Capitalism Sucks.

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    on2legs said:
    The Lego Store is charging $649 for the Titanic.  
    That’s almost 3 tickets to Eddie.  

Doesnt sound that bad anymore does it.  
    I’m seriously contemplating getting the Lego Home Alone set if it ever comes back in stock. 😂
    Dude I just bought it on Wednesday.   It’s incredible and we’re only 4 bags in.  I just kept calling my local store and they ended up getting a few of them in.  

We’re going to use it as a Christmas decoration moving forward :lol:

I'm so jealous!! =)

I've been hawking the Lego website waiting for it to come back in stock while I debate it in my mind.  You just convinced me that I need it :lol:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    Saw the last Eagles tour before Glen Frey died at the Wang Theatre in Boston for less than Eddie is charging. Saw the last Fleetwood Mac tour in Providence before they fired Lindsey Buckingham for less than Eddie is charging. Yes, both shows were pre-COVID but we are only talking a few years ago.

Also, both shows were awesome. 
    I'm sure they were. I regret not going to see Fleetwood. They are charging less than Ed because they've been a legacy act with no new material for some time, staging multiple tours, so the demand is going to be much lower. I think they came here 3 times since they reunited. to Winnipeg. Three times. 

Two of those are an easy skip for a lot of their main fan base. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited December 2021
    JimmyV said:
    Saw the last Eagles tour before Glen Frey died at the Wang Theatre in Boston for less than Eddie is charging. Saw the last Fleetwood Mac tour in Providence before they fired Lindsey Buckingham for less than Eddie is charging. Yes, both shows were pre-COVID but we are only talking a few years ago.

I'm sure they were. I regret not going to see Fleetwood. They are charging less than Ed because they've been a legacy act with no new material for some time, staging multiple tours, so the demand is going to be much lower. I think they came here 3 times since they reunited. to Winnipeg. Three times. 

Ed's new material includes his first album in 11 years - an album that no one has yet heard - and a reworked version of Corduroy. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Ed's new material includes his first album in 11 years and a reworked version of Corduroy. 
    haha fair point. but not really. he'll play newer PJ songs that he wrote as well. his musical output didn't stop 20 years before this tour. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    The last few days of “these tickets are too expensive” posts have been fun, but now we’ve only got a couple of hours before the “shit I forgot to enter the lottery” posts start, followed by “gutted I lost the lottery”, “shit I didn’t realize I had to register for Verified Fan” and finally “ISO” posts. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    tdawe said:
    The last few days of “these tickets are too expensive” posts have been fun, but now we’ve only got a couple of hours before the “shit I forgot to enter the lottery” posts start, followed by “gutted I lost the lottery”, “shit I didn’t realize I had to register for Verified Fan” and finally “ISO” posts. 
    Haha, well done.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    tdawe said:
    Suddenly $250 is a bargain :lol:
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited December 2021
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I’m seriously contemplating getting the Lego Home Alone set if it ever comes back in stock. 😂
    Dude I just bought it on Wednesday.   It’s incredible and we’re only 4 bags in.  I just kept calling my local store and they ended up getting a few of them in.  

I'm so jealous!! =)

I've been hawking the Lego website waiting for it to come back in stock while I debate it in my mind.  You just convinced me that I need it :lol:
    You’ll love it. I’m not a regular lego-er but I feel like I’m 9 again.   The attention to detail inside the house (it opens up) is hilarious.

Coincidentally also $250    :rofl:

Post edited by cp3iverson on
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I'm so jealous!! =)

You’ll love it. I’m not a regular lego-er but I feel like I’m 9 again.   The attention to detail inside the house (it opens up) is hilarious.

Coincidentally also $250    :rofl:

Fingers crossed there’s a Fuller minifig with a bottle of Pepsi.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Ed's new material includes his first album in 11 years - an album that no one has yet heard - and a reworked version of Corduroy. 
    I registered for tickets but canceled it this morning. For pretty much this reason.  I like Ed solo but it doesn’t wind me up like the full band does. I’m sure it will be a great show, but if I’m going to drop $500 on a pair of tickets I’d really want it to knock my socks off.  I’m going to redirect the money to hopefully scoring a couple additional PJ shows in May. 

