Cancer, and me.

Comments

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Hedo, I've been away from the forum for awhile and am just now catching up. I'm so sorry to learn you are going through this. You are strong and brave and have the right outlook. Do your best to remember all of that on your worst days. I hope the treatment you chose succeeds with the least amount of suffering possible. You just shared your sympathy with me in the virus thread, and I feel your pain. Fighting the tears as I type this. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hedo, I've been away from the forum for awhile and am just now catching up. I'm so sorry to learn you are going through this. You are strong and brave and have the right outlook. Do your best to remember all of that on your worst days. I hope the treatment you chose succeeds with the least amount of suffering possible. You just shared your sympathy with me in the virus thread, and I feel your pain. Fighting the tears as I type this. 
    Thank you so much :smile:

I actually (and oddly) feel somewhat energized. I have no idea what lies ahead — who does? — or what those damned side effects will yield, but it won’t/can’t be worse than what I already went through.

Right? 😛

Have a beautiful weekend, Ms. dreams. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Yes, you are right for sure.

At one point while caring for my mom, I came across a meme that I can no longer find but I remember the quote:

"I have survived 100% of my worst possible days."

Keep on moving forward. Beautiful weekend to you as well. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,812
    I am so sorry you are going through this again. But we all know what a warrior you are. Kick this fucker to the curb with the immunotherapy. Once again, you got this!
    GlowGirl said:
    I am so sorry you are going through this again. But we all know what a warrior you are. Kick this fucker to the curb with the immunotherapy. Once again, you got this!
    Thanks, GG! I plan to. And to have some FUN along the way. 

what dreams, I just love that quote.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    hedonist said:
    Hi, all. Happy Friday?

Well, so much for remission! A recent biopsy showed cancer still remaining in my throat. It may have spread to my lung too; I’ll know more on that next week.

I refuse to go through radiation and chemo again but have been told that immunotherapy looks hopeful and is tolerated fairly well. To be further discussed with my oncologist. They’re all still hopeful, so I am too. 

That said, I’m glad I started working on my will yesterday 😛
    I’m so sorry Hedo, that must have been really hard to hear. You’ve been putting up a good fight for so long, and here you are again, knocked to the mat. It must be very frustrating. However, it’s time again to get up, and get back into the fight. Just know that there are so many people around the world, cheering you on and sending you love and positivity as you continue your journey. We can’t be there in person, but we are with you in spirit and on this board.

S xx
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Sorry to hear this and I hope it all goes as well as can be expected Hedo. Xxx
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    Hi, all. Happy Friday?

Well, so much for remission! A recent biopsy showed cancer still remaining in my throat. It may have spread to my lung too; I’ll know more on that next week.

I refuse to go through radiation and chemo again but have been told that immunotherapy looks hopeful and is tolerated fairly well. To be further discussed with my oncologist. They’re all still hopeful, so I am too. 

Love to you, D and the kitsons. Not something anyone wanted to see, but let us know what we can do for you. ❤️
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    Hi, all. Happy Friday?

Love to you, D and the kitsons. Not something anyone wanted to see, but let us know what we can do for you. ❤️
    Thank you, Amygirl 😘
    Had a meeting with my oncologist earlier and unfortunately, the cancer has metastasized to my lung, maybe to the bone as well.

As this is all puts me in stage 4, it makes no sense to go with a targeted treatment such as chemo (plus i’m not wasting precious time feeling like shit); same with radiation. Immunotherapy is the way to go without major side effects.

So that’s that; my head is, surprisingly, in a good place and I aim to keep it that way as long as I can 🙂
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    I‘m very sorry to read this!! We’ve never met but I’ve been following this thread and thinking about you. I wish you all the best. All anyone can do is live in the here and now 💛
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Keep your head up hedo! Keep fighting (I know you will). 
    I’m no doctor but are you aware of physician-monitored long term fasting as a potential treatment? There is scientific evidence that fasting can prevent and in some cases, reverse disease. 

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited August 2022
    Best to you & your hubby hedo, & like 1thought said, keep your head up. 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Very sorry to read that. Sending love and light to you and your family.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    Was hoping you'd get better news. Very sorry to hear. Praying the immunotherapy works. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,812
    I am really sorry to hear this. I was also hoping for better news for you. I have heard great things about immunotherapy. Your positive attitude is inspiring. We are all here for you. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,442
    Such grace, as always.
    Tears
    You all are something else; thank you ♥️
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2022
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    Fuck Cancer...

Hedo hugs to you.  Big ones.
    Thank you.

I’m working on my “must-do” list this weekend 😛
  • Sorry to read this. Sending you positive thoughts and wishing you all the best.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Someone in my family has been doing Immunotherapy for awhile now, and it has been working wonders. I hope it does the same for you. :rose:
    Someone in my family has been doing Immunotherapy for awhile now, and it has been working wonders. I hope it does the same for you. :rose:
    Thank you — that’s my hope as well 🙂
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    Had a meeting with my oncologist earlier and unfortunately, the cancer has metastasized to my lung, maybe to the bone as well.

As this is all puts me in stage 4, it makes no sense to go with a targeted treatment such as chemo (plus i’m not wasting precious time feeling like shit); same with radiation. Immunotherapy is the way to go without major side effects.

So that’s that; my head is, surprisingly, in a good place and I aim to keep it that way as long as I can 🙂
    Jedi...❤️
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Amy 😘♥️
  • Goodness me, stay strong and keep us updated please @hedonist xxxxxxxxxxx
    Trying, WCD! 🙂
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,484
    I've always enjoyed your blend of thought, humor, and attitude on these boards.
    May you never die!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    hedonist said:

@hedonist Gutted to read this.  Sending love and hugs to you and your loved ones as you continue on this journey. 

S xx 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop