• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited September 2021
    anyone can go to this one
    .go....dont miss it 
    👀
     Gonna be a spicy weekend?
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • wsimon74 said:
    Kansas said:
    I am so upset- I just got scammed by someone selling tickets to encore on IG. Damn! Supposed to be my husband and my first PJ show on our 20th anniversary. 
    If someone named Tyler Hinson tries selling you tickets - it’s a scam. I feel like an idiot- I’m way too trusting. If anyone is selling encore weekend cheap, let me know. 
    Same thing happened to me at the last Ohana, and I had to fight to get my money back.  I have a couple of Encore weekend passes available if you are still looking.  I also have a hotel reservation about a mile from Doheny that I will be canceling as soon as I sell the wristbands.
    Which hotel out of curiosity? I have passes, but might want to change hotels
    Residence Inn Dana Point
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I dont think these will be typical festival shows. I think that is Ohana 1 and SHN since that's how they were booked and sold originally. I Feel like these two have potential for PJ30 vibes! Super pumped
    That's what I'm hoping... 3 festival shows in a row would be rough 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Anyone seen their Encore bands yet? 
  • Anyone seen their Encore bands yet? 
    Mine arrived this past Friday. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    I had 2 orders.. got the single I ordered for someone but my 2 day hasn't shown up
    I had 2 orders.. got the single I ordered for someone but my 2 day hasn't shown up
    Mine was a weekend pass. Initially the tracking said it would be here today, but it ended up arriving a few days earlier. 
    Got mine yesterday. My SHN didn't show up until I was already in NJ. Suggest getting to will call early if they don't show up. It was like a merch line 2.0
  • Anyone know when PJ is expected to go on, on the 1st and 2nd? Thanks
  • jh288035 said:
    Anyone know when PJ is expected to go on, on the 1st and 2nd? Thanks

8 to 10:50, I would guess. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Has anyone received the email with your digital shuttle passes yet? If not when are they usually emailed to you? 
    Also curious if the email includes parking information for folks at the shuttle pick up/drop off location. 
  • thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 331
    edited September 2021
    This arrived today. First two PJ shows, there by myself. See you all there!!
    Post edited by thomascbullock on
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I finally received mine yesterday.  It's for sale, below face and I will cover speedy shipping to get it out before the show.  PM me
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Selling (2) Encore Weekend Bands for 1/2 price or best offer 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Can't believe wristbands are selling for half price.  Thought every U.S. fan would want to be at Encore.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    Can't believe wristbands are selling for half price.  Thought every U.S. fan would want to be at Encore.
    I wonder how many people going to the first weekend, already had flights home booked, and couldn't justify going right back. I am doing that! But I am sure a lot of people couldn't turn right back around to get another flight, hotel, time of work, etc. And there wasn't a great deal of notice perhaps, compared to how these things usally go.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    I definitely want to be there. It is killing me that I am not going. I am just not at a point where I want to fly across the country yet. After I got back from SHN, I really wanted to go, but sadly no.

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Hotel costs/availability were a killer. Luckily I reserved something on speculation before the announcement, but I definitely needed to look at finances to justify both weekends. If this was in a major city with easier travel options, it'd be an easy sellout. I have no issue with it being less crowded if that's the case though.

I'm sure after the first weekend we'll see more people interested in going to Encore, more people driving in, etc.
  • Can't believe wristbands are selling for half price.  Thought every U.S. fan would want to
    be at Encore.
    Me too! I bought a wristband for Encore Saturday from the site on an impulse, and now that I booked my flight it gets in early Friday so I’m thinking maybe I should go to both. Still haven’t figured out where to stay though. Like someone else said hotels anywhere near are limited and of course pricey. I’ll have to drive in and park or shuttle doing all that and solo is kind of a bummer I’d much rather walk but hotels are $700+ so it is what it is. 
    edited September 2021
    RiotAct10 said:
    I wonder how many people going to the first weekend, already had flights home booked, and couldn't justify going right back. I am doing that! But I am sure a lot of people couldn't turn right back around to get another flight, hotel, time of work, etc. And there wasn't a great deal of notice perhaps, compared to how these things usally go.
    Makes sense.  We ended up deciding that it was actually cheaper to stay the week (more AirBNB options with longer stays) than to fly back to Chicago for 3 days and then head back to SNA, but my brother and I both don't have kids and can work from anywhere, which are big factors for others I'm sure.  I thought the "festival" is turning people who have never been to Ohana off, but this makes sense too. 

