Donald Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    did trump mention that the confederate troops used to call lee "granny lee"? if he knew that he would not like him as much.
    Did the troops call him that, or the other officers?  I always thought it was the officers.  

I don't think you can really disparage Lee's strategic and tactical skills, but the reality is that he was fighting with inferior resources.  Grant and Sherman were certainly excellent and merciless generals, whereas the Army of the Potomac's previous commanders were prima donnas and soft. 
    it may have been the officers. i read about it maybe 20 years ago. i thought it was the troops because he was old and really disciplined. it may have been the other officers though.

i remember winfield scott was the initial commanding general and oversaw many of the early union losses. at any given battle mcclellan always thought they were outnumbered by 50,000 troops even when the union had more troops so that made mcclellan too scared to go on the offensive. he finally got sacked and then out of sour grapes ran against lincoln in 1864 and promptly got trounced. burnside was a terrible commander so he got sacked. then grant came in and they actually started winning some battles. 

i remember reading a letter from lincoln to mcclellan basically begging him to do some sort of attack. he said something like "if you are not going to use the army i would like to borrow it for awhile." he also implorted him "you must act'. I need to try to find it.
    Yeah, McClellan was the worst, particularly with the Peninsula campaign.  He could have take Richmond right then and there, but he was too scared to move.  

In the list of bad generals, don't forget about Hooker.  He did a great job getting his ass kicked at Chancellorsville.  

Fun fact, when I lived in Spotsy county, I owned a house that bordered on the battlefield.  The telltale pickets that surround the hallowed grounds were next to my property.  It was a pretty cool place.  Very thick and high pine trees to this day, so you could see how difficult the ground would be to advance an army.  Other than that, Fredericksburg area sucks. 
    i would have liked to see little phil sheridan get a crack at it. "that was ungenerous. i'll take your guns for that." classic line. he also once said "if i owned texas and hell, i'd rent out texas and live in hell". also something like "i have never in my life taken a command into battle and had the slightest desire to come out alive unless i won."

mcclellan had the biggest army on earth and was afraid to use it. that war could have ended in 1862. and yeah lol hooker got smashed there. 

that is awesome you lived near the battlefield. always wanted to visit that one. is that the same area as the battle of the wilderness, or was that the battle of spotsylvania?

weird question for you. did you ever hear anything weird in the night? like phantom cannon shells or phantom gunfire? i hear people that live near civil war battlefields hear things like that. like paranormal remnant or something.
    You have four major battlefields within a handful of miles between each other.  The Wilderness is a few miles west of Chancellorsville, just up route 3.  Spotsy CH is a bit to the south and east, further off the Rapidan.  And then of course downtown Fredericksburg, with the Rappahhanock running straight through.  It's really crazy that the Union tried that offensive, considering the banks of the river, the town, etc.  But yeah, it was cool being so close.  But they are not big battlefields like Getty or Antietam, still cool though.  More 'untouched'. 

I never heard any noises, so I'm not sure I buy the ghost stuff.  But I can tell you at night, and early morning it is creepy.  
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    did trump mention that the confederate troops used to call lee "granny lee"? if he knew that he would not like him as much.
    Did the troops call him that, or the other officers?  I always thought it was the officers.  

I don't think you can really disparage Lee's strategic and tactical skills, but the reality is that he was fighting with inferior resources.  Grant and Sherman were certainly excellent and merciless generals, whereas the Army of the Potomac's previous commanders were prima donnas and soft. 
    it may have been the officers. i read about it maybe 20 years ago. i thought it was the troops because he was old and really disciplined. it may have been the other officers though.

i remember winfield scott was the initial commanding general and oversaw many of the early union losses. at any given battle mcclellan always thought they were outnumbered by 50,000 troops even when the union had more troops so that made mcclellan too scared to go on the offensive. he finally got sacked and then out of sour grapes ran against lincoln in 1864 and promptly got trounced. burnside was a terrible commander so he got sacked. then grant came in and they actually started winning some battles. 

i remember reading a letter from lincoln to mcclellan basically begging him to do some sort of attack. he said something like "if you are not going to use the army i would like to borrow it for awhile." he also implorted him "you must act'. I need to try to find it.
    Yeah, McClellan was the worst, particularly with the Peninsula campaign.  He could have take Richmond right then and there, but he was too scared to move.  

