been avoiding this thread since the beginning… Most of the time the topic frightens the crap out of me. November will be 21 years for me.

Reading through the thread tonight… my apologies for not reaching out sooner.  My heart aches for you, I hope this therapy is favorable and gives you continued hope.xxx Carol
    Carol, thank you so much. And 21 years! I hope to achieve even a portion of that.

PS — I understand the avoidance; done it myself so absolutely no need to apologize. Continued good health to you :) 
  • It's a really brave thing you're doing sharing your experiences with us, hedo. Hopefully, we can all learn to open up about this, because cancer is scary to us all, unless we're in complete denial.

I'll admit the post about the advanced health care form made me pause. I was writing responses and backspacing like crazy. Is it something you would rather work through with another person or would you rather do it by yourself?
    I’m happy to go through it with another person. I’ve been getting guidance from my cousin, who’s riddled with cancer (does that fucker leave anyone alone?) and has done this form.

And really, I’m happy to answer or talk about anything related to this. Other perspectives help and maybe it’ll lessen the fear a bit for someone else.

It’s really empowering to face a fear head-on. It has been for me, anyway. Maybe because I lived a life of avoidance and it was SO burdensome. That’s a valuable thing that has come out of all this…freedom  :)
    hedonist said:
    I’m happy to go through it with another person. I’ve been getting guidance from my cousin, who’s riddled with cancer (does that fucker leave anyone alone?) and has done this form.

And really, I’m happy to answer or talk about anything related to this. Other perspectives help and maybe it’ll lessen the fear a bit for someone else.

It’s really empowering to face a fear head-on. It has been for me, anyway. Maybe because I lived a life of avoidance and it was SO burdensome. That’s a valuable thing that has come out of all this…freedom  :)

no shit....... burdensome is inadequate imo to descibe that

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,395
    edited September 2022
    Happy thoughts of you and your kind sweetnesses! Hugs with love.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
    tish said:
    Happy thoughts of you and your kind sweetnesses! Hugs with love.
    Thanks, tish ♥️