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    RiotAct10 said:
    Makes sense.  We ended up deciding that it was actually cheaper to stay the week (more AirBNB options with longer stays) than to fly back to Chicago for 3 days and then head back to SNA, but my brother and I both don't have kids and can work from anywhere, which are big factors for others I'm sure.  I thought the "festival" is turning people who have never been to Ohana off, but this makes sense too. 

I do have kids and am very fortunate to have parents who will watch them for us the first weekend. For the second weekend, when I sold it to my wife that we could bring the kids, and she could take them to Disneyland while I go to the shows solo, I was all set!

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
    RiotAct10 said:
    RiotAct10 said:

I do have kids and am very fortunate to have parents who will watch them for us the first weekend. For the second weekend, when I sold it to my wife that we could bring the kids, and she could take them to Disneyland while I go to the shows solo, I was all set!
    Well played!

• RiotAct10 said:
    RiotAct10 said:

I love the negotiations....did you win the battle but put yourself in a position to lose the war?  At $160 for a one day ticket at Disneyland (presume 2 kids and a wife) $480/day x 2= $960....plus travel costs ....may have been cheaper to just pay for the couples therapy....
    :)

RiotAct10 said:
    RiotAct10 said:

I love the negotiations....did you win the battle but put yourself in a position to lose the war?  At $160 for a one day ticket at Disneyland (presume 2 kids and a wife) $480/day x 2= $960....plus travel costs ....may have been cheaper to just pay for the couples therapy....
    :)

No war lost. She loves Disney, but has only been to Disneyworld in Florida. This trip is a win/win! 

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Fuck

my bracelets are delayed until tomorrow
    i fly out tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

They shouldn’t have cut these shipments so close, I’m sure I can talk to customer service there… but why waste my time 😡
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Fuck

i fly out tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

They shouldn’t have cut these shipments so close, I’m sure I can talk to customer service there… but why waste my time 😡
    Dont sweat it man. I flew to Jersey on Friday and my wristband arrived 2 hours after I landed.

Just go up to will call EARLY and have your order # and ID and you'll be all set. Was quick and easy.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    CROJAM95 said:
    Fuck

i fly out tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

Dont sweat it man. I flew to Jersey on Friday and my wristband arrived 2 hours after I landed.

Just go up to will call EARLY and have your order # and ID and you'll be all set. Was quick and easy.
    I agree

but still…. Between these (2) weekends I handed over $1400 plus

shouldve been here last week the latest 
  • CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Fuck

i fly out tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

I agree

but still…. Between these (2) weekends I handed over $1400 plus

shouldve been here last week the latest 
    Haha, thats a whole other topic and I agree with you 100%. They needed to ship these things a month earlier than they did. 
  • I got a question for Ohana veterans. I got an email for my shuttle for encore weekend. It says Weekend on the pass, but when I put it on my digital wallet on my phone it only says October 1, along with weekend shuttle pass. Will it scan both days or should I expect another email with one that has October 2 on it?
  • I got a question for Ohana veterans. I got an email for my shuttle for encore weekend. It says Weekend on the pass, but when I put it on my digital wallet on my phone it only says October 1, along with weekend shuttle pass. Will it scan both days or should I expect another email with one that has October 2 on it?
    If you look at the printable copy (.PDF) attached to the email it shows it works both days. Should be good to go. 

I’m still looking for info on parking at the shuttle location. It appears there is plenty around those office buildings (Fluor is in there) but my question is can festival attendees actually park there? People generally work on Friday so not sure there is ample room and many of these places forbid unauthorized parking