*** GUNS N' ROSES ***

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    @Spiritual_Chaos slash posted on tik tok (reportedly) that they soundchecked Hard Skool in chicago. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• @Spiritual_Chaos slash posted on tik tok (reportedly) that they soundchecked Hard Skool in chicago. 
    They keep soundchecking it (without Axl), but never play it. I think Axl soundchecked it with them in Mexico in 2020...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    For a band that has officially released 16 original songs (Oh My God + CD + Absurd) in 28 years, it's a total BS move to keep soundchecking and teasing this song.  Just release it already.  It should have been released instead of Absurd because it's a much better song, but I suspect they didn't do that because Axl will have difficulty singing it live.  It's a great song and reminiscent of You Could Be Mine (for me).
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Someone has found some old video footage:

"Hello everyone. I'm sorry to push this old thread up but I do have footage of 2 of those Marquee gigs.

I'm friends with the Quireboys, back then Queerboys, did a bit of roadie work and recorded them back in the days. The Marquee was like our 2nd living room for a while and they played the night after GNR's first night and GNR came to watch their gig which more or less got them the support spot a few months later at the Hammersmith.

I don't want to bore you so to shorten the story, I taped quite a lot of their first and second night at the Marquee and also the Hammersmith gig. I haven't checked the tapes in like 30 years and actually just dug them up 2 weeks ago. Also need to find a way to transfer the old tapes but if you guys are interested in the footage I'll put it up somewhere after I transferred them.

So let me know and I see what I can do."

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Went to the St Paul show last night. Quick takes:
    - Overall, it was fun. My first GNR show.
    - Ticket prices were significantly dropped. You could have got in the building for $30. We paid $150 for seats, seats in the same area were priced at $85.
    - Noticeable empty sections, but filled in. Local news reported around 11k in attendance in a 15k arena. 
    - Axl’s vocals were hit and miss. Sometimes it was spot on, other times it was not good, like rough. Still has a long way to go to the Vince Neil level of terrible.
    - Not sure about the inclusion of Glen Campbell’s Wichita Lineman in the set. It was very strange.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    - Ticket prices were significantly dropped. You could have got in the building for $30. We paid $150 for seats, seats in the same area were priced at $85.
    - Noticeable empty sections, but filled in. Local news reported around 11k in attendance in a 15k arena. 
    - Axl’s vocals were hit and miss. Sometimes it was spot on, other times it was not good, like rough. Still has a long way to go to the Vince Neil level of terrible.
    - Not sure about the inclusion of Glen Campbell’s Wichita Lineman in the set. It was very strange.
    I saw them in Indy and had purchased tickets pre-covid.  I paid around $100 each for 200 level seats but there were floor and 100 levels going for $85 day of show.  Plus there was a LOT of room in the pit.  Mostly off to the sides but I'm pretty sure PJ would have filled that area
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I saw them in Indy and had purchased tickets pre-covid.  I paid around $100 each for 200 level seats but there were floor and 100 levels going for $85 day of show.  Plus there was a LOT of room in the pit.  Mostly off to the sides but I'm pretty sure PJ would have filled that area
    I think the novelty of GnR coming back is about done.  Remember back in 17 or 18 they were filling stadiums.  Now it sounds like they struggle with arenas.  I saw them in Marlins stadium and it was packed. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mrussel1 said:
    I think the novelty of GnR coming back is about done.  Remember back in 17 or 18 they were filling stadiums.  Now it sounds like they struggle with arenas.  I saw them in Marlins stadium and it was packed. 
    Honestly it was the same show I saw in Chicago about 5 years ago.  Same video stuff at the beginning, pretty much the same setlist too.

And Axl doesn't sound that great...good enough I guess for most people.

We left after they played Sweet Child.  I couldn't stand to sit through Knockin, Nov Rain, Don't cry, patience, Wichita Lineman...fuck they even covered The Seeker at both shows I saw five years apart
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    yeah, they have to put out a new record or at least an EP at this point to keep this going. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Not In This Lifetime Tour is turning into Groundhog Day Tour. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Not In This Lifetime Tour is turning into Groundhog Day Tour. 
    Slash is releasing a new "solo" album and is touring that in spring. Guns is touring again next summer in Europe. So somewhere around then?
  • mrussel1 said:
    Honestly it was the same show I saw in Chicago about 5 years ago.  Same video stuff at the beginning, pretty much the same setlist too.

And Axl doesn't sound that great...good enough I guess for most people.

We left after they played Sweet Child.  I couldn't stand to sit through Knockin, Nov Rain, Don't cry, patience, Wichita Lineman...fuck they even covered The Seeker at both shows I saw five years apart
    I went to see Son Volt this past Saturday in Cincinnati. They covered The Seeker during their encore. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

Freedy Kreuger spin? Has zero to do with Columbus...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2021
    mickeyrat said:

Ofc it has. Simplest connection in the world -- Ohio

"Springwood, Ohio is the town in which the events of the A Nightmare on Elm Street films takes place."

Some people here need to sign up for a film course or two. 

COME ON PEOPLE! 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    edited September 2021
    But, I mean... eh... isn't that flying a bit close to the sun rights-wise? The one owning the rights (warner brothers) to this photo should sue:

it might be just different enough to be considered an homage. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mickeyrat said:

Ofc it has. Simplest connection in the world -- Ohio

"Springwood, Ohio is the town in which the events of the A Nightmare on Elm Street films takes place."

Some people here need to sign up for a film course or two. 

COME ON PEOPLE! 
    Nicely done.  I never knew that and I lived in Ohio when the movie came out. 
    edited September 2021
    I would say no on that. It's a lazy straight trace. It's not redrawn in any way. Just the silhuetted leftarm.
    I would say no on that. It's a lazy straight trace. It's not redrawn in any way. Just the silhuetted leftarm.
    I highly doubt an organization like GNR didn't dot their i's and cross their t's when doing something like that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited September 2021
    I highly doubt an organization like GNR didn't dot their i's and cross their t's when doing something like that. 
    Maybe in some way it is not strictly illegal. I do not know how laws regarding it work in the US. But I do now that many people that should be dotting i's just don't care, and stuff gets swiped all the time. 

You don't think that Gearbox "dot their i's"?

Or Disney, and others who've had stuff done stealing from others. 

Also, the PJ Halloween shirt in 2019 did the same (sort of) shit.
    edited September 2021

edited September 2021
    HARD SKOOL RELEASED ON SPOTIFY IN NEW ZEALAND

So will be played tonight in Ohio

edited September 2021
    Don't remember the demo enough to pinpoint specifics. Axls vocals are the same (so recorded 99). But it sounds like GnR. A bit overproduced/layered maybe.

Still dig it. Like I dug the demo. Feel like the demo had more "punch". But maybe was the roughness of it.
    setlist expanded tonight in columbus. shadow of your love and coma had tour debut.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    hard skool released as a single

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Wow.  I like Hard Skool.    Never heard it until now.  

which makes sense. it was released at midnight.....

I can dig it.

last nights set kinda makes me feel a bit ripped off. saw them in detroit a month ago...... several songs shorter!!!!!!!

• mickeyrat said:

which makes sense. it was released at midnight.....
    The leaked demo version from the late 90s is what I started this thread about two years ago. So it's been out and about and there to listen to. 

I wonder how Axl present vocals will sound on GNR songs... 
    so in the last month they've released 2 new songs.

album in the offing?

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"