Options

*** GUNS N' ROSES ***

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Damn, and i thought tickets were expensive last time they came to Vancouver
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    No Glastonbury then, rumours were wrong. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    petted101 said:
    No Glastonbury then, rumours were wrong. 
    There is a big gap in there for the glastonbury weekend
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    edited February 2023
    Horse2345 said:
    We paid $250 USD for pit tickets in Seattle in 2016.  That seems light, with pit tix being over $800 for Vancouver.  Not sure if face value was slightly cheaper than the patience early entry ticket.

I think we'll probably end up skipping this.  Costs an arm and a leg, It's on Monday, which means missing 2 days of work. It's a stadium show which is generally a gong show.

We just bought Springsteen tickets, and they were $390 cdn each for side stage.  At least it's fairly close, and on a Friday (only need to use 1 vac date).

Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    We paid $250 USD for pit tickets in Seattle in 2016.  That seems light, with pit tix being over $800 for Vancouver.  Not sure if face value was slightly cheaper than the patience early entry ticket.

I think we'll probably end up skipping this.  Costs an arm and a leg, It's on Monday, which means missing 2 days of work. It's a stadium show which is generally a gong show.

We just bought Springsteen tickets, and they were $390 cdn each for side stage.  At least it's fairly close, and on a Friday (only need to use 1 vac date).

Pit tickets in Van were only $283 Canadian in 2017, have to wait til tomorrow to see what non fanclub tickets are. Buddy just got floor seats for $350 each. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:

I got excited to see more tour dates and then remembered that I wasn't that impressed the last time I saw them. I've seen them twice in the last 7 years or so and they did the same show both times....at least 3 years apart.

If tickets were reasonable I would go but it isn't worth what they are charging.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    my first time seeing G N R!19861031 - Ackermann Hall Los Angeles USA
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    wow...that's awesome
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I didn't have it that good,  but I did see them open for Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour.  It was pretty great. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    wow...that's awesome
    Was a great show.....all I remember about G N R was that they did a cover of "Whole Lotta Rosie" by AC/DC
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I didn't have it that good,  but I did see them open for Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour.  It was pretty great. 

yep. saw that tour too. thought guns wiped the stage with them.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I was young, 14.  So I don't recall thinking that because I knew that Aerosmith record well, along with the older stuff.  But I recall GnR kicking ass for sure.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I was young, 14.  So I don't recall thinking that because I knew that Aerosmith record well, along with the older stuff.  But I recall GnR kicking ass for sure.  

that was my drunken impression.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    damn, I pulled pit tickets this morning for Vancouver for face value (375 cdn plus fees), but my friend already bought a different pair.  Guess I'll skip this one.   Kind of expensive, but I'd pay that to be in the pit.  Don't want to see in the seats at a stadium show :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    damn, I pulled pit tickets this morning for Vancouver for face value (375 cdn plus fees), but my friend already bought a different pair.  Guess I'll skip this one.   Kind of expensive, but I'd pay that to be in the pit.  Don't want to see in the seats at a stadium show :)
    Stadium shows need to be in the pit.  Otherwise you're just watching the screen.  Might as well get blasted at home and watch a concert video.  
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    Stadium shows need to be in the pit.  Otherwise you're just watching the screen.  Might as well get blasted at home and watch a concert video.  
    That's how I feel.  He wanted to go with his partner, as neither of them had seen GNR, but didn't have the capacity for $400 tickets.  That left me solo, and I'm of the same mind as you.   PIT or nothing for stadium shows.

I remember going to U2 at BC Place in Vancouver and being in one of the back corners for the popmart tour.  Amazing show (especially considering how far back I was), but that show lit the fire in me to get better at getting tickets.  The only other time I was close to that far back was Paul McCartney about 10 years ago, but that was a Financial choice, and i'd never seen him play before (whereas I've seen two Guns and Replacements shows, and 1 reunion show).
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Still, available just can't pull the trigger on $438 when they were $287 last time.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Still, available just can't pull the trigger on $438 when they were $287 last time.

yah, honestly if one of my friends would of said yes, I would of shelled it out.  I paid 250usd for the show in seattle in 2016, and this is similar.    My problem is more with burning through Vacation days.   With traveling over from Vancouver Island if it's a Mon-Thurs show you kind of miss 2 days of work, if it's a Fri or Sun show, 1 day, and Saturday's, nothing.

