Capitalism Sucks.

Comments

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    edited December 2021
    tdawe said:
    The last few days of “these tickets are too expensive” posts have been fun, but now we’ve only got a couple of hours before the “shit I forgot to enter the lottery” posts start, followed by “gutted I lost the lottery”, “shit I didn’t realize I had to register for Verified Fan” and finally “ISO” posts. 
    The complaints about not getting tickets will far outnumber the ticket price complaints.
    Hopefully the people who get shut out can get them on the verified sale or the general sale. The prices will most likely be cheaper, the complaints about the prices will probably still continue. 
    There will be cheaper tickets available, but there’s a good chance that tickets will be tough overall so choices might be limited, and things will be moving fast. At least for the lottery we had a few days to think about it; in the on-sale you might have TM show you a pair for $300 each and have to make a quick call. 
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Straying from thread integrity but the LEGO Home Alone set is a great build/set if you can find one.  
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    ST66483 said:
    Straying from thread integrity but the LEGO Home Alone set is a great build/set if you can find one.  
    It’s not a coincidence that the Home Alone set and one ticket to see EV with fees is about the same price.  😉
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    How do we know it's not Chad that charges a lot for his services?
    That would also explain the absurd RHCP tix prices next summer.

You're not kidding!  I'll pay a premium for a small theater show.  I won't do it for a stadium show.  Unless I can find reasonably priced tickets on the secondary market, I'll skip the RHCP this tour.
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:
    It’s not a coincidence that the Home Alone set and one ticket to see EV with fees is about the same price.  😉
    Hopefully they’ll both be great sets, completed over several hours, and just that much better if you’ve had a few drinks but not too many. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    edited December 2021
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    The last few days of “these tickets are too expensive” posts have been fun, but now we’ve only got a couple of hours before the “shit I forgot to enter the lottery” posts start, followed by “gutted I lost the lottery”, “shit I didn’t realize I had to register for Verified Fan” and finally “ISO” posts. 
    The complaints about not getting tickets will far outnumber the ticket price complaints.
    Hopefully the people who get shut out can get them on the verified sale or the general sale. The prices will most likely be cheaper, the complaints about the prices will probably still continue. 
    There will be cheaper tickets available, but there’s a good chance that tickets will be tough overall so choices might be limited, and things will be moving fast. At least for the lottery we had a few days to think about it; in the on-sale you might have TM show you a pair for $300 each and have to make a quick call. 
    True, I IMMEDIATELY put in for the lottery for Chicago when I got the email. Then the reality kicked in. Midweek show in a city that is 4.5 hours away.  We would have to take the day of the show and the next day off of work. The cost of a hotel in Chicago. The iffy weather driving up to Chicago in February. I canceled my request the same day. My wife congratulated me on making "an adult decision."
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    JimmyV said:
    $475 for a pair of tickets to a night of getting shushed by they guy onstage. Rock on. 
    OR $475 for a pair of Tickets where the guy on stage that EVERYONE paid that same amount of money to listen to feels the need to ask a middle aged fanboy that NOBODY paid to listen to, to STFU because they think their ticket purchase at any amount means they can ruin everyone else's enjoyment of the show.  Most medium and larger comedy acts now lock up cell phones during shows and if you're constantly interrupting, you wont be shushed, you'll just be thrown out.  You didn't buy a ticket to Medieval Times dinner theatre. It's not interactive and nobody came to see you.  If you or people you know  are those people please feel free to save your money by staying home and yelling  "play freebird!" at your TV.  
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    I really don’t buy into this idea that the pandemic affected concert prices. I have seen 10+ shows this fall and all of them were various sizes and expected prices. 

If anything these prices are just them catching up to the price bracket that other similar artists already charged. 

