WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    enjoyed that. had hoped they would have mentioned horace and pete. but no dice.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    mickeyrat said:
    I completely forgot about Horace and Pete. Good stuff!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I completely forgot about Horace and Pete. Good stuff!

finally bit the bullet a couple months ago and "rented" it.

very well done. he spoke with Falco, Metcalf and I think with even Louis.

Would have appreciated Buscemi's thoughts on it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Jane Goodall today!!!!

mickeyrat said:
    Jane Goodall today!!!!
    Should be a good one!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

CLOONEY!!!!!

Figured it was likely when he said he spoke to him at a premiere....

mickeyrat said:
    CLOONEY!!!!!

Figured it was likely when he said he spoke to him at a premiere....
    I was thinking the same thing. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

george is such a personable guy.....

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Man, this 'Cancelled Comedy' episode is soooo fucking good.

the history of comedic complaints is amazing..and I appreciated Marcs approach in personalizing this and how he learned...

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mickeyrat said:

the history of comedic complaints is amazing..and I appreciated Marcs approach in personalizing this and how he learned...

Absolutely - when the internet can amplify the absolute worst, and the idea of something like "anti-woke"/"cancel culture" (two things that don't exist, as Marc calls out, too), this is the best thing he's done in a while for me.
    so last Thursday it was Kenneth Branaugh . yesterday it was Ridley Scott.

both well done

mickeyrat said:
    so last Thursday it was Kenneth Branaugh . yesterday it was Ridley Scott.

both well done
    I'm a little behind, but started Kenneth Branaugh this morning. I'm about halfway through it. Good talk. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

halle berry today and cat power on thursday

mickeyrat said:
    Looking forward to that Cat Power episode. I'm assuming she's going to be talking about the Flag Day OST. Maybe Ed and Glen will come on too at some point. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Looking forward to that Cat Power episode. I'm assuming she's going to be talking about the Flag Day OST. Maybe Ed and Glen will come on too at some point. 
    Halle was fantastic. excellent conversation.  AND she asked Marc to play in front of her....

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Halle was fantastic. excellent conversation.  AND she asked Marc to play in front of her....

Did he play???
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Did he play???

what man says no to her?

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Did he play???

what man says no to her?
    good point!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Guillermo  del Toro from last thursday. great talk

mickeyrat said:
    Guillermo  del Toro from last thursday. great talk
    I agree. Im about halfway through the episode. Really good so far. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

aida rodriguez is really good too.

Smothers Brothers!!!

mickeyrat said:
    Smothers Brothers!!!
    It was better than I thought! Good talk. 

It was a little difficult to tell who was talking at times, but it didn't bring down the interview at all. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

javier bardem...

Mellencamp IN THE GARAGE on Thursday

mickeyrat said:
    does he have something new coming out?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

edited January 2022
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    does he have something new coming out?

Yes.

from AP

MUSIC

— In the fall of 2021, two quintessentially American singer-songwriters got together for a song about making the most of the time we've got left. John Mellencamp and Bruce Springsteen's “Wasted Days” is just one highlight of Mellencamp's upcoming album, “Strictly a One-Eyed Jack,” set for release Friday. Mellencamp's gravely voice and rootsy rock are all over the 12-track collection, the sound of an artist looking back with some regret and at the present with a critical eye. “Worries occupy my brain,” he sings in one song. It's not all gloomy, though: In the single “Chasing Rainbows,” Mellencamp says our search should end: “At the end of the rainbow/Turns out it’s not somewhere/Look around it’s everywhere/For anyone who cares.”

Post edited by mickeyrat on

Mellencamp is a great talk. his first podcast....

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    David Byrne was on Smartless. Wondering if Maron can get him. I would love that