In the list of bad generals, don't forget about Hooker.  He did a great job getting his ass kicked at Chancellorsville.  

Fun fact, when I lived in Spotsy county, I owned a house that bordered on the battlefield.  The telltale pickets that surround the hallowed grounds were next to my property.  It was a pretty cool place.  Very thick and high pine trees to this day, so you could see how difficult the ground would be to advance an army.  Other than that, Fredericksburg area sucks. 
    i would have liked to see little phil sheridan get a crack at it. "that was ungenerous. i'll take your guns for that." classic line. he also once said "if i owned texas and hell, i'd rent out texas and live in hell". also something like "i have never in my life taken a command into battle and had the slightest desire to come out alive unless i won."

mcclellan had the biggest army on earth and was afraid to use it. that war could have ended in 1862. and yeah lol hooker got smashed there. 

that is awesome you lived near the battlefield. always wanted to visit that one. is that the same area as the battle of the wilderness, or was that the battle of spotsylvania?

weird question for you. did you ever hear anything weird in the night? like phantom cannon shells or phantom gunfire? i hear people that live near civil war battlefields hear things like that. like paranormal remnant or something.
    You have four major battlefields within a handful of miles between each other.  The Wilderness is a few miles west of Chancellorsville, just up route 3.  Spotsy CH is a bit to the south and east, further off the Rapidan.  And then of course downtown Fredericksburg, with the Rappahhanock running straight through.  It's really crazy that the Union tried that offensive, considering the banks of the river, the town, etc.  But yeah, it was cool being so close.  But they are not big battlefields like Getty or Antietam, still cool though.  More 'untouched'. 

I never heard any noises, so I'm not sure I buy the ghost stuff.  But I can tell you at night, and early morning it is creepy.  
    that is pretty amazing. i am guessing they are so close because everyone marched everywhere. can only go so far so fast on foot. especially if you know the enemy is around. i think any battlefield where people struggled like that is pretty cool. a few hours from here is wilson's creek. it wasn't a big battle but i hear they take pretty good care of the battlefield and what remains of it.

i can imagine it is pretty creepy. especially with the morning fog.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that is pretty amazing. i am guessing they are so close because everyone marched everywhere. can only go so far so fast on foot. especially if you know the enemy is around. i think any battlefield where people struggled like that is pretty cool. a few hours from here is wilson's creek. it wasn't a big battle but i hear they take pretty good care of the battlefield and what remains of it.

I think what you had is there are two rivers that need to be crossed to take Richmond, the Rappahhanock and the Rapidan.  And because there are only a few places and fords to cross, and cross both, it made it easy for the South to defend those rivers.  And the best places to cross were the Fburg area.  Otherwise you had to go a hundred miles west where the rivers thin or go east, hence the Peninsula campaign.  Because they couldn't cross without being slaughtered, they went around by boat.  But the Peninsula brought in all of the marshland near W'burg, New Kent, etc. and McClellan's failures. 

I'd love to see some western campaign stuff.  I've never been out there.  My brother lives in St Charles, MO and he took his family to Shiloh recently and really liked it.  He has a PhD in American history so really digs into this stuff. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think what you had is there are two rivers that need to be crossed to take Richmond, the Rappahhanock and the Rapidan.  And because there are only a few places and fords to cross, and cross both, it made it easy for the South to defend those rivers.  And the best places to cross were the Fburg area.  Otherwise you had to go a hundred miles west where the rivers thin or go east, hence the Peninsula campaign.  Because they couldn't cross without being slaughtered, they went around by boat.  But the Peninsula brought in all of the marshland near W'burg, New Kent, etc. and McClellan's failures. 

