Options

Photos of your guitars

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Great choices.  Exciting stuff.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Wow we got some nice looking guitars being bought!  Nice work everyone.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BO175983BO175983 Posts: 62
    New pick up. Brad Paisley Esquire

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Would LOVE to hear any projects/bands you all are involved in! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    BO175983 said:

Cool guitar. I think it's cool how they put the neck pickup under the pick guard to preserve the look of the Esquire.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    Would LOVE to hear any projects/bands you all are involved in! 
    Working on something right now. I'll share when it is finished. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    BO175983BO175983 Posts: 62
    dudeman said:
    BO175983 said:

Cool guitar. I think it's cool how they put the neck pickup under the pick guard to preserve the look of the Esquire.
    Yeah that pickup has a strat type sound. 
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 996
    I recently sold my house after a rough couple of years & this Les Paul Standard in an unburst finish is my reward to myself for all the hard work I put in
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Oh wow!  Beautiful guitar.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I like the unburst color.  Good call!
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    BALLBOY said:
    I recently sold my house after a rough couple of years & this Les Paul Standard in an unburst finish is my reward to myself for all the hard work I put in
       nice reward for long, hard work
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    that unburst is a beauty.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i may or may not have done something stupid on friday.... like i need another guitar.... which i do, with p-90s, haha.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    i may or may not have done something stupid on friday.... like i need another guitar.... which i do, with p-90s, haha.
    Looking forward to the picture!  
  • Options
    yeah me too. i am not sure when it will arrive. it has not shipped from gibson as of this morning.

i will give you a hint. it was one of the exclusives that are on their website currently.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Black or Olive Drab?
  • Options
    yeah me too. i am not sure when it will arrive. it has not shipped from gibson as of this morning.

i will give you a hint. it was one of the exclusives that are on their website currently.
    First guess was an SG for some reason when you originally posted.  Could be the Special though. 
  • Options

• Options
    The Explorer arrived last week.  Very different from what I am used to as far as body.  Haven’t had a chance to play guitar much lately.
  • Options
    I had the opportunity to get a classic that had the same pick ups for a ridiculous price of under $3000 AUD but paid more for the standard cause I wanted the flame top. Everyone I have showed it to loves the top
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options

aid:
    The Explorer arrived last week.  Very different from what I am used to as far as body.  Haven’t had a chance to play guitar much lately.
    I have been watching videos on YouTube lately alot about the Explorer & Flying V, incredible how they only made a handful of each at the time 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Black or Olive Drab?
    olive drab

• Options

First guess was an SG for some reason when you originally posted.  Could be the Special though. 
    i went with the special. always wanted one but wanted something other than yellow or red or the rare black ones. did not want a double cut either so these came out and i had to try to get one.

• Options
    that is awesome!!! nice score!!

• Options
    BALLBOY said:
    I had the opportunity to get a classic that had the same pick ups for a ridiculous price of under $3000 AUD but paid more for the standard cause I wanted the flame top. Everyone I have showed it to loves the top
    i probably would have done the same. i always preferred standards over classics. not that they are too much different, but i find that the standards usually look a bit better, like as you said, with the nice flamey top.

• Options
    BALLBOY said:
    Could always remove the pick-up covers to look more like a Classic.  I prefer the standard neck to the Classic (I assume all classics have the more slim neck).
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    New one

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DewieCox said:
    Black or Olive Drab?
    olive drab
    Was just trying to talk myself into one of those. Cool look
  • Options
    static111 said:
    New one

looks nice!

• Options
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Black or Olive Drab?
    olive drab
    Was just trying to talk myself into one of those. Cool look
    i think so too. i think it would look cooler when it ages a bit, kind of like cornell's 335. i could put clear knobs and some thumb bleeders on it as an homage to him or something. i just want to hear what p-90s sound like through my amps. i have been waiting a long time for that, haha.