Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 660
    I think I'll take the weekend off running and enjoy some family time. I have the 24 hour run in June and there was a race in may I was interested in but avoided due to the races I already had, so I'll consider doing that.

And yes, I think I'll have a beer or 2 😁
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Hurt a muscle in my back (next to my shoulder blade) doing push ups yesterday.   Now, it is painful to take deep breaths, or deep enough to expand my rib cage.  Made it lots of fun to run.  :)
    Also, having done my water only fast this week I had nothing in the tank.  Once I got to 4-5 miles I was shot
    Shut it down at 6.  May run again tomorrow.   

Did go and buy a new pair of 1080s.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    Hurt a muscle in my back (next to my shoulder blade) doing push ups yesterday.   Now, it is painful to take deep breaths, or deep enough to expand my rib cage.  Made it lots of fun to run.  :)
    Also, having done my water only fast this week I had nothing in the tank.  Once I got to 4-5 miles I was shot

I hope you feel better soon. When I had that pain in my rib it also hurt to breathe. I still get a twinge once in a while but it is basically healed. Your run today sounded difficult. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. I ran 5 miles today. I am still keeping my time under a 10 minute mile, which is good for me. That was my goal. Now I need to set a new one. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Awesome!  What sort of goal are you thinking about?
    Frequency?
    Distance?
    Time?
    Feel?
  • Options

New 1080s.... That is some good news!!

Hope the muscle feels better in the coming days.

I decided to enter a 40 miler in May as part of my training for the 24 hour effort. Still gutted this weekend didn't work out, but I've had a Guinness or 2, mini golf with the wife a kiddo and Chinese food. Will probably run tomorrow
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I hope you feel better soon. When I had that pain in my rib it also hurt to breathe. I still get a twinge once in a while but it is basically healed. Your run today sounded difficult. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. I ran 5 miles today. I am still keeping my time under a 10 minute mile, which is good for me. That was my goal. Now I need to set a new one. 
    Great job 👍 what are you thinking goal-wise? Faster pace or longer distance?
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

I decided to enter a 40 miler in May as part of my training for the 24 hour effort. Still gutted this weekend didn't work out, but I've had a Guinness or 2, mini golf with the wife a kiddo and Chinese food. Will probably run tomorrow
    Way to make good stuff out of bad stuff!
    (And, yeah, always good to get some new kicks.  Crazy how quickly we go through shoes.)
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Way to make good stuff out of bad stuff!
    (And, yeah, always good to get some new kicks.  Crazy how quickly we go through shoes.)
    Have you seen the new balance fresh foam more? They are a step up in cushioning from the 1080s. Literally 'more' I have a pair for my much longer efforts that aren't so 'trail'

The cushioning is maybe firmer than the 1080s but much more of it
  • Options
    Haven't tried but will check out
  • Options
    Out visiting the wife's family in Czech Republic, always nice running out here, lots of hills. Got 15 miles in this morning
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Out visiting the wife's family in Czech Republic, always nice running out here, lots of hills. Got 15 miles in this morning
    Nice. I had fun visiting there last summer, despite the Pearl Jam cancellation. Did you drink beer instead of water on your run  ;)
  • Options
    Nice - hope you enjoy the visit.

Up in Vermont visiting family....ran 8 miles, just above freezing, in the rain, yesterday.  Was also hungover.  Felt good to get that in.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    Nice. I had fun visiting there last summer, despite the Pearl Jam cancellation. Did you drink beer instead of water on your run  ;)
    I did have 1 or 2 too many last night 😂

I am definitely well fed and watered while I'm here!
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,307
    From my run this morning 
  • Options
    Jeebus
  • Options
    I hit 1000 km for the year today. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • Options
    Looks like we have a tour announcement coming this week, probably tomorrow!
  • Options

Last run here in Czech before we fly home Monday morning.

