Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • This one is on the way

Cool Chet Atkins. I need to get a gretsch. i had one a few years back, but sold it. 
  • BO175983 said:
    This one is on the way

Cool Chet Atkins. I need to get a gretsch. i had one a few years back, but sold it. 

It was tough call between the Country Gentleman and then the models with the Filtertron pickups.   I liked the look of this one better than the country gentleman and then this model was the one in stock at Sweetwater. 

Went a little crazy the last two days and got a used Gibson Les Paul Special (tv yellow), Squire 70's Jaguar, and a G&L Deluxe ASAT Special (tele style).  This damn no interest financing. 

• BO175983 said:
    This one is on the way

It was tough call between the Country Gentleman and then the models with the Filtertron pickups.   I liked the look of this one better than the country gentleman and then this model was the one in stock at Sweetwater. 

Went a little crazy the last two days and got a used Gibson Les Paul Special (tv yellow), Squire 70's Jaguar, and a G&L Deluxe ASAT Special (tele style).  This damn no interest financing. 

yep i hear ya… did you get the others on reverb?

• BO175983 said:
    BO175983 said:
    This one is on the way

yep i hear ya… did you get the others on reverb?

Just the used Gibson on reverb. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    This one is on the way

Very very nice!  That's a jazz guitar?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    This one is on the way

Very very nice!  That's a jazz guitar?
    I would say more like a country/western guitar and rock. 
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181

I’m new to this thread…. 
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro V in Blueberry Burst. 
    Martin 000-15 Streetmaster 
    EVH Wolfgang signature USA Stealth Black
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    BO175983 said:
    This one is on the way

Now you can play some Glorified G! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    This one is on the way

Badass!!! I have an Electromatic and I absolutely love it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    mfc2006 said:
    This one is on the way

Badass!!! I have an Electromatic and I absolutely love it.
    The Gretsch’s are awesome.  Great look to them.  
    BO175983 said:
    This one is on the way

Now you can play some Glorified G! 
    Right on!  
    This one arrives tomorrow.  It is a 1974 Les Paul Signature gold top semi-hollow.  I saw Stone using on practically 70% of the songs for the four shows so I thought I would track one down.  First “vintage” guitar I have purchased.  

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    This one arrives tomorrow.  It is a 1974 Les Paul Signature gold top semi-hollow.  I saw Stone using on practically 70% of the songs for the four shows so I thought I would track one down.  First “vintage” guitar I have purchased.  

Badass!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I had a Riviera with Bigsby for a few years, it is a bad ass guitar, but I just couldn't get comfortable playing it because of its size on me and the guitar strap pinned to the back of the guitar. Traded it in for my first Telecaster 'Player Series' and have been SO satisfied!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Well folks, I will be trying to learn guitar (again, kinda). 

I had a fairly cheap orange sunburst looking Ibanez bass guitar around 2010 and that lasted, well, maybe two weeks and it collected dust until I sold it. Wrong place, wrong time and a bit impulsive I guess. (Still dont know why I chose bass either? but I did lol) 

I also took a guitar class in high school for a semester and I really enjoyed it. Cheap acoustic guitars, but great for learning and I am still kicking myself for not sticking with it and building on what I learned. 

Fast forward to now, I have more free time and more interest and will to practice. 

So I am buying this bad boy! The Squier Paranormal Baritone Cabronita Telecaster. 

After watching a bunch of videos I loved the way it sounds and I like the more ominous vibes it gives off I guess you could say. And on top of that I am thrilled with the looks as I have always loved Johnny Stevens of Highly Suspect KingBee Tele and this gives me those vibes. 

Now I just need a tortoise pickguard… 

When I get up to a decent level down the line, I already have a wishlist made:
    -Dustin Kensrue signature Ernie Ball Stingray
    -white SG (dunno which, just love the looks) 

Anyways, this should be a fun little journey!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    I had a Riviera with Bigsby for a few years, it is a bad ass guitar, but I just couldn't get comfortable playing it because of its size on me and the guitar strap pinned to the back of the guitar. Traded it in for my first Telecaster 'Player Series' and have been SO satisfied!! 
    Nice!  The Riveria does look like a badass guitar.   Can’t go wrong with a Tele.  Those MIM guitars are great and don’t cost a fortune.
    Well folks, I will be trying to learn guitar (again, kinda). 

