*** GUNS N' ROSES ***

Comments

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Although it great to get a couple of not so new songs recently, wish they would put out a proper album with brand new material. 
    Kearnsy
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Seeing that they’ll drop an EP in February that has the 2 “new” songs and 2 live tracks (Don’t Cry and You’re Crazy).

Honestly kind of disappointed, and really, why February? Have to say I’m enjoying the “new” songs and with others was hoping for a full length album. I’ll take what I can get though, lol.

https://consequence.net/2021/09/guns-n-roses-hard-skool-ep-live/
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Seeing that they’ll drop an EP in February that has the 2 “new” songs and 2 live tracks (Don’t Cry and You’re Crazy).

Honestly kind of disappointed, and really, why February? Have to say I’m enjoying the “new” songs and with others was hoping for a full length album. I’ll take what I can get though, lol.

two songs isn't bad for how Axl works, to be honest. if we waited for a full record from them it would be 2030 by the time it was released. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413

two songs isn't bad for how Axl works, to be honest. if we waited for a full record from them it would be 2030 by the time it was released. 
    Lol, this is true.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    I like one of the two songs, but I do hope they do a proper new record (opposed to releasing shined up old leftovers?).
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    same setlist every night?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Wobbie said:

pretty much but as the rust comes off they've added songs
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Wobbie said:
    They have added in some more Chinese Demcoracy songs in the latest shows. And plays Absurd and now Hard Skool which are new. 

They have also added Coma, Shadow of your Love and I bet something more.

30 songs last night.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Wobbie said:
    They have added in some more Chinese Demcoracy songs in the latest shows. And plays Absurd and now Hard Skool which are new. 

30 songs last night.
    Their packing in a full solid set. When I saw them last week them hit the stage at 8pm sharp, and finished at 10:55pm. Maybe a five minute encore break…
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:

30 songs last night.
    Their packing in a full solid set. When I saw them last week them hit the stage at 8pm sharp, and finished at 10:55pm. Maybe a five minute encore break…
    my god!!! they came out on time??? :tired_face:

maybe axl needs to be in bed by midnight?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

30 songs last night.

Speaking from experience, Wobbie?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    they've been coming out on time for years. when i saw them in 2006 there was this perception they came on late (close to midnight). but nope, there was 5 acts on the bill, GNR came out half hour after the last band's set (Sebastien Bach). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

30 songs last night.

This has been the way during the entire reunion.  If I read between the lines correctly, I think they put all of this into the contracts.   IE Slash and Duff didn't want to deal with Axl being late anymore.

I think they pretty much put everything into the contracts that annoys each other or could cause friction.

So much so that at the 2016 Seattle show (the only one I've seen), it felt like they actually predetermined how much time they spent on the right, left, and middle areas of the stage, and how much time they spent interacting.... lol.

they've been coming out on time for years. when i saw them in 2006 there was this perception they came on late (close to midnight). but nope, there was 5 acts on the bill, GNR came out half hour after the last band's set (Sebastien Bach). 
    lol.. when I was supposed to see them in 2002 in Vancouver, they weren't even in the venue at 8:00pm.   The venue panic cancelled the concert and a miniriot ensued.

In 2006 in Edmonton there were a few openers including Bach.   GNR didn't hit the stage until after midnight and the show went until 2:30am.    It was an amazing epic show.. so I was ok with it.   I knew this going in and booked the next day off work.   Edmonton also planned for by leaving LRT's sitting at the Arena to take people home after the show.   Total night and day between the Edmonton and Vancouver approach.  One planned for it, and the other didn't.. lol.

I saw another guns n replacements show a few years later in Edmonton but they started a little earlier.  closer to 11:00pm.

but yah the renuion tour has been flawless... not like the times of old.
    Zod said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

30 songs last night.

This has been the way during the entire reunion.  If I read between the lines correctly, I think they put all of this into the contracts.   IE Slash and Duff didn't want to deal with Axl being late anymore.

I think they pretty much put everything into the contracts that annoys each other or could cause friction.

