2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• CM189191 said:
    Were the Europe dates rescheduled at the same venues?

Presumably there are contracts in place, and shows will be re-booked in the same locations.  No?
    Europe venues did not change - mind you with the numbers in Europe who knows what will happen with those shows.  
    True - but the venue/city order was changed and some cases significantly.  Hope not the case with NA.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    tdawe said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Everyone just needs to R-E-L-A-X
    If they've announced they're starting the tour again in May - they're going to actually start the tour in May.  They'll take into consideration arenas who have hockey/basketball playing as well.  But the tour will go from March-forward, no doubt. And it will be the same arenas as originally scheduled as someone mentioned.. it would be a logistical nightmare to do it otherwise.

Just wait for the announcement all! Oh!  And a wrinkle.. I'd 100% expect that you're going to provide proof of COVID vaccine or a recent negative test to get in the door.
    Agree wholeheartedly - it’ll work out eventually.  But people going to Toronto, NYC, or Denver should know that those cities may have 2 teams’ unpredictable playoff schedules competing for dates. It’s unlikely this will be a problem, but it has happened before. 

With the Knicks and the Leafs involved, though, late May should have plenty of openings. 
    Knicks currently doing their level best to take care of us here. 
    Yeah zero worry about MSG date being bumped for NBA playoffs :lol:
    Ugh, 2016 was frustrating in Toronto - Pearl Jam got bumped one night, the Who got bumped one and then another. It was fine for me - I live ten minutes from the arena - but I can imagine it was a big frustration for out-of-towners. Anyway, it'll happen again this year when the Leafs go on a deep run.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • NWOntario said:
    tdawe said:
    Lostpawn said:
    If they've announced they're starting the tour again in May - they're going to actually start the tour in May.  They'll take into consideration arenas who have hockey/basketball playing as well.  But the tour will go from March-forward, no doubt. And it will be the same arenas as originally scheduled as someone mentioned.. it would be a logistical nightmare to do it otherwise.

Just wait for the announcement all! Oh!  And a wrinkle.. I'd 100% expect that you're going to provide proof of COVID vaccine or a recent negative test to get in the door.
    Agree wholeheartedly - it’ll work out eventually.  But people going to Toronto, NYC, or Denver should know that those cities may have 2 teams’ unpredictable playoff schedules competing for dates. It’s unlikely this will be a problem, but it has happened before. 

With the Knicks and the Leafs involved, though, late May should have plenty of openings. 
    Ugh, 2016 was frustrating in Toronto - Pearl Jam got bumped one night, the Who got bumped one and then another. It was fine for me - I live ten minutes from the arena - but I can imagine it was a big frustration for out-of-towners. Anyway, it'll happen again this year when the Leafs go on a deep run.
    After originally being shut out of Toronto 2, 2016, I got a sweet ticket upon the rescheduling.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    tdawe said:
    Lostpawn said:

Just keep Baltimore prior to NYC with a baseball game in between.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    tdawe said:
    Lostpawn said:

Frustrating now but when I’m rocking out to PJ at the Garden in May I’ll look back fondly on these dumb November losses. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The new expected dates (May) are likely not going to work due to schedule conflicts unfortunately.  There's still an outside chance, but the shows would have to be during the week as weekends are pretty much shot.  A couple pair for Nashville and STL will go back into the pool if so.  Bummer after a two year wait, but no one's fault and hopefully there will be more Fall shows added.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    bbiggs said:
    The new expected dates (May) are likely not going to work due to schedule conflicts unfortunately.  There's still an outside chance, but the shows would have to be during the week as weekends are pretty much shot.  A couple pair for Nashville and STL will go back into the pool if so.  Bummer after a two year wait, but no one's fault and hopefully there will be more Fall shows added.