For me it's more about losing 2 days of work.. sigh.. Springsteen I only miss 1 :)

It's too bad there's not a Seattle date. There's been a number of times we've opted to go to a Seattle show over a Vancouver show because it fell on a weekend.

Ahh well, can't win 'em all.  I wonder how well this show will sell.  The presale tickets aren't moving too fast.
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 327
    Looks like it’s wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open for any suckers that wanna go……..
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    GNR equal wait til day of, seen them a few times over last 5 years.....its worked out well
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    GNR equal wait til day of, seen them a few times over last 5 years.....its worked out well
    I sort of give GNR credit on this one.  For medium/smaller markets, they're a little too popular for an arena, but not popular enough to sell out a stadium.  If they played an arena there might be a shortage of tickets, but with stadiums, there's a surplus which keeps reselling prices way down.

This could change now they've been doing the same tour over and over again, and the demand might be waning, but for the first few times they did it, I think it benefited fans.   Better to have too many tickets than not enough (at least for fans).
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    No matter what band plays stadiums and I’ve been to a bunch of stadiums shows I’ve always felt disconnected from the show itself! Just way to many distractions people talking etc etc, I won’t pay to any band in that setting 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The GnR show I saw in 2018 felt very disconnected. Felt so stale. That huge stage and them standing a kilometre away from each other, and Axls "so-so" singing... Lifeless
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No matter what band plays stadiums and I’ve been to a bunch of stadiums shows I’ve always felt disconnected from the show itself! Just way to many distractions people talking etc etc, I won’t pay to any band in that setting 

The key to Stadium shows is to be right up front.  I'm generally be up front or don't bother with stadium shows.  :)

also, I find it crazy there's still face value pit tix left for GNR. I don't think I've ever seen that for a concert.  They haven't sold very many initial tickets at all.  Maybe they're waning without doing anything new.

Spiritual_Chaos: I also got that vibe at the 2016 Seattle show.  It was very professional, and sounded good, but I could of sworn they negotiated how much time they spend on each side of the stage, how much they interacted with each other, how much time axl and slash spent near each other etc... It felt very, I dunno.. odd..  The show was decent, but the 2006 guns n replacements show felt different, no so negotiated, I guess.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Zod said:

The key to Stadium shows is to be right up front.  I'm generally be up front or don't bother with stadium shows.  :)

also, I find it crazy there's still face value pit tix left for GNR. I don't think I've ever seen that for a concert.  They haven't sold very many initial tickets at all.  Maybe they're waning without doing anything new.

Spiritual_Chaos: I also got that vibe at the 2016 Seattle show.  It was very professional, and sounded good, but I could of sworn they negotiated how much time they spend on each side of the stage, how much they interacted with each other, how much time axl and slash spent near each other etc... It felt very, I dunno.. odd..  The show was decent, but the 2006 guns n replacements show felt different, no so negotiated, I guess.
    Yeah that’s the only way! The 1st Fenway show I had my usual spot 3rd row between Ed & Stone so I did enjoy that show immensely 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 383

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    I am pretty surprised that Carrie Underwood is opening up the show in Moncton I am going to. I know she is a huge fan but that seems like such a huge superstar to open for them. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Alice In Chains opening up some of the shows. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    yah AIC is opening the one in Vancouver.  I'm sort of tempted, but it's the exact same thing I saw in Seattle in 2016.   It's midweek so it means missing 2 days of work to go :(  It's also not selling well. There's still face value pit tickets available for $430 cdn.    I thought they might do discount tickets on the $25 thing a few weeks back to get tickets moving, but they didn't.    I chose to go to Springsteen a few weeks later of the GNR.. but I keep wondering if I should do both.. lol.   Not that many people I know what to miss 2 days of work and a bunch of money to see GNR.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited June 2023
    They just played Bad Obsession in Abu Dhabi

Not played since 1993
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"