so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mcgruff10 said:

I think I've mentioned it before but Jersey Mike's makes a killer cheese steak.  
    Then I think Todd Zolecki has a cheesesteak in Milwaukee that would pique your interest. Would also say, yes, absolutely go for the Aramark cheesesteak. This will be gourmet dining if this is your wheelhouse.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    This bartender in Seaside Park is telling me about some place on the Seaside Heights boardwalk or something "it's the best cheesesteak you'll ever have" - my friend's like "he's from Philly" while I have a stone cold stare going. Where do these people get off?!?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:

Then I think Todd Zolecki has a cheesesteak in Milwaukee that would pique your interest. Would also say, yes, absolutely go for the Aramark cheesesteak. This will be gourmet dining if this is your wheelhouse.
    Ha ha.  Jersey mike s cheesesteaks are legit.  They aren’t  Philly level but it s the best I have within a 15 mile radius.  Every pizzeria  cheesesteak we ve ordered tastes like dog shit.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    This bartender in Seaside Park is telling me about some place on the Seaside Heights boardwalk or something "it's the best cheesesteak you'll ever have" - my friend's like "he's from Philly" while I have a stone cold stare going. Where do these people get off?!?
    Pat s in point pleasant boro is the best I ve had around here.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    At the stadium I am generally too lazy if left to my own devices to go out to Center, stand in line, and get a roast pork.  Happy to have done so, when I do, but I usually grab a sausage and onion/peppers from one of the stands right above the seats as I head in.  (or 2, if I had the foresight to skip lunch.  ;))
    Center field will be a short walk because We are sitting in right field.  My kid loves Bryce so we are sitting four rows up in 104.   

I ve had the roast pork sandwich from dinic s (sp?); it was really good but the brocolli rabe was a little too much.  
    Can never have too much rabe, if you're asking me. Had this from Dinics over the weekend and they ran out of rabe so substituted spinach instead and felt it was lacking. I think JP is a spinach guy. I need that rabe kick. 

Pastaficio makes an awesome cold roast beef hoagie with fresh mozz and rabe. Wish I was holding one right now.

Speaking of which, @mcgruff10 Pastaficio is right down the road from the stadiums and, although I’ve never been to a Phillies game myself, I would bet my life they serve nothing as good as Pastaficio’s hoagies. 
    Good to know but my kids want cheese steaks, it's their thing lol.  

I always got the Big Kahuna at Jersey Mike's and thought it was pretty good.

Penn Station is the best cheesesteak I have ever had.  Obviously a chain but good stuff.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    McGruff, you should try Subway's cheesesteak's
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This thread should probably be closed.  =)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This thread should probably be closed.  =)
    Haha, though I think the unintentional comedy of it all is worth it.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Arby’s cheesesteak 🐐 
    Please remember that I'm nowhere near Philly.  Penn Station is the best I've got.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited September 2021
    I m all over it!

I do stand by my Jersey mike s opinion.  If you aren’t located in Philly give it a try.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    Subway isn't horrible.  Definitely better than anything that has Cheese Whiz on it.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    A different opinion -- Subway is awful.  Not the steak, at least I cannot comment on that as I never had one there.  Their sandwiches, in general, are a crime against sandwich humanity.
    :lol:  This has nothing to do with living in the Philly area -- although since I moved here back in 2012 I gained a new appreciation of the level to which the sandwich game can be raised to.  I thought the same thing living in CA for 20 years.  Subway was an option only if there was no other option.
    [And...I make money off from Subway as they are a client of one of our partners.  :lol:  I still feel the same way.]
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Working at the food court in the mall as a 15 year old, we would always barter food and Great Steak and Potato was heavy in the rotation. Was damn good at the time. Probably lands in the Subway/ Jersey Mike’s category today. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m all over it!

I do stand by my Jersey mike s opinion.  If you aren’t located in Philly give it a try.  
    No.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Subway is some of the foulest food I've ever tasted.

If you aren't in/around Philly just don't get a cheesesteak. Get something they can cook where you are.

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    A different opinion -- Subway is awful.  Not the steak, at least I cannot comment on that as I never had one there.  Their sandwiches, in general, are a crime against sandwich humanity.
    :lol:  This has nothing to do with living in the Philly area -- although since I moved here back in 2012 I gained a new appreciation of the level to which the sandwich game can be raised to.  I thought the same thing living in CA for 20 years.  Subway was an option only if there was no other option.
    [And...I make money off from Subway as they are a client of one of our partners.  :lol:  I still feel the same way.]
    Same here. Grew up in the middle of nowhere in western PA and still hated subway. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m all over it!

No.
    If Jersey mike s is a vendor at shn I ll be buying you a cheese steak and will
    hand deliver it to you.  
    edited September 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m all over it!

No.
    hand deliver it to you.  
    They call their hoagie's subs. I will respectfully decline. I'll take a beer though. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    What's he supposed to say....they still weren't good?

Too funny
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m all over it!

No.
    hand deliver it to you.  
    They call their hoagie's subs. I will respectfully decline. I'll take a beer though. 
    What the heck is a hoagie?!?! Subs all the way.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m all over it!

No.
    hand deliver it to you.  
    What the heck is a hoagie?!?! Subs all the way.  
    It’s a hero, or you’re a zero. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Grinder, baby!
    (Just kidding.  I don't care what ya call it as long as it is good.)
    Grinder, baby!
    That's just a toasted hoagie
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Grinder, baby!
    You ever been to White House Subs in ac?  Haven’t been in years but easily one of the best subs I ve ever had.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Grinder, baby!
    You ever been to White House Subs in ac?  Haven’t been in years but easily one of the best subs I ve ever had.  

I have read about this place a number of times but have yet to go.  Will be sure to do so!

Grinder, baby!
    Agree.  Damn tasty!

Yeah White House is good stuff
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    They have one in the hard rock now too. I think I’ve only had the original spot once or twice so I can’t compare that much, especially considering I was hungover as all hell, but the hard rock spot is pretty spot of from what I remember
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Grinder, baby!
    I got into this with my wife over the weekend.

Our daughter had a hockey tournament in the land of grinders, and since my wife is from there, I asked her about this. She said it’s just a hero/sub/hoagie—cold or hot. 

I thought the same as you, Juggs, but I wasn’t going to argue with the local. 

Maybe it’s a regional thing, even within that state. :i_dunno:
    I SAW PEARL JAM