Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• I got a question for Ohana veterans. I got an email for my shuttle for encore weekend. It says Weekend on the pass, but when I put it on my digital wallet on my phone it only says October 1, along with weekend shuttle pass. Will it scan both days or should I expect another email with one that has October 2 on it?
    If you look at the printable copy (.PDF) attached to the email it shows it works both days. Should be good to go. 

I’m still looking for info on parking at the shuttle location. It appears there is plenty around those office buildings (Fluor is in there) but my question is can festival attendees actually park there? People generally work on Friday so not sure there is ample room and many of these places forbid unauthorized parking 
    Well reading stuff you received would probably be a good thing. I didn’t even really look at the pdf. 🙄thanks. I am curious about parking there too. I am driving from my hotel in Oceanside to get there, so it would be nice to know. I would think that we would have to be able to park there or what would be the point of having a shuttle pick us up there? I have taken shuttles to other events and you could always park at the shuttle site. 
  • I got a question for Ohana veterans. I got an email for my shuttle for encore weekend. It says Weekend on the pass, but when I put it on my digital wallet on my phone it only says October 1, along with weekend shuttle pass. Will it scan both days or should I expect another email with one that has October 2 on it?
    If you look at the printable copy (.PDF) attached to the email it shows it works both days. Should be good to go. 

I’m still looking for info on parking at the shuttle location. It appears there is plenty around those office buildings (Fluor is in there) but my question is can festival attendees actually park there? People generally work on Friday so not sure there is ample room and many of these places forbid unauthorized parking 
    Well reading stuff you received would probably be a good thing. I didn’t even really look at the pdf. 🙄thanks. I am curious about parking there too. I am driving from my hotel in Oceanside to get there, so it would be nice to know. I would think that we would have to be able to park there or what would be the point of having a shuttle pick us up there? I have taken shuttles to other events and you could always park at the shuttle site. 
    When the shuttle was at the Outlets, there was a ton of free parking. I'm sure it will be the same at the office complex, a lot of people are still working remote, so I can't imagine that parking will be an issue on Friday. Wouldn't make sense if they sold the shuttle pass but didn't have parking for everyone who bought. I think that's actually why shuttle passes sold out this year, in the past you could buy shuttle passes day of at the Outlets. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    RiotAct10 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    Can't believe wristbands are selling for half price.  Thought every U.S. fan would want to be at Encore.
    I wonder how many people going to the first weekend, already had flights home booked, and couldn't justify going right back. I am doing that! But I am sure a lot of people couldn't turn right back around to get another flight, hotel, time of work, etc. And there wasn't a great deal of notice perhaps, compared to how these things usally go.
    Makes sense.  We ended up deciding that it was actually cheaper to stay the week (more AirBNB options with longer stays) than to fly back to Chicago for 3 days and then head back to SNA, but my brother and I both don't have kids and can work from anywhere, which are big factors for others I'm sure.  I thought the "festival" is turning people who have never been to Ohana off, but this makes sense too. 

I do have kids and am very fortunate to have parents who will watch them for us the first weekend. For the second weekend, when I sold it to my wife that we could bring the kids, and she could take them to Disneyland while I go to the shows solo, I was all set!
    I love the negotiations....did you win the battle but put yourself in a position to lose the war?  At $160 for a one day ticket at Disneyland (presume 2 kids and a wife) $480/day x 2= $960....plus travel costs ....may have been cheaper to just pay for the couples therapy....
    :)

No war lost. She loves Disney, but has only been to Disneyworld in Florida. This trip is a win/win! 
    I'm in the same boat as you. I had to pitch Disney to get the kid to come. Would have preferred to do the 72 hour Canadian trip!
    Question for LA Uber travellors...

Will an Uber driver take me through a no appointed needed covid drive through test after leaving Dana Point on way to Disneyland?
    ....or....
    Is it better to book an appointment instead some other time after hotel change?
  • BH3263 said:
    I got a question for Ohana veterans. I got an email for my shuttle for encore weekend. It says Weekend on the pass, but when I put it on my digital wallet on my phone it only says October 1, along with weekend shuttle pass. Will it scan both days or should I expect another email with one that has October 2 on it?

