Photos of your guitars

Comments

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dankind said:
    NEweather said:
    dankind said:
    Just arrived. 

First ever new guitar. And first Gibson. 

Wow-Nice!
    They made it for students (and parents of students :wink: ) at School of Rock to purchase at a discount as their first forever guitar. 

They made 100 in this initial run. I actually got 1 of 100. 

Damn I just read up on the link. That is one hell of a guitar. Cngrats
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2021
    static111 said:
    dankind said:
    NEweather said:
    dankind said:
    Just arrived. 

Wow-Nice!
    They made it for students (and parents of students :wink: ) at School of Rock to purchase at a discount as their first forever guitar. 

Thanks!

Yeah, the marketing copy and photos really sold me on this one. 

I had been saving for an Acoustasonic ever since I figured out that the little instrument that Jack White was making such a racket with at a Raconteurs show was indeed not his own creation but rather something that I could acquire for myself. 

I was almost there, and then the marketing email for this thing came along and totally depleted those funds.

I still have no way to amplify or record with an acoustic, which was one of the main reasons why I wanted the more practical (and more expensive) Acoustasonic. I'm simply way too nervous about adding any type of pickup to my Martin. I have a feeling that the Les Paul will certainly be worth it in the long run, but I did have instant buyer's remorse for being so taken in by how gorgeous this very unpractical Les Paul is.

And I haven't been able to start saving again for the Acoustasonic. Maybe next year! Or maybe I'll decide to just sell all my Pearl Jam garbage and buy one.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    static111 said:
    dankind said:
    NEweather said:
    dankind said:
    Just arrived. 

Wow-Nice!

Thanks!

Yeah, the marketing copy and photos really sold me on this one. 

I had been saving for an Acoustasonic ever since I figured out that the little instrument that Jack White was making such a racket with at a Raconteurs show was indeed not his own creation but rather something that I could acquire for myself. 

I was almost there, and then the marketing email for this thing came along and totally depleted those funds.

I still have no way to amplify or record with an acoustic, which was one of the main reasons why I wanted the more practical (and more expensive) Acoustasonic. I'm simply way too nervous about adding any type of pickup to my Martin. I have a feeling that the Les Paul will certainly be worth it in the long run, but I did have instant buyer's remorse for being so taken in by how gorgeous this very unpractical Les Paul is.

And I haven't been able to start saving again for the Acoustasonic. Maybe next year! Or maybe I'll decide to just sell all my Pearl Jam garbage and buy one.
    I sold most of my pearl jam garbage to buy ukuleles during the beginning of lockdown.  Honestly I don't miss any of it.  And the ukes are great fun.  Still holding on to my OP Ten vinyl pressing, but I may dump that soon to raise funds for an acoustic amp.  I mean I have the Ten Super deluxe box set, do I really need three copies of ten?  All this to say it is always worth it to sell junk for more music gear!  What kind of martin do you have?  There are quite a few good pickup systems out there that have pretty minimally invasive installs, especially if you take it to an experienced tech to do the hard work.
    Scio me nihil scire

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    Wow yes I remeber that beautiful guitar. I would be very choosy about putting anything into that.
    Scio me nihil scire

• andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • andrew68 said:

👍🏼
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    That is a cool color to get signed ( the light blue Tele)
    andrew68 said:

Always wanted an advanced Jumbo
    Scio me nihil scire

• Most recent pickup. Johnny Cash Martin Acoustic. Had one of these when they came out in early 2020.. sold it, regretted selling… bought another.. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    dankind said:
    Just arrived. 

wow that thing is gorgeous! i saw when these were released and I wanted one but as soon as I clicked on the link they were immediately sold out. this thing is going to hold its value as well. good pick up!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Got this one a couple weeks ago and took it straight to a luthier to get the electronics fixed. Picked it up today.

Definitely player grade ‘74 model.  Needs a re-fretting soon.  Non original tuners.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Got this one a couple weeks ago and took it straight to a luthier to get the electronics fixed. Picked it up today.

Beautiful guitar.  How does it play?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

It is very comfortable to play.  The neck feels great. I absolutely love the tone.  The electronics are very interesting.  Has a knob for in and out of phase, and then a knob for different impedance selections.

My only beef is that the high E string doesn’t seem to ring out very long and then at some point the frets need redone.  Guitar should play even better after that.  Found a guitar store nearby that I really like and they have done a nice job cleaning this one up and fixing the electronics.
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    dankind said:
    NEweather said:
    dankind said:
    Just arrived. 

Wow-Nice!

Thanks for teaching me something new-I didn't know there was a School of Rock method, etc. for real. Nice "forever guitar" score
      And I have to laugh about the kids starting out-w/ acoustic guitar. My kids got both- and I think it was a good thing. 
       It's fun looking at all the guitars shared here
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Seeing these pics makes me want to buy another guitar.....hmmm....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
     me too. hmmm.
    BO175983 said:
    Most recent pickup. Johnny Cash Martin Acoustic. Had one of these when they came out in early 2020.. sold it, regretted selling… bought another.. 
     this is cool too. 
    mcgruff10 said:

It is very comfortable to play.  The neck feels great. I absolutely love the tone.  The electronics are very interesting.  Has a knob for in and out of phase, and then a knob for different impedance selections.

My only beef is that the high E string doesn’t seem to ring out very long and then at some point the frets need redone.  Guitar should play even better after that.  Found a guitar store nearby that I really like and they have done a nice job cleaning this one up and fixing the electronics.
    think the high e will sustain better after fret work+ ?  cool guitar
    mfc2006 said:
    Same here. I already have two acoustic and two electric.    What to buy what to buy.......

- yet, yikes! see i need this bridge replaced on the (old) first little guitar i started w/ as a kid. haven't info yet if old/new stock is even available or around concerning-cuz it is a plastic bridge!  what i've seen on ebay, most look like the bridges have been replaced-& not w/the plastic one. epiphone ft-30 caballero-(kalamazoo/Gibson made). 
     so i think "get this repaired" before any new purchases...
    sentimental journeys w/ old guitars (sigh...)
    NEweather said:
    mcgruff10 said:

think the high e will sustain better after fret work+ ?  cool guitar
    Not sure if the new frets would do it but hopefully they could figure it out at the same time.  
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Getting my first Martin for Christmas. HD28E looking forward to its arrival next week. 

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    I played a D28 once and was really impressed.  Congratulations on your purchase!
    pjpjpaul said:

Getting my first Martin for Christmas. HD28E looking forward to its arrival next week. 

Hell Yes.  
    Scio me nihil scire

Awesome!
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Beautiful guitar!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    This one arrived last week.  Jim James Gibson 335.