Sea.Hear.Now

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    davidos said:
    I need to search this thread for parking info....
    Same boat. I’m staying about 15 miles away so I’m trying to figure out if I drive or Uber. I’m doing the Reignwolf after show so leaning Uber but some good parking information would be welcome. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    on2legs said:
    rey said:

Get in line early for food.  Lines were so long and unmanageable in 2019 that I ended up leaving the festival both days to get food on the boardwalk,

and with food industry hurting for employees, might be extra long. 
    Positive as always!
    I’m aiming for a 2:1 negative, positive posts these days. How am I doing? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    ComeToTX said:
    davidos said:
    Same boat. I’m staying about 15 miles away so I’m trying to figure out if I drive or Uber. I’m doing the Reignwolf after show so leaning Uber but some good parking information would be welcome. 
    Parking will be a pain.  Best bet is to find a spot in a nearby town and either walk or Uber from there. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    rey said:

Get in line early for food.  Lines were so long and unmanageable in 2019 that I ended up leaving the festival both days to get food on the boardwalk,

Positive as always!
    You seem to be unusually triggered by the threads that have to do with the live shows. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    rey said:

Positive as always!
    You seem to be unusually triggered by the threads that have to do with the live shows. 
    I’m concerned for us all, deeply hope for the best & mean not to throw judgement towards any of you. Again, if that has happened, not my intention. I like most of you, and based on very limited information at that. I feel like this is a place I can share honestly with others. My comment was meant to say perhaps be prepared for a longer than usual wait food-wise. Not sure how the service industry is faring where you are, but here it is abysmal. Places opening late due, closing early due to staffing shortages, closing shop permanently, not enough people to work deliveries. Am I triggered? Maybe, that’s not a term usually applied to a Gen-Xer though. Yep, so just concerned and worried about and for a lot of people. But my quoted comment was pretty straight forward. I should be able to express that here right? Is there space in your discussions for me to say what I feel without being judged? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    rey said:

Positive as always!
    I’m concerned for us all, deeply hope for the best & mean not to throw judgement towards any of you. Again, if that has happened, not my intention. I like most of you, and based on very limited information at that. I feel like this is a place I can share honestly with others. My comment was meant to say perhaps be prepared for a longer than usual wait food-wise. Not sure how the service industry is faring where you are, but here it is abysmal. Places opening late due, closing early due to staffing shortages, closing shop permanently, not enough people to work deliveries. Am I triggered? Maybe, that’s not a term usually applied to a Gen-Xer though. Yep, so just concerned and worried about and for a lot of people. But my quoted comment was pretty straight forward. I should be able to express that here right? Is there space in your discussions for me to say what I feel without being judged? 
    Just my honest opinion as someone reading your posts… You seem to very triggered by discussions about the live shows.  You seemed to have recognized it yourself as well judging by your numerous comments about stepping away. 

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:
    davidos said:
    Parking will be a pain.  Best bet is to find a spot in a nearby town and either walk or Uber from there. 
    or ride a bike (That's my plan)
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 466
    ^^ I may throw a bike in the car as well… hope I can lock it up there.
    davidos said:
    Someone posted some info earlier in the thread from the promoter confirming there will be bike racks available. 

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    rey said:

Positive as always!
    Just my honest opinion as someone reading your posts… You seem to very triggered by discussions about the live shows.  You seemed to have recognized it yourself as well judging by your numerous comments about stepping away. 
    Which I respect you sharing dude. Take care, be safe & have a great time at the festival! Same goes to the rest of you. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legs said:
    davidos said:
    Someone posted some info earlier in the thread from the promoter confirming there will be bike racks available. 
    It’s on the official SHN site. A bike parking spot. That’s my plan as well. Park in ocean grove or close to it and bike in 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    rey said:

Positive as always!
    Which I respect you sharing dude. Take care, be safe & have a great time at the festival! Same goes to the rest of you. 
    When and if you are ready to attend shows again, I wish your first show back is better than anything you saw before.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    rey said:

Positive as always!
    When and if you are ready to attend shows again, I wish your first show back is better than anything you saw before.  
    Praying The Office GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    on2legs said:
    davidos said:
    It’s on the official SHN site. A bike parking spot. That’s my plan as well. Park in ocean grove or close to it and bike in 
    From their website:

Bicycle Parking

Bike parking at Sea.Hear.Now will be available at the corner of 5th Avenue & Kingsley Street – near the main festival entrance. Cyclists must provide their own locks.