I had a fairly cheap orange sunburst looking Ibanez bass guitar around 2010 and that lasted, well, maybe two weeks and it collected dust until I sold it. Wrong place, wrong time and a bit impulsive I guess. (Still dont know why I chose bass either? but I did lol) 

I also took a guitar class in high school for a semester and I really enjoyed it. Cheap acoustic guitars, but great for learning and I am still kicking myself for not sticking with it and building on what I learned. 

Fast forward to now, I have more free time and more interest and will to practice. 

So I am buying this bad boy! The Squier Paranormal Baritone Cabronita Telecaster. 

After watching a bunch of videos I loved the way it sounds and I like the more ominous vibes it gives off I guess you could say. And on top of that I am thrilled with the looks as I have always loved Johnny Stevens of Highly Suspect KingBee Tele and this gives me those vibes. 

Now I just need a tortoise pickguard… 

When I get up to a decent level down the line, I already have a wishlist made:
    -Dustin Kensrue signature Ernie Ball Stingray
    -white SG (dunno which, just love the looks) 

Anyways, this should be a fun little journey!
    Very exciting and a sweet looking guitar.  There are so many free resources and YouTube videos to learn from that will hopefully make it more fun.  I remember when I took lessons in the 90's it would be 15 minutes on theory/chords and then 15 minutes where I would bring in a song I wanted to learn and then the teacher would either have a Guitar World with the tab or learn it by ear real quick and teach it to me. Now you just type the song into YouTube and you got someone to teach it to you.  
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    ^Very true! YouTube has everything. Looking forward to i
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just arrived. 

First ever new guitar. And first Gibson. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    That is sweet.  Love the color.  Enjoy!
    Are the pickups supposed to move? I can push them down. I mean, they pop back up into place, but the pickups on my Strat and cheap short-scale bass are stationary.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dankind said:
    Are the pickups supposed to move? I can push them down. I mean, they pop back up into place, but the pickups on my Strat and cheap short-scale bass are stationary.
    Great guitar. And yes the p90s either have a piece of foam or a spring under each screw so that you can dial the pickup up or down.  The higher the pickup the lower you will be able to push it down.  Congratulations on the LP Special...imo the ultimate guitar!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    dankind said:
    Great guitar. And yes the p90s either have a piece of foam or a spring under each screw so that you can dial the pickup up or down.  The higher the pickup the lower you will be able to push it down.  Congratulations on the LP Special...imo the ultimate guitar!
    Thanks. Just plugged it into my Orange Micro Terror, and it sounds fine.

Still getting acquainted with electric guitars.

When my son started playing, I insisted that he learn on an acoustic because they're "more difficult" to play, so I thought it would make him a better player.

I'd like to get in a wayback machine and slap that clueless dad in the mouth about as hard as his son probably wanted to at the time.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Haha. The acoustics don't hide mistakes like an electric can so it was good advice.  But an electric can be more fun and less discouraging early on.  
    dankind said:
    Just arrived. 

Gorgeous! Happy playing!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    dankind said:
    Just arrived. 

Wow-Nice!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited October 2021
    Ace axe there. What’s the model? I see I had some kinda signature logo on the truss rod cover. 

Had my eye on this one. Popped open on the Gibson Demo shop on Reverb and sold fast. Might just buy one and convert the cosmetics.

Post edited by DewieCox on
    NEweather said:
    dankind said:
    Just arrived. 

Wow-Nice!
    They made it for students (and parents of students :wink: ) at School of Rock to purchase at a discount as their first forever guitar. 

They made 100 in this initial run. I actually got 1 of 100. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Cool!! Dig the gold hardware. Thought that was glare in the pics. Nice touch on a bare bones rocker.