I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    I have got to stop buying so much vinyl. 

Purple Rain - Target KG Cut
    Red - Target Red Vinyl
    I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama! - VG+ used (my copy was VG at best)
    Lush Life - AP KG Cut (180g)
    Rollins Plays for Bird - AP KG Cut (180g)
    Rejuvenation (The Meters) - VMP AAA
    Carnegie Hall Concert (Buck Owens) - VMP KG Cut AAA
    The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady (Mingus) - AS AAA
    Vault #50
    Scaled and Icy (Twenty One Pilots) - Target white vinyl

Did you pass on the LT 58 and Blonde on Blonde MOFI?
    Dang, forgot about the LT 58... yea I got that one. I missed out on the BoB, still really want that one.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    MedozK said:
    I have got to stop buying so much vinyl. 

Purple Rain - Target KG Cut
    Red - Target Red Vinyl
    I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama! - VG+ used (my copy was VG at best)
    Lush Life - AP KG Cut (180g)
    Rollins Plays for Bird - AP KG Cut (180g)
    Rejuvenation (The Meters) - VMP AAA
    Carnegie Hall Concert (Buck Owens) - VMP KG Cut AAA
    The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady (Mingus) - AS AAA
    Vault #50
    Scaled and Icy (Twenty One Pilots) - Target white vinyl

Let me offer a solution:  Build more shelves!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• My latest:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    My latest:

That Stillwater record is really good! It just has those cool 70’s riffs all through it. Mike is putting in some work on it for sure. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    from this little coffee shop/book store....

Kafe Kerouac 

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Wow, Janis/Big Brother live!  Would love to know how is the recording quality and how good are the performances?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Wow, Janis/Big Brother live!  Would love to know how is the recording quality and how good are the performances?

let you know. rsd bf title...

mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

let you know. rsd bf title...

Cool, thanks!

• My latest:

That Stillwater record is really good! It just has those cool 70’s riffs all through it. Mike is putting in some work on it for sure. 
    Yes. Listened to the CD-version plenty. It came with the bootleg cut of the film on DVD.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    ‘Sky Burials’ by Guanaco ± 

This was an indie release by a friend of mine in 2010, limited to 300 copies. It’s a beautiful instrumental psych-folk record, and there’s even a song on there (Paeans To Beals) that was written for me and my wife.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mickeyrat said:

I thought you had the Sky Valley album already?
  • Going Splat by John Dwyer and friends.

Dwyer is the mastermind behind the band Oh Sees, OCS etc.  He did a solo project so I ordered it as whatever he does has been good sans 1 album in the last 10 years.
    Gong Splat - John Dwyer Ryan Sawyer Greg Coates Wilder Zoby  Andres Renteria
    mickeyrat said:

do. 2014 reissue my brother bought used on ebay.

very loud pops throughout.

2021 reissue blows it out of the water.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Barn
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Interesting. A lot of reviews were not great on discogs so I didn’t pull the trigger. I get a little concerned when a record that long is squeezed into one slab. Lots of complaining about surface noise as well.
    I don’t want to pay shipping for an inferior pressing. Can’t find this release up here and none of the distributors my local record stores have are showing it available.
    goldrush said:
    ‘Sky Burials’ by Guanaco ± 

This was an indie release by a friend of mine in 2010, limited to 300 copies. It’s a beautiful instrumental psych-folk record, and there’s even a song on there (Paeans To Beals) that was written for me and my wife.

I love the cover!  And how cool that they wrote a song for you and your sweetheart! 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I am VERY excited about my somewhat excessive Xmas splurge on the 2021 South Korean red with black splatter limited edition (500 copies) Ozzmosis release! I have been dying for this album for years, but the OG price was WAY too much. I got this for $180 USD (+ shipping and import), and compared to the OG that's a deal (standard price for this edition right now), and the pressing is from the master tapes and a premier presser, so it is an awesome version according to reviews. Stoked!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am VERY excited about my somewhat excessive Xmas splurge on the 2021 South Korean red with black splatter limited edition (500 copies) Ozzmosis release! I have been dying for this album for years, but the OG price was WAY too much. I got this for $180 USD (+ shipping and import), and compared to the OG that's a deal (standard price for this edition right now), and the pressing is from the master tapes and a premier presser, so it is an awesome version according to reviews. Stoked!

Oh man I absolutely love this album! My first ever concert was this tour in Vancouver. Nice score!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Classy bunch they are. Looking forward to getting these:

edited December 2021
    Spent the day wandering around Auburn to day and my wife picked this up for me for Christmas (no peaking until Saturday, lol):

Neil Young & Crazy Horse ‎– Live At Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA October 1st 1994

Genre:
    Style:
    Year:
    Notes:

EDIT:  Just noticed on Discogs this is an unofficial release banned for sale on Discogs.  i.e a bootleg.  Rather embarrassing as we assumed since it was being sold new in a record store and not marked as a bootleg it was OK to buy.  Sorry, Neil!  :fearful: 
    Post edited by brianlux on

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Yeah.  my joint I used to go to sells bootlegs by the pile. I don't know anything about the record store biz.  Mainly pretty colored ultra limited imports. Not cheap. Me no likey.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Loujoe said:
    Yeah.  my joint I used to go to sells bootlegs by the pile. I don't know anything about the record store biz.  Mainly pretty colored ultra limited imports. Not cheap. Me no likey.
    Garbage.  There’s no point in buying records pressed from cd or something worse.
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Garbage.  There’s no point in buying records pressed from cd or something worse.

Had I taken more time to really look at it, I would not have bought the NY at Shoreline for one major reason:  the label  It's a dreaded DOL.  But my wife was so excited about finding a Neil record I didn't have and practically dragged me to the counter, so I never really gave it a good look-over.  Yikes!  Bootleg and DOL.  I'll never live this one down.  :lol:

brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:

Had I taken more time to really look at it, I would not have bought the NY at Shoreline for one major reason:  the label  It's a dreaded DOL.  But my wife was so excited about finding a Neil record I didn't have and practically dragged me to the counter, so I never really gave it a good look-over.  Yikes!  Bootleg and DOL.  I'll never live this one down.  :lol:
    I've been fooled too.  It happens.  I'm just saying intentionally buying boots doesn't make much sense.  

• Classy bunch they are. Looking forward to getting these:

I got that too.  Thought the gesture was great.

Now if they would reissue Slant 6's  inzombia album.  Oh and the  song GFS is written about an old friend of mine.
  • mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    What about those 70's shows that were taken from the soundboard?  I had a buddy that would buy any Zeppelin show he could find.
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    What about those 70's shows that were taken from the soundboard?  I had a buddy that would buy any Zeppelin show he could find.
    I just wouldn't pay for a vinyl for that.  We all have those soundboard shows on flac or burned to cd-r. They are all available for public trade too. So why pay for it when it's free and the vinyl is no better?
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    I just wouldn't pay for a vinyl for that.  We all have those soundboard shows on flac or burned to cd-r. They are all available for public trade too. So why pay for it when it's free and the vinyl is no better?
    I laways wondered if they were out there in the world.  I guess they are now.  It's not something I seek, was just curious.
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

OK good, thx for the insight.