Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,612
    Pap said:

Are you doing this?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Pap said:

Are you doing this?
    No :smile: Just a heads-up for anyone in the UK who would like to undertake the challenge
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 640

5 weeks since the robinhood100 and the first opportunity to proudly wear the shirt!

I have to be honest the comedown has been shit 😂. Then the covid Infection, which at the time i didn't feel too poorly but has since left me feeling exhausted.

This little run means the world 👌
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,612
    edited October 2021
    Great that you were ok to get back out for a run!
    (And to pop on that shirt for the run.)
    Hope the recovery continues.

Put 15 in yesterday morning and am a bit sore today but will spend an hour + pushing the lawnmower around to loosen things up, shortly.  
    Set a few prs yesterday but pushed very hard to do so. Funny how some days are easy and some toss a handful of gravel at you.  :)

Put 15 in yesterday morning and am a bit sore today but will spend an hour + pushing the lawnmower around to loosen things up, shortly.  
    Set a few prs yesterday but pushed very hard to do so. Funny how some days are easy and some toss a handful of gravel at you.  :)

Just over 2 months before I start training again so just happy to slowly build back up to some kind of distance.

You've been getting some great mileage in. How you feeling overall? Aside from the usual next day soreness
    beano.79 said:

Just over 2 months before I start training again so just happy to slowly build back up to some kind of distance.

You've been getting some great mileage in. How you feeling overall? Aside from the usual next day soreness
    My mind and my cardio are quite good.
    My body is not loving me - icing and stretching activities are increasing to try and compensate.  
    I think if I were better at stretching that would make everything else better.  After I clear the 50k and then the 10k and Marathon over the next 40 or so days I will rest up and think more about the 50 mile goal for next year.
    Will my body be good for this?  Am I trashing my knees / overall body to help my mind?  (And, if so, am I better off focusing on the other five or so things I want to do, which can also help me....and continue to run but at low mileage....)

For now, follow the program, focus on what is right in front of me!

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    What are the dates of your 50k and marathon, F Me?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811
    beano.79 said:

5 weeks since the robinhood100 and the first opportunity to proudly wear the shirt!

I have to be honest the comedown has been shit 😂. Then the covid Infection, which at the time i didn't feel too poorly but has since left me feeling exhausted.

Awesome that you got to finally wear the shirt. That was a major accomplishment. And congrats on your run today. Small steps. However, to me, that is not much less than my normal 5-6 mile run. And you time was better than I do, and I didn't recently have Covid. But I have learned over time not to compare myself to you running maniacs (I am also looking at you F Me). You are guys are amazing with this.

I hope you are not as sore today. I know you have several events coming up. Awesome work!!!

What are the dates of your 50k and marathon, F Me?
    Oct 30 for 50k and Nov 21 for the Philadelphia Marathon.

Watched some of the Chicago Marathon, yesterday.  Those progressional runners are amazing.  Winner was 2:06 and, surprisingly, an American finished 2nd, only 30 seconds or so behind.  
    GlowGirl said:

I hope you are not as sore today. I know you have several events coming up. Awesome work!!!

Thanks.  Ended up doing about 3 hours of yardwork and felt much better after.  
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

Awesome that you got to finally wear the shirt. That was a major accomplishment. And congrats on your run today. Small steps. However, to me, that is not much less than my normal 5-6 mile run. And you time was better than I do, and I didn't recently have Covid. But I have learned over time not to compare myself to you running maniacs (I am also looking at you F Me). You are guys are amazing with this.
    Oh don't worry... You're a maniac too!
    For sure!
  • 3 weeks from my half marathon and now I have either an inner thigh strain, or another stress fracture in my pelvis..... I had to cut my long run short yesterday (tried to run through it, got to 8 miles and had to stop). 