How is everyone getting on?
  • Options
    Nice run!
    9 miles, slow and easy, today.
    Calf is still very tender but held up ok, today.
  • Options
    I bet Czech was amazing!
  • Options
    I am glad everyone is doing well. I took a week off. I had hurt my back last week in a freak fall. I tripped on my laundry bag walking backwards in my room and on the way down to landing on my butt the middle of my back hit the corner of a wooden poster frame that was sticking out from my closet. It hurt really bad for a few days. That happened last Saturday and I was able to finally run yesterday. But it is still sore so am taking the rest of the weekend off. So stupid. But I least I didn’t hit my head on it. 
  • Options
    Ouch 😔 so, even though this sounds totally your own fault, I hope you verbally abused and blamed said picture frame. 😂

Seriously, I hope you're OK and pain free soon.
  • Options
    Nice run!
    9 miles, slow and easy, today.
    Calf is still very tender but held up ok, today.
    See how it reacts to the run, but 9 miles is a good tester and sounds like it went OK.

It's great to visit the family in Czech but just so....much.....food ....
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    10 miles today.
    Have a 10 miler in 2 weeks.  Me and 35,000 others, through the city of Philadelphia. 
    Did ok for the same distance.  Take a minute per mile off on race day and I'll be well pleased.  (Think I can do that if things go well.)

One are of concern as far as race shape....I'm off on my annual fishing trip with buddies this week.  Will be 100 miles out on the ocean one day, and in the bayou the rest of the time.  No way to run.
    Instead, I will drink from dawn till I conk out each night.  Lol.

Oh well.  Gotta live life.  Would have planned better timing but this is when my buds were available to meet up.

Since Mrs Fme was traveling, the 8 year old came with me and I had to do the 10 miles on a track.  He ran with me for a while and played soccer, football,  and baseball in the fields next to / in middle of track while I ran.
    The cool part was that I stopped at 9 miles and challenged him to a race, 1/4 mile loop on the track, in opposite directions.  I beat him by about 10 feet.  Damn.  I went all out.  Ran it in probably 135.  I was tired from the 9 miles to that point but i was going easy so had enough left to work it.  And he nearly beat me.  I'm getting old....but so is he.
    He was very encouraged that he can almost beat me.  

What are you all doing for running this week/weekend?
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    10 miles today.
    Have a 10 miler in 2 weeks.  Me and 35,000 others, through the city of Philadelphia. 
    Did ok for the same distance.  Take a minute per mile off on race day and I'll be well pleased.  (Think I can do that if things go well.)

One are of concern as far as race shape....I'm off on my annual fishing trip with buddies this week.  Will be 100 miles out on the ocean one day, and in the bayou the rest of the time.  No way to run.
    Instead, I will drink from dawn till I conk out each night.  Lol.

Oh well.  Gotta live life.  Would have planned better timing but this is when my buds were available to meet up.

Since Mrs Fme was traveling, the 8 year old came with me and I had to do the 10 miles on a track.  He ran with me for a while and played soccer, football,  and baseball in the fields next to / in middle of track while I ran.
    The cool part was that I stopped at 9 miles and challenged him to a race, 1/4 mile loop on the track, in opposite directions.  I beat him by about 10 feet.  Damn.  I went all out.  Ran it in probably 135.  I was tired from the 9 miles to that point but i was going easy so had enough left to work it.  And he nearly beat me.  I'm getting old....but so is he.
    He was very encouraged that he can almost beat me.  

What are you all doing for running this week/weekend?
    Sounds like you are doing great. Have fun on your trip. I did my usual 5 miles today. Nothing as exciting as your little race with your son. That is adorable. 
  • Options
    Thanks and good job!
  • Options
    Quiet in here lately. Hopefully most are making plans for some of the shows this fall!

I plan on hitting Noblesville. Where is everyone else planning on going?

I have a HM coming up next Saturday, taper week this week. Don't think I'll get sub 1:30, but with better execution than my fall HM I think I'll be close.
  • Options
    Hey. I am trying for Chicago, MN, and Austin. I guess we will see. Good luck with the half. I am just doing my normal runs. Keep us posted. 
  • Options
    I'm in England so I'm free of the stress of ticket chasing for now 😂 

Running-wise I'm ticking over until my 24 hour race in about 7 weeks. I'm kind of well trained from the cancelled race in march so I'm trying to balance maintaining that whilst avoiding over doing it and causing injury 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Hey. I am trying for Chicago, MN, and Austin. I guess we will see. Good luck with the half. I am just doing my normal runs. Keep us posted. 
    Good luck on the ticket draws today and tomorrow!