So much so that at the 2016 Seattle show (the only one I've seen), it felt like they actually predetermined how much time they spent on the right, left, and middle areas of the stage, and how much time they spent interacting.... lol.

I'd agree with that. a lot of their movement on stage seemed....inorganic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• This is fucking crazy cool to finally be able to see:

https://youtu.be/sipQKjLlTZ0

OH MY GOD LIVEEEEEEE

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Streets of Dreams / The Blues is  agreat song
    The Guns n' Replacements era wasn't all that bad.   I still debate whether the first Guns N' Replacements Show  I saw in Edmonton was better than the reunion show I saw in 2016.  The reunion show was pretty good, but the replacements show was off the charts (wasn't as good the 2nd go around though).
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Zod said:
    The Guns n' Replacements era wasn't all that bad.   I still debate whether the first Guns N' Replacements Show  I saw in Edmonton was better than the reunion show I saw in 2016.  The reunion show was pretty good, but the replacements show was off the charts (wasn't as good the 2nd go around though).
    The replacement show I saw at msg in 2005? I believe was way better than the reunion show. One of the best night ever 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    Zod said:
    The replacement show I saw at msg in 2005? I believe was way better than the reunion show. One of the best night ever 
    Must have been 06. When Axl had this look:

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    Zod said:

I just checked my ticket stub. It was 2002!!!!
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Zod said:

I just checked my ticket stub. It was 2002!!!!
    oh myyy
    I was supposed to see them in 2002 in Vancouver, but Axl did is notorious showing up late thing, so the venue panicked, made everyone wait outside in the rain, then cancelled the show because he hadn't arrived on time.

In contrast the show I saw in 2006 in Edmonton.   The venue prepared to be open late. The City left a Light Rapid Transit train waiting to take people home after the show.  It all went off without a hitch.  Such a good time.  I think the show ended at something like 2:30am which broke my record (I think one of the 2000 Pearl Jam Seattle shows went to about 1 or 1:30).  Also the Bubbles / Axl Rose duet was priceless :)

It's not rocket appliances Vancouver :)
  • Wish I would have seen them in 2006.