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

I registered for tickets but canceled it this morning. For pretty much this reason.  I like Ed solo but it doesn’t wind me up like the full band does. I’m sure it will be a great show, but if I’m going to drop $500 on a pair of tickets I’d really want it to knock my socks off.  I’m going to redirect the money to hopefully scoring a couple additional PJ shows in May. 
    How will you know if you don't go? He's obviously a proven great live performer. Those other guys are no schlubs either. And you get to see Glen Hansard as the opener
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

How will you know if you don't go? He's obviously a proven great live performer. Those other guys are no schlubs either. And you get to see Glen Hansard as the opener
    I’m not knocking it.  More just my own preference.  I’ve seen Ed solo and liked it.  But it’s more about me reallocating the money to more PJ shows.  Not an angry rant about Ed or ticket prices. 

• Could always wait for the second run of shows. And know what the show will be. 

There's an air of ickiness about playing Pearl Jam shows and Pearl Jam stamples...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tdawe said:
    Lol- so true
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    NEweather said:
    tdawe said:
    Lol- so true

I feel like mine's either going to be "I'm gutted I missed out" or "I won, but Covid19 locked up the border again and I cant' go".

Fingers crossed they don't ramp up stuff at the land borders.....
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 513
    Zod said:
    NEweather said:
    tdawe said:
    Lol- so true

I feel like mine's either going to be "I'm gutted I missed out" or "I won, but Covid19 locked up the border again and I cant' go".

Fingers crossed they don't ramp up stuff at the land borders.....
    Yeah if there was a local show I’d have put in for it, but (possible) travel restrictions - and the fact the show could be cancelled/rescheduled - it’s just too much right now. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    The only way I’m gonna feel bad for missing these shows is if he finally plays Believe You Me
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • JC29866JC29866 Chicago Posts: 80
    Long Red said:
    Wild how expensive the tix are for the Ed solo shows. It's almost comical. Who the hell has an extra $500 laying around for a pair of concert tix? My sweet lord.
    It is like buying a vintage wine, a painting or any fine art.  Sorry, but this is the new reality.  Eddie, and his longtime fans are all getting older now, and gone are the days of seeing a PJ show for a reasonable price.  This is a legacy act for grownups that can afford to pay the prices.  The pandemic has inflated the price of all concert tickets, and this is no exception.  The artists who deserve to get paid are no longer going to be shy about charging these prices.  Look at how much a Broadway show costs.  We are all lucky Pearl Jam kept costs down for as long as they did.

• I really don’t buy into this idea that the pandemic affected concert prices. I have seen 10+ shows this fall and all of them were various sizes and expected prices. 

If anything these prices are just them catching up to the price bracket that other similar artists already charged. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    I really don’t buy into this idea that the pandemic affected concert prices. I have seen 10+ shows this fall and all of them were various sizes and expected prices. 

If anything these prices are just them catching up to the price bracket that other similar artists already charged. 
    yeah, the shows I'm going to all have the same prices for tickets as they did in 2019. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    tdawe said:
    Shit, I forgot to enter the lottery =)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    tdawe said:
    The complaints about not getting tickets will far outnumber the ticket price complaints.
    You guys are also forgetting the Flag Day sings Ed and Glen wrote that they'll probably be singing together either during Glen's set or the main set
    I miss igotid88
    edited December 2021
    How do we know it's not Chad that charges a lot for his services?
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    tdawe said:
    The complaints about not getting tickets will far outnumber the ticket price complaints.

Definitely.  Prices aside, I think the venues aren't near big enough for the demand.   Most of as are going to miss out and it'll be super tough getting tickets.

Then F2F will drive us nuts trying to refresh to get tickets to shows that have 1/10th the tickets of stadium shows.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    tdawe said:

And the "how is it possible that there are third rows seats available for $800 when I got shut out. How do I contact the 10C about this?"
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    static111 said:
    The only way I’m gonna feel bad for missing these shows is if he finally plays Believe You Me
    I could not agree more. Id pay $250 for building on fire or im one.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    igotid88 said:
    How do we know it's not Chad that charges a lot for his services?
    That would also explain the absurd RHCP tix prices next summer.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    tdawe said:
    Hopefully the people who get shut out can get them on the verified sale or the general sale. The prices will most likely be cheaper, the complaints about the prices will probably still continue. 
    So are 3000 seat theater. Would you say 300 will be 10c? I know it's not 10% like before. But I know 10c has been able to secure more seats for fans in the past.
    I miss igotid88