Will try to rest this week and see how it feels this weekend. So frustrating to get injured this close to the race.
    That is rough stuff, sorry to learn of it.  Hope you feel better, quickly.
    I trained for three+ months and ran a marathon last year with a torn tendon in my ankle.  I didn't have it looked at until after the run, just focused on pain mgmt and the goal
    Hope you can still get your run in without further damaging your body.
  • That is rough stuff, sorry to learn of it.  Hope you feel better, quickly.
    I trained for three+ months and ran a marathon last year with a torn tendon in my ankle.  I didn't have it looked at until after the run, just focused on pain mgmt and the goal
    Hope you can still get your run in without further damaging your body.
    Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's a stress fracture again, feels really similar to the last one. I plan on managing it for 3 weeks and getting through my race, then taking off running until it's fully healed. If it is another stress fracture,  I need to figure out why it keeps happening.  Before last year I never had any broken bones or fractures. If this is indeed another stress fracture, it will be my 2nd in just over a year. 
    That stinks.  I self diagnosed a stress fracture in my foot early last year.  Never got that confirmed but part of it was that I didn't want to stop.  Had to take about 3-4 weeks off.  
    Your pelvis sounds like a scary area to have one of these in - hope it is a muscle strain, instead!

• Day 2 of no running, feeling a bit better, hopefully if I hold off until Sunday I am able to do my long run 
    Day 2 of no running, feeling a bit better, hopefully if I hold off until Sunday I am able to do my long run 

Good to hear -- hopefully you can go nice and easy on Sunday.

I had a short run today (tapering) - a nice, quick, 5 miles.  Was cold out but I had a really good run going (for me) during the 2nd and 3rd miles and got a bit of a sweat despite the cold weather.  (41)  Was cooling down when I got back and both of my knees started barking. 
    Fucking things.  I ignored it, felt great to be able to run hard and stop at a reasonable distance.  :lol:      
    Day 2 of no running, feeling a bit better, hopefully if I hold off until Sunday I am able to do my long run 
    I am glad you are feeling better. Good luck with the run!

I had a short run today (tapering) - a nice, quick, 5 miles.  Was cold out but I had a really good run going (for me) during the 2nd and 3rd miles and got a bit of a sweat despite the cold weather.  (41)  Was cooling down when I got back and both of my knees started barking. 
    Fucking things.  I ignored it, felt great to be able to run hard and stop at a reasonable distance.  :lol:      
    "Reasonable distance" is my mantra :lol:

GlowGirl said:

Others think 6 miles a day is crazy, ya know!  ;)
  • GlowGirl said:

Lol, true.

I am having running withdrawals, I was up to 60 miles a week the last few weeks, my easy days were 6 miles. I have to make myself holdout until Sunday though, don't want to aggrevate this much. 

Good luck with your upcoming race
    GlowGirl said:

Lol, true.

I am having running withdrawals, I was up to 60 miles a week the last few weeks, my easy days were 6 miles. I have to make myself holdout until Sunday though, don't want to aggrevate this much. 

Thanks -- I felt the same after running the 4 miles scheduled, this morning.  Feel like I cheated or something....lol.
  • GlowGirl said:

Lol, true.

Thanks -- I felt the same after running the 4 miles scheduled, this morning.  Feel like I cheated or something....lol.
    I had to talk myself out of running today. Just 3 more days until I try it out on a 16-17 mile run. I hope it goes well
    GlowGirl said:

Lol, true.

I had to talk myself out of running today. Just 3 more days until I try it out on a 16-17 mile run. I hope it goes well
    Good luck!! I know how that feels making yourself take a day off. It is hard when you really want to run.

4 miles at around 7:50 pace yesterday. Legs felt good but the lungs still need the work. So I think I'll keep it short and on the quicker side for a few weeks. Actually a  nice change from the 6 hour training runs! 😂
    beano.79 said:
    4 miles at around 7:50 pace yesterday. Legs felt good but the lungs still need the work. So I think I'll keep it short and on the quicker side for a few weeks. Actually a  nice change from the 6 hour training runs! 😂

Strong work! 
    Have a very light week leading up to the 50k on Saturday.  Calling for rain all day.  Isn't that lovely.  Cold and Rain = fun to run!
    Hoping it will happen faster since it says rain on Fri/Sat and if it pushes out it is still likely to get me on Saturday.

beano.79 said:

Strong work! 
    Have a very light week leading up to the 50k on Saturday.  Calling for rain all day.  Isn't that lovely.  Cold and Rain = fun to run!
    Hoping it will happen faster since it says rain on Fri/Sat and if it pushes out it is still likely to get me on Saturday.

I'd take that over the sun and heat any day! Looking forward to hearing how it goes 👌 how you feeling about it?