Options

*** GUNS N' ROSES ***

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    1. Good for her playing something well out her comfort zone.
    B. Who the hell thought booking Carrie Underwood to open for Guns made sense?
    Thirdly: I miss Lemmie.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Poncier said:
    1. Good for her playing something well out her comfort zone.
    B. Who the hell thought booking Carrie Underwood to open for Guns made sense?
    Thirdly: I miss Lemmie.
    lol All three get a hell yeah.
  • Options

Available by mistake(?) at bars in the US that has a TouchTunes Jukebox system. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The song has been played on US radio now. So should be available at streaming services hopefully soon...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 607
    It’s not good. But I’m not surprised at that. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    It's not bad. Much better than Absurd or Hard Skool.
    So 1 new song a year so I'm guessing new album some time in 2030's
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,030
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    The "new" song "The General" is the B-side to this single. So should be released "soon" too.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,183
    It's weird, that's 3 new songs now, and Perhaps might be the best of the 3, but it still feels mid.   They've been back together for 7+ years but all they've done is patch up some old stuff that didn't make Chinese Democracy?

I wonder if they'll ever sit down and write/record brand new content?

Kind of reminds me of that last Van Halen record where they just found leftover stuff from year gone by and retooled it for the record.
  • Options
    I kinda wish someone would.... AI Axl's old voice into this song. Love Guns, but he's soo tough to listen to these days when he's not in that range that is like, the chorus of Hard Skool, or most of Better. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    It's weird, that's 3 new songs now, and Perhaps might be the best of the 3, but it still feels mid.   They've been back together for 7+ years but all they've done is patch up some old stuff that didn't make Chinese Democracy?

Kind of reminds me of that last Van Halen record where they just found leftover stuff from year gone by and retooled it for the record.
    To me the VH thing was different because it was their first album with Roth back in the band and they were trying to capture some of tht early magic so that's why they went back to some old unused demos from the 70's. Guns is recycling crap from an era when it was only Axl in the band and even the songs that made the album were completely forgettable.
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:

even the songs that made the album were completely forgettable.
    Lol. No.
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:

even the songs that made the album were completely forgettable.
    Lol. No.
    Lol. Yes.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    ZoSoTim said:
    Zod said:

To me the VH thing was different because it was their first album with Roth back in the band and they were trying to capture some of tht early magic so that's why they went back to some old unused demos from the 70's. Guns is recycling crap from an era when it was only Axl in the band and even the songs that made the album were completely forgettable.
    Good point.  Well made :)

I still wonder if they'll ever sit down and write something brand new.    Most people do want to see greatest hits, but I'm wondering how many laps of the Not In This Lifetime tour it takes before people get bored?
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Zod said:

Most people do want to see greatest hits, but I'm wondering how many laps of the Not In This Lifetime tour it takes before people get bored?
    They closed off the entire top selection in Pittsburgh tonight and moved people down. So they are not selling out the shows.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Most people do want to see greatest hits, but I'm wondering how many laps of the Not In This Lifetime tour it takes before people get bored?
    They closed off the entire top selection in Pittsburgh tonight and moved people down. So they are not selling out the shows.

Definitely.  The Vancouver show still has face value floor tickets available. I keep looking in case the price lowers, but I'm reluctant to miss 2 days of work and pay over $400 for ticket.

I will give them some Kudos.   It feels like the demand for a GNR show is between a Stadium and an Arena except in the biggest markets.   So rather then play an Arena and have too much demand, they play stadiums and have too many tickets.  Pretty much wipes out scalpers :)
  • Options
    The song fit's kind of well with other GNR songs. Been listening to it since it was released. The music video adds to it also... maybe just because I am a bit of a sucker for live-montage videos.

It was played in Pittsburgh by the way:

https://youtu.be/lAP7vyXMAIs
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    I like this song a lot!  Very challenging song vocally for Axel at this stage of his career but give him and the band props for having the balls to put it out there.  Yes old school Axel would have killed this song vocally in 1992.  It is what it is man.  Perhaps!  
  • Options
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    7" pre order for Perhaps/The General on the site. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    Kearn5y said:
    The "new" song "The General" is the B-side to this single. So should be released "soon" too.
    The General, is that the intro tune that was played back in 2006?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Caught them at SPAC last night, which I believe was the only non-stadium show of the tour. Glad I went but it was pretty much for nostalgia. Axl’s voice was even worse than I anticipated. Pretty unspectacular otherwise.
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 695
    Just heard the St. Louis date has been postponed - sorry to hear for those with tickets and travel plans.
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    Monsters!!!  Holy shit!!!
  • Options
    Haven't heard Monster or The General :(
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    where can these be tracked down?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    I'm kind of amazed that they can still play large venues. Axl sounds horrible. I can barely make it through 10 seconds of that video. 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 327
    Crowds are getting smaller and smaller, and they were practically giving tickets away for most of the shows this year. How long can you beat a dead horse? Hopefully they go away soon….