I’m still waiting for the update on charging stations!

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Am I really thinking about going? I hate festivals and everything I hear about this makes me not want to go. Is the VIP worth the $700? 
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    Rancid/DKM are playing outside in Asbury Park tonight.    Didnt look very mask oriented.  Could be the crowd though, I was one of maybe a handful at their show in Worcester wearing a mask.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    nicknyr15 said:
    Am I really thinking about going? I hate festivals and everything I hear about this makes me not want to go. Is the VIP worth the $700? 
    I wouldn’t miss it but I go to plenty of festivals and everything about this particular one does sound like a complete pain!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I wouldn’t miss it but I go to plenty of festivals and everything about this particular one does sound like a complete pain!
    Agreed.  I only live 10 minutes away and it’s going to be a pain to deal with for me. I’m thinking about parking a car nearby a day ahead and then getting dropped off on the day of the festival.  

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    3 more weeks and you lucky fans will be seeing the first show back!

Gotta think the band is rehearsing right now in Seattle. Hopefully pull out a cool set for you guys and can't wait to hear the new songs!
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    PJNB said:
    3 more weeks and you lucky fans will be seeing the first show back!

Gotta think the band is rehearsing right now in Seattle. Hopefully pull out a cool set for you guys and can't wait to hear the new songs!
    Can't wait.

Got sucked into seeing Jason Aldean last weekend in the pit, 2nd row, with my wife. Hate country, but damn it was great seeing live music. Counting the days!
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 982
    Watching the Moline stream right now dreaming of a Red Mosquito with Danny Clinch at SHN!!

9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Anyone have any info on if you can bring any food into SHN? I see you can bring in an empty metal water bottle; but I see no mention of food items. Looking to bring in some cliff bars and vegan sandwiches.

Andrew
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    edited August 2021
    Drdeal said:
    Anyone have any info on if you can bring any food into SHN? I see you can bring in an empty metal water bottle; but I see no mention of food items. Looking to bring in some cliff bars and vegan sandwiches.

Andrew
    In the past, no food allowed, only water bottle. But the pat downs are pretty lax. They only wand, so if you have a cliff bar in your pocket I’d think you’d be fine. Worth the risk anyway right
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    davidos said:
    I've never been but am staying 5 miles away in W. Long Branch and scouted out some parking. Not sure if I have to drive or if I can uber/train.

I scouted the Sea Hear Now site faq about parking and they had a link to the city page. There are quite a few parking garages on the city information site. My guess is be early and maybe you will land a spot. Maybe a SHN veteran has better insight.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    davidos said:
    I've never been but am staying 5 miles away in W. Long Branch and scouted out some parking. Not sure if I have to drive or if I can uber/train.

I scouted the Sea Hear Now site faq about parking and they had a link to the city page. There are quite a few parking garages on the city information site. My guess is be early and maybe you will land a spot. Maybe a SHN veteran has better insight.
    This. Gonna be renting a car from Newark when I fly in.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    edited August 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    It is going to be a shit show, lines for food, lines for beer, long waits for transportation, very crowded for a hundred yards from the stage and I hope you dont need to use the bathroom. It might even be cold or rain.  Festivals are what you make them.  I would not be flying in from far away for this. But notwithstanding all of that, PJ hits the stage on Saturday night and it will all be worth it when we hear the band.  There is potential for some very special things to happen, and although they rarely do end up happening, circumstances are different this time. Do not overthink it.  Party on the beach with PJ as the house band with all of us crazy fans. Is it worth all of that for the 1% chance Bruce shows up and does because the night with Patti or a grand finale of people have the power with PJ? Yeah, I think so. Andy by the way the Avetts, Dr. Dog, and Matt & Kim are also worth a listen.  Sunday is completely optional LOL.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I am way late on this question, and I know it’s probably been answered at some point, but if I’m driving in from Philly and planning on arriving to the general vicinity around 6:00, is that a horrible idea? Will I have to park a thousand miles away and have to walk really far to get to the festival?
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,311
    It's a horrible decision insofar as you'll miss Dr. Dog
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 698
    RiotZact said:
    I am way late on this question, and I know it’s probably been answered at some point, but if I’m driving in from Philly and planning on arriving to the general vicinity around 6:00, is that a horrible idea? Will I have to park a thousand miles away and have to walk really far to get to the festival?
    I'm curious about this as well.  What's parking like later in the day?