Options

RIP CHADWICK

123457»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Its been a few years, but I think of Chadwick often.
    I kept Chadwicks book of poetry (along with Brian Lux's book) in my guitar case after I had finished reading them. When I used to play gigs, I'd open up the case and smile every time. Those books put me in a good place when I needed them.
    Anyway.. I havent played live shows in a few years but busted out my old Gibson SG a few days ago, and lo and behold, there are the books and I could hear Chadwick's personality pouring through from some other dimension.
    Rest In Peace buddy...
    Chadwick was a sweet soul with a wry wit.  I so wish I could have met him. 
    And I feel the same way about you Jon!  And such a pleasure to see you here- it's been awhile! Your post was a fine way to start my day!
    I tried to buy Chad's book a while back, but the url in his signature didn't work. @brianlux you might like the post above
    I'm sorry to see it is unavailable.  I checked bookfinder.com which consolidates almost all book selling platforms, and I cheked Amazon and eBay as well and couldn't find any.  Maybe Rollings has extra copies? 

I just brought him up today to Brian.  Interesting that we have all thought about him today.

I saw that!  :smile:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    All hail our lost viking poet!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Summer is the season for unchopping wood. Let’s make chadwick proud this summer. A whole lotta wood to unchop. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    BinauralJam wrote:
    i think 81 or Norm is F'n w/him. Not that Chad will be rattled
    you are correct my fine champion
    i am hardly ever rattled unless a rattlesnake is nearby and singing to me
    then i get a bit excited like a child on christmas morning

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/142543/chadwick
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That was a great thread.

chadwick knew how I felt about him — we had us some great pm’s — but I wish I’d actually said it more while he was still physically here.

Sure hope Ms. rollings is doing alright. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    miss you bud
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    mickeyrat said:
    miss you bud

Oh man, for sure. 
    I always sit right up when I see this thread title in bold letters and, for a second or two, expect somewhere to read some new Chad post that will either blow me away, make me spew my beverage all over the place, or tear me up. 
    Sir Chadwick... we miss you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Not much time passes between thoughts wandering to something "Chadwickian".  Sometimes I reach for a book of his poetry.  Sometimes I go back to some "starred" threads and read...
    Almost always, though, I smile.
    Odd thing how sometimes we can find such substance in absence.

• Options
    wtf podcast yesterday with andrew garfield. all around great talk. last 20 minutes or so of the talk they speak on grief. from 2 ends of the spectrum. a known anticipated death and sudden and unexpected. gets deep and revelatory. found it profound.  spot there had a very pregnant pause. haven't heard that before.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Interesting,  I'll check it out.  I like Marc, and more so when he doesn't just have random comedians on.  
  • Options
    man, random click on a thread originating from 2012......

chadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    he doesn't need any D
    just like i don't need any money or you either or any of us. we are all monks living in a free temple high up in the mountains of nirvana and blissfulness where vampires and fire dudes ride motorcycles lol
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

• Options
    He is missed.  

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Seemed like such an awesome guy.  RIP bud.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    i just realized that he missed out on the craziness of the covid pandemic. i would have liked to have read his thoughts during that crazy time.

rip chad.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    so true. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    I sure hope Mr. Chadwick is still doing his laps wherever he is.

This place is not the same without him
    chinese-happy.jpg