This is correct.  These prices existed well before the pandemic.  The band and Ed as a solo act have just always charged WAY below the going rate.  If either sold tickets at what their actual market value should be based on current touring act standards, supply and demand the tickets would probably 3x or more and maybe 1% (likely all lousy seats) would be available as a fanclub "pre sale" though  a generic ticketmaster code.  Pearl Jam (and I would assume Ed as well) don't even let venues keep great seats as they "venue holds" for the most part.  With most arena acts, if you're able to set up tickets through the venue, they are usually at the side of the stage or close to it.  For Pearl Jam shows, venue holds are usually in the back corners of the lower bowl.  They're the only act I've ever see do that. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
    tdawe said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:
    Hopefully they’ll both be great sets, completed over several hours, and just that much better if you’ve had a few drinks but not too many. 
    :rofl:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• nicknyr15 said:
    Again. I understand the prices are off putting. But I’ve literally watched thousands of you walk away with $1000 of STUFF. 
    Yeah but they were flipping that stuff.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    goblues82 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Again. I understand the prices are off putting. But I’ve literally watched thousands of you walk away with $1000 of STUFF. 
    Sounds like they’re no better than $250 tickets then.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:
    I’m debating buying the Titanic next :lol:   I’m hooked
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:
    You’re entering lego holy grail territory with that one 😁

I’ve bought a bunch of lego sets the last couple years… mostly out of nostalgia - ghostbusters ecto-1, all the Scooby Doo sets, friends, Seinfeld, Flintstones, the 60s Batman bat mobile, and a few more.  Now the Home Alone set. I haven’t opened any of them yet.  🤦🏻‍♂️

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:

I’ve bought a bunch of lego sets the last couple years… mostly out of nostalgia - ghostbusters ecto-1, all the Scooby Doo sets, friends, Seinfeld, Flintstones, the 60s Batman bat mobile, and a few more.  Now the Home Alone set. I haven’t opened any of them yet.  🤦🏻‍♂️
    Haha...I was just about to reply and ask how long they take you to build on average.  I got my answer! 

bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:

Haha...I was just about to reply and ask how long they take you to build on average.  I got my answer! 

My 9 year old has told me more than once that he will be taking the legos to Las Vegas when I die and selling them to the guys from Pawn Stars.  🤨

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:

My 9 year old has told me more than once that he will be taking the legos to Las Vegas when I die and selling them to the guys from Pawn Stars.  🤨
    Too damn funny.  Smart kid!  ;)  I really do want this Home Alone set though.  My kids absolutely love the movie and we watch it as a family multiple times each year around Christmas.  Would be a fun project, but probably would take an eternity to finish.

on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:

Picturing you* spending your final days on your death bed, just opening and completing lego sets and glaring defiantly at your son.

*Meaning Bruce Springsteen’s ass, I guess. 
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:

:lol:    I think I have about a week and a half left of Home Alone.  I’m doing 1 or 2 bags per day after work.  It’s pretty satisfying to get something done after spending 8 hours attempting to get stuff done.  

Like I said this will be an annual Christmas decoration for us lol.  I say open this one!  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    goblues82 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Sounds like they’re no better than $250 tickets then.
    They were $217
    I miss igotid88
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Capitalism, baby...

Gotta love it!

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Saltzy23 said:
    Capitalism, baby...

Gotta love it!

My daughter is going to college next year, I had to!  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Saltzy23 said:
    Capitalism, baby...

Gotta love it!

Row 1… gallery   

Ouch

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Saltzy23 said:
    Capitalism, baby...

Gotta love it!

Row 1… gallery   

Ouch

Scalper will be going to that show.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    Saltzy23 said:
    Capitalism, baby...

Gotta love it!

Row 1… gallery   

Ouch

Scalper will be going to that show.
    I think they are hoping some rich dude doesn’t notice and says “row 1 awesome” then pulls out the Amex black card and brags about getting front row tickets 

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    Are we laughing at the scalper because Gallery tickets are bad, or because there is no Row 1 in the Gallery?
    tdawe said:
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:

Picturing you* spending your final days on your death bed, just opening and completing lego sets and glaring defiantly at your son.

*Meaning Bruce Springsteen’s ass, I guess. 
    Great idea! That’ll show the little wise guy.  

• jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    goblues82 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    seems like it's obvious where those people's priorities lie then , it's rampant throughout the community.  prey on the want to feed the need
  • bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:

I built the nes console in about 8 hours or so 
  • jpgoegel said:
    goblues82 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    seems like it's obvious where those people's priorities lie then , it's rampant throughout the community.  prey on the want to feed the need
    So rampant I guarantee more than a few flippers were complaining about prices. But of course the band and Ed are the hypocrites
    bbiggs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:

I built the nes console in about 8 hours or so 
    I like that one