??
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:

??
    I have no inside information on rescheduled dates.  I was just speaking in general terms.  May is a tough month for me so unless the stars align on the new dates, I won't be able to attend.  Just a bummed fan venting on a message board.  ;)

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

??
    I have no inside information on rescheduled dates.  I was just speaking in general terms.  May is a tough month for me so unless the stars align on the new dates, I won't be able to attend.  Just a bummed fan venting on a message board.  ;)

Oh, I'm sorry, I completely read that the wrong way. Hopefully, the new dates work out for you.
  • Bump
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Maybe they will play Beale Street Music Fest? That's the first weekend in May
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    may have been posted already, but perhaps PJ or Eddie solo plays a Southern CT festival in 2022.

http://onlyinbridgeport.com/wordpress/see-whats-in-the-music-festival-contract-promoters-to-cover-all-public-safety-and-clean-up-costs/
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited November 2021
    Amsterdam moved to July 24 and 25th

So maybe the entire 2020 NA Tour is a go now.  PinkPop is the 18th and they dont need as much equipment for that, since the stage is already setup.  The stage now doesn't have to be anywhere until Berlin on the 21st
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Amsterdam moved to July 24 and 25th

So maybe the entire 2020 NA Tour is a go now.  PinkPop is the 18th and they dont need as much equipment for that, since the stage is already setup.  The stage now doesn't have to be anywhere until Berlin on the 21st

Do they use the same stage around the world? You'd think it'd be slightly easier to rent whatever they could (stage, wires) locally, as that'd mean less gear to transport over oceans.

Then again, I know nothing of how such is done. I do know that some fancier setups have a "leapfrog" system where stages get set up weeks in advance. I'm sure Pearl Jam doesn't do this.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172

Do they use the same stage around the world? You'd think it'd be slightly easier to rent whatever they could (stage, wires) locally, as that'd mean less gear to transport over oceans.

Then again, I know nothing of how such is done. I do know that some fancier setups have a "leapfrog" system where stages get set up weeks in advance. I'm sure Pearl Jam doesn't do this.
    I wouldn't think so, I don't believe they ever had elaborate/unique stage setups (say, like the Stones). I would guess that stage and PA are pretty much always local.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Oh yeah but where will they start first? East Coast or West Coast? 
  • demetrios said:

Maybe in St Louis just to screw up everyone’s travel plans one more time!

• mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    biz999 said:

I wouldn't think so, I don't believe they ever had elaborate/unique stage setups (say, like the Stones). I would guess that stage and PA are pretty much always local.
    I assume they travel with their own PA, supplied by RAT-sound. Ligths, monitor gear and backline.

stages are most likely local. Just your basic arena or stadium stage structures.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Guessing the Euro shift has to do with family graduation ceremonies in mid June. Which means Climate Pledge in June becomes a possible scenario
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    demetrios said:

Sounds good to me!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    demetrios said:

Sounds good to me!! 
    +1!
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    biz999 said:

I was a local stage hand for The Rolling Stones for the Voodoo Lounge Tour in Seattle, they apparently had three exact stage setups because it took about a week to assemble the stage, they had this huge snake that blew fire, it was insane.
  • If that’s the case, any.chance you’ll work with me on a heads up on when those tickets are sent back? I’m originally from St. Louis and are looking for both it and Nashville… I’ll grab ya a shirt or stickers or poster or whatever as a thank you!!!

bbiggs said:

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    biz999 said:

I was a local stage hand for The Rolling Stones for the Voodoo Lounge Tour in Seattle, they apparently had three exact stage setups because it took about a week to assemble the stage, they had this huge snake that blew fire, it was insane.
    Woah that is insane, would love to see it. But it's crazy when you think they can transition a basketball court to a hockey rink (with ice!) in what 6 hours?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Think it will be possible they add a double hitter show in Canada next May? Maybe Toronto or Quebec City? 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited November 2021
    demetrios said:
    Think it will be possible they add a double hitter show in Canada next May? Maybe Toronto or Quebec City? 
    Gotta be Toronto if at all. No way they do back to back in Quebec City. Adding a Montreal would make more sense imo. I am really curious where the Canada leg lands. Early May? Late May or early June? Next fall along with western Canadian dates sometime before or after Leg 2 in the US? Hope we get info very early in January. 
  • JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    demetrios said:
    If they didn’t have Hamilton scheduled, I’d say I’d expect a second Toronto show. Since they have it, not sure if they will, but I sure hope they do. 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
    Jimminez said:
    demetrios said:
    If they didn’t have Hamilton scheduled, I’d say I’d expect a second Toronto show. Since they have it, not sure if they will, but I sure hope they do. 
    I hope they do too.
  • They probably moved it to May cause they know the Leafs won’t be playing meaningful games by then… 
    I was waiting for someone to crack a leafs joke. However that won’t be the reason, the raptors won’t be making the playoffs this year unfortunately.
  • If the move of Amsterdam to July means they are going to try to fit in NA in May/June, I really don’t think they’re going to add any shows.