The 2018 concert with Slash felt very stale. Big Stadium. Axl's voice. The video screens. It didn't feel authentic. I got tired of it.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    GNR are playing an hour away from me this August. Can't believe my wife and I are finally going to see them!
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    PJNB said:
    GNR are playing an hour away from me this August. Can't believe my wife and I are finally going to see them!
    Excellent. Hopefully there will be a new album too
    Kearnsy
    hmm they're playing Vancouver again, but it's a stadium show, and I'm not really feeling it.  It's the same tour over and over again.. lol.
  • Guns N’ Roses’ 2023 tour dates:
    Mon Jun 05 – Tel Aviv, Israel – Park Hayarkon
    Fri Jun 09 – Madrid, Spain – Civitas Metropolitan Stadium
    Mon Jun 12 – Vigo, Spain – Estadio Abanca Balaídos
    Thu Jun 15 – Dessel, Belgium – Grasspop Metal Meeting
    Sat Jun 17 – Copenhagen, Denmark – Copenhell
    Wed Jun 21 – Oslo, Norway – Tons of Rock
    Tue Jun 27 – Glasgow, UK – Bellahouston Park
    Fri Jun 30 – London, UK – BST Hyde Park
    Mon Jul 03 – Frankfurt, Germany – Deutsch Bank Park
    Wed Jul 05 – Bern, Switzerland – BERNEXPO
    Sat Jul 08 – Rome, Italy – Circo Massimo
    Tue Jul 11 – Landgraaf, Netherlands – Megaland
    Thu Jul 13 – Paris, France – La Defense
    Sun Jul 16 – Bucharest, Romania – National Arena
    Wed Jul 19 – Budapest, Hungary – Puskás Arena
    Sat Jul 22 – Athens, Greece – Olympic Stadium
    Sat Aug 05 – Moncton, NB – Medavie Blue Cross Stadium
    Tue Aug 08 – Montreal, QC – Parc Jean Drapeau
    Fri Aug 11 – Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Stadium
    Tue Aug 15 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
    Mon Aug 21 – Boston, MA – Fenway Park
    Thu Aug 24 – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field
    Sat Aug 26 – Nashville, TN – GEODIS Park
    Tue Aug 29 – Charlotte, NC – Spectrum Center
    Fri Sep 01 – Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
    Sun Sep 03 – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
    Wed Sep 06 – Lexington, KY – Rupp Arena
    Sat Sep 09 – St. Louis, MO – Busch Stadium
    Tue Sep 12 – Knoxville, TN – Thompson-Boling Arena
    Fri Sep 15 – Hollywood, FL – Hard Rock Live
    Wed Sep 20 – Biloxi, MS – Mississippi Coast Coliseum
    Sat Sep 23 – Kansas City, MO – Kauffman Stadium
    Tue Sep 26 – San Antonio, TX – Alamodome
    Thu Sep 28 – Houston, TX – Minute Maid Park
    Sun Oct 01 – San Diego, CA – Snapdragon Stadium
    Sun Oct 08 – Sacramento, CA – Aftershock Festival
    Wed Oct 11 – Phoenix, AZ – Chase Field
    Mon Oct 16 – Vancouver, BC – BC Place
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Guns N’ Roses’ 2023 tour dates:
    Mon Jun 05 – Tel Aviv, Israel – Park Hayarkon
    Fri Jun 09 – Madrid, Spain – Civitas Metropolitan Stadium
    Mon Jun 12 – Vigo, Spain – Estadio Abanca Balaídos
    Thu Jun 15 – Dessel, Belgium – Grasspop Metal Meeting
    Sat Jun 17 – Copenhagen, Denmark – Copenhell
    Wed Jun 21 – Oslo, Norway – Tons of Rock
    Tue Jun 27 – Glasgow, UK – Bellahouston Park
    Fri Jun 30 – London, UK – BST Hyde Park
    Mon Jul 03 – Frankfurt, Germany – Deutsch Bank Park
    Wed Jul 05 – Bern, Switzerland – BERNEXPO
    Sat Jul 08 – Rome, Italy – Circo Massimo
    Tue Jul 11 – Landgraaf, Netherlands – Megaland
    Thu Jul 13 – Paris, France – La Defense
    Sun Jul 16 – Bucharest, Romania – National Arena
    Wed Jul 19 – Budapest, Hungary – Puskás Arena
    Sat Jul 22 – Athens, Greece – Olympic Stadium
    Sat Aug 05 – Moncton, NB – Medavie Blue Cross Stadium
    Tue Aug 08 – Montreal, QC – Parc Jean Drapeau
    Fri Aug 11 – Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Stadium
    Tue Aug 15 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
    Mon Aug 21 – Boston, MA – Fenway Park
    Thu Aug 24 – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field
    Sat Aug 26 – Nashville, TN – GEODIS Park
    Tue Aug 29 – Charlotte, NC – Spectrum Center
    Fri Sep 01 – Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
    Sun Sep 03 – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
    Wed Sep 06 – Lexington, KY – Rupp Arena
    Sat Sep 09 – St. Louis, MO – Busch Stadium
    Tue Sep 12 – Knoxville, TN – Thompson-Boling Arena
    Fri Sep 15 – Hollywood, FL – Hard Rock Live
    Wed Sep 20 – Biloxi, MS – Mississippi Coast Coliseum
    Sat Sep 23 – Kansas City, MO – Kauffman Stadium
    Tue Sep 26 – San Antonio, TX – Alamodome
    Thu Sep 28 – Houston, TX – Minute Maid Park
    Sun Oct 01 – San Diego, CA – Snapdragon Stadium
    Sun Oct 08 – Sacramento, CA – Aftershock Festival
    Wed Oct 11 – Phoenix, AZ – Chase Field
    Mon Oct 16 – Vancouver, BC – BC Place
    If I could go to one show it would be Bucharest.  All of my Romanian friends love 80's rock and go bonkers for it.  I bet that venue would explode with energy.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Zod said:
    hmm they're playing Vancouver again, but it's a stadium show, and I'm not really feeling it.  It's the same tour over and over again.. lol.
    They are really milking the reunion money!