2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    Christopher Lloyd should be a good one today. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    LukinFan said:
    Christopher Lloyd should be a good one today. 

found it odd there was no mention of taxi in the show notes?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    what? Hunter fucking Biden?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mickeyrat said:
    what? Hunter fucking Biden?
    Interesting! Looking forward to this.
    heres the weekly email....

Changing Thought.

Cats, People.

There is a persistent kitten on my desk right now as I write this. I guess I forgot it’s kind of like having a kid, I imagine. The growing-up happens quicker. He was basically a newborn a couple of weeks ago and now he’s like a two-year old. I have to wear him out so he’ll nap.

Unlike most two-year olds he is learning how to navigate the stairs. One at a time. Hopping. He also has this strange side-stepping dance he does when he’s freaked out and he's trying to be intimidating. I like the I’m-so-weird-get-away-from-me defense. 

Jkkkkhfiou8iojallllllll

Sorry, Sammy wrote that. 

When I was asked if I wanted to interview Hunter Biden my first reaction was ‘no, I don’t need to do that.’ I just didn’t want to be part of the ongoing right-wing shitstorm that surrounds the guy. It didn’t seem necessary. I had assumptions about who he is and they weren’t good. I thought he had to be a douchebag of some sort or a sociopath or, worse, a bro. I just didn’t see a conversation there. I said, ‘nah.’

Then I thought about it. This guy is a hardcore drug addict. This guy was the focus of a right-wing campaign to destroy his father through his behavior. He was what they saw as the weak link, the Achilles heel, the sure-fire way to bring down his family. They just keep hammering at the total mess of a drug addict Joe Biden's son was. I thought, ‘How does someone handle that?’ Anyone. Let alone a guy trying to get clean. I started to think about him differently. 

I can talk to drug addicts. I can talk recovery. I've had these conversations many times in my public life and private life. It’s sort of what I do. So I told Brendan to have them send me the book. I read it. It is sad, tragic, brutally honest, disturbing and concerning. 

I rethought it. I said I did want to talk to him. I thought it might be good for him to talk to another recovering addict for an hour. It was. For me as well. 

I did not set out to clear his name or set anything straight for the right-wing machine. A lot of the stuff the right-wing tried to use against him was transparently just an attempt to hurt his father. They tried to run the Crooked Hillary playbook on Joe Biden by turning Hunter's business dealings into some kind of financial conspiracy that involved Joe. It was such a flimsy case, Trump got impeached by trying to manufacture it.

A lot of the accusations against Hunter were just tabloid fodder that attacked his character for being a drug addict - like the nonsense with his laptop. Who the fuck cares about his laptop? Even the people who said they looked at the stuff on the laptop couldn't come up with anything.

So this is a talk today about grief, desperation, tragedy and deep drug addiction. It lands in a good place but it's fragile. 

On Thursday I talk to Katey Sagal about her new show and her life in the business and more recovery. Big sober week here on the show. 

Enjoy!

Boomer, Monkey and LaFonda live!

Love,
    Maron

Sally Struthers was actually a lot better than I thought she would be. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

when mark knows somebody he kinda pisses me off. the talk changes.

Nancy Wilson!!!!

Steve Miller!!!!

mickeyrat said:
    Nancy Wilson!!!!
    Nancy Wilson was great. Looking forward to Steve Miller. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Tarantino.
    that is all

mickeyrat said:
    Tarantino.
    that is all
    Have you listened yet?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Tarantino.
    that is all
    Have you listened yet?

tonight at work. marc enjoyed it. said he was engaged.

very good talk

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Tarantino.
    that is all
    Have you listened yet?

tonight at work. marc enjoyed it. said he was engaged.
     Very cool. Excited to start it. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Rick Rubin today.
    fuck man, an hr cant cover it , can it?

mickeyrat said:
    Rick Rubin today.

This one’s going to be good!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Rick Rubin today.

its very good. Both were engaged. nice flow..some laughs..

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This whole segment on pro wrestling is amazing. "It's always been wrestling." Fuckin' A, Rick.
    MATT DAMON

mickeyrat said:
    MATT DAMON
    Good stuff?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MATT DAMON
    Good stuff?

tell you tomorrow. will listen tonight at work.

fully engaged. just fantastic all around

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Rick Rubin today.

its very good. Both were engaged. nice flow..some laughs..
    Getting towards the end of this one. Definitely a challenge for him. Was tough in the beginning to get much out of him and would disagree with him on things, which is cool but just an interesting listen 
    Buscemi on thursday

mickeyrat said:
    Buscemi on thursday
    For some reason I thought he had already been on
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Buscemi on thursday

perhaps but it seems geared toward a 1st reponder doc or something he is a part of.

9-11 anniversary is saturday

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Buscemi on thursday

perhaps but it seems geared toward a 1st reponder doc or something he is a part of.

Looking forward to it either way 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Buscemi on thursday

Looking forward to it either way 

episode search shows this is buscemi's first talk....