I'd love to see some western campaign stuff.  I've never been out there.  My brother lives in St Charles, MO and he took his family to Shiloh recently and really liked it.  He has a PhD in American history so really digs into this stuff. 
    i am literally 7 miles from st charles. in bridgeton. because we have one of the bridges that crosses the missouri to go from st louis county to st charles.

i went to shiloh once when i was maybe 12. we went when i was in boy scouts. we tried to go back several years ago but was told that if we were not affiliated with a scout troop we could not go there. that might have changed now. i would love to go back because i was too youny to appreciate it.

always wanted to go to gettysburg and antietam too. maybe one of these days....

i wonder if trump knows any of this stuff we have discussed. thread integrity lol...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

i am literally 7 miles from st charles. in bridgeton. because we have one of the bridges that crosses the missouri to go from st louis county to st charles.

i went to shiloh once when i was maybe 12. we went when i was in boy scouts. we tried to go back several years ago but was told that if we were not affiliated with a scout troop we could not go there. that might have changed now. i would love to go back because i was too youny to appreciate it.

i wonder if trump knows any of this stuff we have discussed. thread integrity lol...
    Not even a little bit,  does he know. 

Gettysburg is amazing.  Antietam is even better because it's less commercial and more solemn.  You definitely have to make the trip and they are plenty close.  Just fly to DC and drive.  I would also do it in the fall because summer is so busy in Gettysburg.  But they just redid the welcome/ main center and it's fantastic.  Since you're clearly knowledgeable on the War of Northern Aggression (ha), you would appreciate all of the details there. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Gettysburg is amazing.  Antietam is even better because it's less commercial and more solemn.  You definitely have to make the trip and they are plenty close.  Just fly to DC and drive.  I would also do it in the fall because summer is so busy in Gettysburg.  But they just redid the welcome/ main center and it's fantastic.  Since you're clearly knowledgeable on the War of Northern Aggression (ha), you would appreciate all of the details there. 
    oh yeah i am totally here for is, haha.

thanks for the DC flight tip. i would have probably tried to drive the whole thing, haha. Do you know if there is anything great relating to the war in the Richmond area? we had talked about maybe going there too.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

thanks for the DC flight tip. i would have probably tried to drive the whole thing, haha. Do you know if there is anything great relating to the war in the Richmond area? we had talked about maybe going there too.

yes , an empty graffiti covered pedestal. ....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Not really the war,  because there was no real battle here. The confederates abandoned the city and headed South and West at the end.  Hollywood Cemetery is cool because there are several presidents and generals buried here.  It's right downtown.  Colonial Williamsburg and Yorktown are an hour east if you like the Revolution.  But most of the good civil war is all Fredericksburg area and then up towards Maryland and PA.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I’ll second a visit to Antietam. I dragged my wife and some of her friends there a few years ago on the way back to DC from a wedding in WV. They grumbled of course… Needless to say, they all were very impressed afterwards.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

And when asked who he’d like to box if he had to box someone, he said Biden. Classy fella that POOTWH.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    nicknyr15 said:
    Surprise but not planned. This was damage control. And he still couldn't simply commemorate the day. He had to plug his potential run in '24. Pathetic.
    Evidently the Trump boxing circus tonight was first rate bonkers. 
  • Evidently the Trump boxing circus tonight was first rate bonkers. 
    Like the administration. No surprise. Were Kelly Ann CONway and Kayleigh McAmeany round card girls?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Hobbes said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Surprise but not planned. This was damage control. And he still couldn't simply commemorate the day. He had to plug his potential run in '24. Pathetic.
    Yea. I don’t care about any of that. Just pointing out the endless cycle of stupid tweets that people on both sides automatically think are true just because they agree. 
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Moonies are behind the Washington Times?