When the shuttle was at the Outlets, there was a ton of free parking. I'm sure it will be the same at the office complex, a lot of people are still working remote, so I can't imagine that parking will be an issue on Friday. Wouldn't make sense if they sold the shuttle pass but didn't have parking for everyone who bought. I think that's actually why shuttle passes sold out this year, in the past you could buy shuttle passes day of at the Outlets. 
    Working remotely. Of course. Most folks aren’t in the office so the lots will be virtually empty. Perfect. Even though I have been working the office portion of my job from home for most of the past 18 months that somehow didn’t cross my mind lol
    tish said:
    Question for LA Uber travellors...

Will an Uber driver take me through a no appointed needed covid drive through test after leaving Dana Point on way to Disneyland?
    ....or....
    Is it better to book an appointment instead some other time after hotel change?
    Found back-up walk-in place in case drivers (taxi or uber) won't offer this service.  
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    Has anyone else not received their shuttle pass for encore weekend yet? Wondering if I need to reach out to them. 
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,311
    I'm confused -- I received the wristbands last week, then yesterday two "digital tickets for fulfillment" even in an email as well as an PDF with shuttle passes.

Are the "digital tickets" to enter the venue? Or can I get into the actual show with just the wristbands?

"They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    steven87 said:
    Has anyone else not received their shuttle pass for encore weekend yet? Wondering if I need to reach out to them. 
    I got mine yesterday

check your junk mail folder...email is from  noreply@frontgatetickets.com
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    No reply and frontgate tickets is a fitting combo lol. 
    steven87 said:
    I got mine yesterday

check your junk mail folder...email is from  noreply@frontgatetickets.com
    And there they are. Thanks!
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Ryan_WFC said:
    I'm confused -- I received the wristbands last week, then yesterday two "digital tickets for fulfillment" even in an email as well as an PDF with shuttle passes.

Are the "digital tickets" to enter the venue? Or can I get into the actual show with just the wristbands?

Your wristband if for the festival, the digital pass the shuttle pass it should be a printable barcoded pass. If anyone wants a shuttle pass I have one for each weekend . Pretty sure they are for 1 day each weekend. Dont think theyre full weekend passes I don’t remember what they said 
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,311
    Ryan_WFC said:

Your wristband if for the festival, the digital pass the shuttle pass it should be a printable barcoded pass. If anyone wants a shuttle pass I have one for each weekend . Pretty sure they are for 1 day each weekend. Dont think theyre full weekend passes I don’t remember what they said 
    Thanks! That's what I figured, but this part confused me: "Attached is your digital ticket for Fulfillment Event. Please present this ticket at the entrance to the event."
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • demaydemay Posts: 67
    edited September 2021
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Fuck

my bracelets are delayed until tomorrow
    i fly out tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

They shouldn’t have cut these shipments so close, I’m sure I can talk to customer service there… but why waste my time 😡
    Dont sweat it man. I flew to Jersey on Friday and my wristband arrived 2 hours after I landed.

Just go up to will call EARLY and have your order # and ID and you'll be all set. Was quick and easy.
    I agree

but still…. Between these (2) weekends I handed over $1400 plus

shouldve been here last week the latest 
    Haha, thats a whole other topic and I agree with you 100%. They needed to ship these things a month earlier than they did. 
    Im in a similar situation.  My wristbands supposedly shipped a week ago, and are still "delayed".  Tracking hasn't updated for several days, and I'm leaving tonight (making a long trip out of it). If they wanted to mail them close to the date, they should've have sprung for a more expensive shipping option, rather than just "first class with tracking."  There are so many more options for shipping, which do not cost that much more, and are much more reliable.  If anyone who manages this situation is monitoring this, please consider this suggestion.  The result of going with one of the cheaper options, is you'll have a long line of people waiting hours at will call. That's easily avoidable.  At the very least, maybe someone can relay to Frontgate to have plenty of staff at will call so that people don't have to wait in line that long.  It's already going to be a long day, and we need people to be calm and safe for the whole day. 
    Post edited by demay on
  • If I’m staying in Laguna both nights, you think I can drive down CA-1 and get close to Dana to park? Or should I just Uber/Lyft it?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    By "Laguna," do you mean Laguna Beach? Laguna Hills? Laguna Niguel? Because they are different towns.