Good to know.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited September 2021
     "Down on 7/11......"

mickeyrat said:
    Moonies are behind the Washington Times?

Good to know.
    And OANN.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    mickeyrat said:
     "Down on 7/11......"

Lol

Is this new?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat said:
     "Down on 7/11......"

Lol

Is this new?

no. 5 years ago. BUT has anything really changed with him? besides being more brazen...

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    terrorist attack....slurpees....what's the difference?

and they call joe "dementia". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Brilliant, brilliance in all its brilliancy. Best POOTWH ever. Can't wait for him to be reinstated.

Newly revealed emails add to 'growing body of evidence' that Trump was aware of coronavirus threat early on

Email exchanges obtained by the House's select subcommittee on the COVID-19 pandemic "add to the growing body of evidence that the Trump administration knew the significant risk posed by the coronavirus but failed to execute an effective strategy to reduce the loss of American lives," Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) wrote in a letter to former Trump White House adviser Peter Navarro on Tuesday, per The Washington Post.

In one email dated Feb. 29, 2020, Steven Hatfill, a virologist advising the administration, told Navarro that "we do not have a clue how many people are infected" in the United States, and warned that the first wave of cases "will be accompanied by a massive loss of credibility" for the White House. He urged "frank honesty" and "decisive direct actions" from the federal government just hours after former President Donald Trump had publicly undersold the threat of the virus and praised his team's response.

Navarro went on to tell Trump the next day that their response was "not fast enough" and a "very serious public health emergency" was coming, but public rhetoric didn't change much in the aftermath. Read more at The Washington Post.

Newly revealed emails add to 'growing body of evidence' that Trump was aware of coronavirus threat early on (msn.com)

Brilliantati©
  • Brilliant, brilliance in all its brilliancy. Best POOTWH ever. Can't wait for him to be reinstated.

Newly revealed emails add to 'growing body of evidence' that Trump was aware of coronavirus threat early on

Email exchanges obtained by the House's select subcommittee on the COVID-19 pandemic "add to the growing body of evidence that the Trump administration knew the significant risk posed by the coronavirus but failed to execute an effective strategy to reduce the loss of American lives," Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) wrote in a letter to former Trump White House adviser Peter Navarro on Tuesday, per The Washington Post.

In one email dated Feb. 29, 2020, Steven Hatfill, a virologist advising the administration, told Navarro that "we do not have a clue how many people are infected" in the United States, and warned that the first wave of cases "will be accompanied by a massive loss of credibility" for the White House. He urged "frank honesty" and "decisive direct actions" from the federal government just hours after former President Donald Trump had publicly undersold the threat of the virus and praised his team's response.

Navarro went on to tell Trump the next day that their response was "not fast enough" and a "very serious public health emergency" was coming, but public rhetoric didn't change much in the aftermath. Read more at The Washington Post.

Newly revealed emails add to 'growing body of evidence' that Trump was aware of coronavirus threat early on (msn.com)

I wish any of this woudl change people's minds.  But, we've all selected our teams it seems.  It is still amazing to me that Trump didn't see this coronavirus as a gift...one that he could utilize to sneak into a second term.  Thank god he is an egotistical moron.  The next egomaniac might not be such a moron.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • About says it all, dontcha think?

Brilliantati©
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Brilliant, brilliance in all its brilliancy. Best POOTWH ever. Can't wait for him to be reinstated.

I wish any of this woudl change people's minds.  But, we've all selected our teams it seems.  It is still amazing to me that Trump didn't see this coronavirus as a gift...one that he could utilize to sneak into a second term.  Thank god he is an egotistical moron.  The next egomaniac might not be such a moron.
    The following things will change people's minds:
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    OnWis97 said:
    Brilliant, brilliance in all its brilliancy. Best POOTWH ever. Can't wait for him to be reinstated.

I waited way too long for an image to load. 😂😂
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    DewieCox said:
    OnWis97 said:

I waited way too long for an image to load. 😂😂
    HAHA!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.