From Laguna Niguel, I would go with Uber/Lyft. The others, I don't know.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    If I’m staying in Laguna both nights, you think I can drive down CA-1 and get close to Dana to park? Or should I just Uber/Lyft it?
    That's my plan, but it depends on what you consider close. We did that 2 years ago and walked about 15 - 20 minutes to the front gate. That shuttle line at the end of the night looked miserable. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Laguna Beach. Yeah, I want nothing to do with that shuttle lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    Out last minute plan, an add to a trip to Hawaii.  Land at LGB at 4pm on SAT 10/2, drive down to Dana and look for a parking spot within a mile or 2 (really only looking to see/hear PJ), possibly find a restaurant nearby.  Spend the night near SAN airport, flying out SUN morning.   
  • dmbolp said:
    Out last minute plan, an add to a trip to Hawaii.  Land at LGB at 4pm on SAT 10/2, drive down to Dana and look for a parking spot within a mile or 2 (really only looking to see/hear PJ), possibly find a restaurant nearby.  Spend the night near SAN airport, flying out SUN morning.   
    Good luck with that.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    edited September 2021
    Just got the Beachfront Inn and Suites at Dana Point for SAT 10/2 for $296 a mile from the venue and on the beach on Hotels.com...and moving our SAT flight to arrive at LGB at 11am instead of 4pm...happy with that
  • dmbolp said:
    Just got the Beachfront Inn and Suites at Dana Point for SAT 10/2 for $296 a mile from the venue and on the beach on Hotels.com...and moving our SAT flight to arrive at LGB at 11am instead of 4pm...happy with that
    That sounds good.  Well done! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • I am thinking about ditching the shuttle and finding some street parking about a mile or so away and walking. How far from the festival do I need to get before street parking isn't overwhelmed? 
  • So I have VIP, and at least the way I read it:

(1 Complimentary round-trip shuttle pass to/from Ohana Encore and the shuttle stop located at 1 Polaris Way, Aliso Viejo, CA 926565)

That it would be good for the weekend, like both days. Am I correct here or?
    I am thinking about ditching the shuttle and finding some street parking about a mile or so away and walking. How far from the festival do I need to get before street parking isn't overwhelmed? 
    I’m thinking of doing the same. I was planning on getting there mid to late morning and starting to look for parking. Anyone have any ideas about street parking, garages, etc. within a mile or two walk of the venue?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited September 2021
    Have fun fellas!   

We originally had a room booked at that Hilton right near Dana for the 2020 edition but it’s tough in the covid world with young ones.  Hopefully next year. 

3 days of Ed!   That’s insane.  Can’t wait to follow along on here.  (I hope Tom Jones is going!)

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Have fun fellas!   

We originally had a room booked at that Hilton right near Dana for the 2020 edition but it’s tough in the covid world with young ones.  Hopefully next year. 

3 days of Ed!   That’s insane.  Can’t wait to follow along on here.  (I hope Tom Jones is going!)

I hope so too! Haha!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • steven87 said:
    I am thinking about ditching the shuttle and finding some street parking about a mile or so away and walking. How far from the festival do I need to get before street parking isn't overwhelmed? 
    I’m thinking of doing the same. I was planning on getting there mid to late morning and starting to look for parking. Anyone have any ideas about street parking, garages, etc. within a mile or two walk of the venue?
    My flight arrives in San Diego at 11:25, so by the time I get my rental car, check into the hotel and make it there it will probably be mid afternoon. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Anyone looking for a 2-night stay? I've got 10/01 - 10/03 at the Best Western Capistrano Inn about 3.4 miles from the venue. Willing to add your name to the res & let you have it. No money has been paid, so you'd settle at the desk. Looks to be about $250 total (249.90, before fees). Figured I'd throw it out there before I cancelled.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    I’m excited for all you guys hitting the shows the next two weekends!  Have a blast =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore