Options

Sea.Hear.Now

Comments

• Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited September 2021
    I have to say, I’m shocked at the number of people trying to sell their SHN tickets for face/less than face on some of the other pages

I thought demand for the first show back in 3+ years would be insane but I guess I was wrong 
    Delta variant and breakthrough Covid cases for the vaccinated may be a big reason folks are shying away. 
    Post edited by Renfield on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Has anybody lined up yet?
    I’ve been at Lacoste Lounge since August 16th with a sharpie. I’m #4
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Renfield said:
    I have to say, I’m shocked at the number of people trying to sell their SHN tickets for face/less than face on some of the other pages

I thought demand for the first show back in 3+ years would be insane but I guess I was wrong 
    Delta variant and breakthrough Covid cases for the vaccinated may be a big reason folks are shying away. 
    It's also a 2 day festival, where you can't just buy single day admission, that's a pain in the balls for a lot of people to get to, and where they will play 2/3 of an arena show.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    mcgruff10 said:
    Has anybody lined up yet?
    I’ve been at Lacoste Lounge since August 16th with a sharpie. I’m #4
    I never knew lacoste had a lounge/store in ap. Is this you?Men39s Lacoste Slim Fit Embroidered Crocodile Cotton Piqu Polo Shirt   LACOSTE
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited September 2021
    I definitely understand how all of the above could be keeping people away

But TODAY has been 3 YEARS since the band has taken the stage.  I just figured people would be more willing to deal with the ins and outs of a festival/festival setlist for an event like this.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Saltzy23 said:
    Renfield said:

It's also a 2 day festival, where you can't just buy single day admission, that's a pain in the balls for a lot of people to get to, and where they will play 2/3 of an arena show.
    It’s going to be a long day for me. Taking the train to arrive in Asbury Park around 6:00, PJ goes on 8:30-10:30, then I hope to walk back to the station to catch the last train back at 11:57. Otherwise, next train is 5:43 a.m. Going solo. 

p.s. ‘I ain’t gots no balls’ ;)
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    Saltzy23 said:
    Renfield said:

Also, a lot of people bought tickets for it a year and a half ago. 
  • Options
    Renfield said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Renfield said:

It’s going to be a long day for me. Taking the train to arrive in Asbury Park around 6:00, PJ goes on 8:30-10:30, then I hope to walk back to the station to catch the last train back at 11:57. Otherwise, next train is 5:43 a.m. Going solo. 

p.s. ‘I ain’t gots no balls’ ;)
    @Renfield Remember that train doesn't go directly to nyc, you have to switch in Long Branch.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,804

But TODAY has been 3 YEARS since the band has taken the stage.  I just figured people would be more willing to deal with the ins and outs of a festival/festival setlist for an event like this.
    I’ve literally never missed an area show. I even sat through Beyoncé to see them play an hour at Central Park. I just can’t get excited for this. I don’t know why. It’ll be the first one I missed….. I think ever. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I’ve literally never missed an area show. I even sat through Beyoncé to see them play an hour at Central Park. I just can’t get excited for this. I don’t know why. It’ll be the first one I missed….. I think ever. 
    You aren't going because you can't handle Jersey waves.  ;)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    nicknyr15 said:

I feel you, this fest has nightmare written all over it.  My expectations are low.  But there is no way I am missing Pearl Jam returning to the stage if it is happening in the tri state area.  I will be towards the back, hanging with friends, having a drink or two, flip flops getting sandy, and listening to live Pearl Jam. They could play mary had a little lamb ten times in a row and I would still be happy. 
  • Options
    Tickets down to $167 on ticketmaster....I might grab an extra one for my daughter if they continue to fall.  
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    nicknyr15 said:

Just curious 

How would you feel if Pearl Jam announced today that they’re playing 2 warm up shows in Arenas locally

Wondering if some people individually aren’t ready, or if PJ needs to put a spark into things and pull some Foo Fighters like stuff 

Because what also seems weird to me is how quiet the band has been on social media

You think they would be promoting / getting the people excited for their first show in 3 years
    But that doesn’t seem to be the case 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,806
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tickets down to $167 on ticketmaster....I might grab an extra one for my daughter if they continue to fall.  
    Not sure what the low limit is but TM Exchange forces you to post a minimum price. You can not post below face value with all fees included..
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    nicknyr15 said:

Just curious 

How would you feel if Pearl Jam announced today that they’re playing 2 warm up shows in Arenas locally

Wondering if some people individually aren’t ready, or if PJ needs to put a spark into things and pull some Foo Fighters like stuff 

Because what also seems weird to me is how quiet the band has been on social media

You think they would be promoting / getting the people excited for their first show in 3 years
    But that doesn’t seem to be the case 
    I’d be all in on any arena show anywhere near me. I would even travel for that. It’s not covid or crowds that are keeping me away. I’m not even a huge FF fan but that MSG SHOW blew me away. Man. What energy from the band and the crowd!!!
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

You aren't going because you can't handle Jersey waves.  ;)
     You got me. Hahaha.  
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Not sure what the low limit is but TM Exchange forces you to post a minimum price. You can not post below face value with all fees included..
    aaah I did not know that.  maybe stub hub then.
  • Options
    I think we all can agree that arena or shed shows would be way better. I personally hate festivals now that I'm pushing 40, but it's what you make of it.

Find a spot, drink some beers and hang with friends listening to live PJ sounds pretty fucking good regardless of venue. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I think we all can agree that arena or shed shows would be way better. I personally hate festivals now that I'm pushing 40, but it's what you make of it.

Find a spot, drink some beers and hang with friends listening to live PJ sounds pretty fucking good regardless of venue. 
    THIS
  • Options

This is me 100%

Any normal year I’m out for festivals at this point 

But right now, I’d stand in the back and listen to even flow and Small Town played back to back 10 times if that’s all I can get 
  • Options

This is me 100%

Any normal year I’m out for festivals at this point 

But right now, I’d stand in the back and listen to even flow and Small Town played back to back 10 times if that’s all I can get 
    Haha, I'm with ya man. 

• Options
    There's going to be a fight for the back!!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    That's really what people are lining up for man. Mid to back is the new rail  ;)
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    mcgruff10 said:
    That's really what people are lining up for man. Mid to back is the new rail  ;)
    Ideally looking for as far back that is the least dense and near the water.
  • Options
    Dudes...

We're all gonna bag these free VIP tickets in an hour and casually stroll to within 100' of the stage 15 mins before the set.

Let's go...
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Dudes...

We're all gonna bag these free VIP tickets in an hour and casually stroll to within 100' of the stage 15 mins before the set.

Let's go...
    If anyone snags an extra through Verizon, I'd be willing to float the tab for the bar for the extra and give away my GA for free.

I'd do it myself, but it's location based and not available. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ideally looking for as far back that is the least dense and near the water.
    Smart play.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Dudes...

Let's go...
    If anyone snags an extra through Verizon, I'd be willing to float the tab for the bar for the extra and give away my GA for free.

If I snag em, I need to use my +1 for my buddy.

I will have 2 extra GA+ I'll need to upload though.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Dudes...

Let's go...

If I snag em, I need to use my +1 for my buddy.

I will have 2 extra GA+ I'll need to upload though.
    I'll ask some friends. I'd only want to jump to VIP if it was at all possible. I'll PM you if they are interested. 
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone trying for VZ VIPs!  Remember, log on to app, make sure you click "Yes" after you click "Claim" and have your e-mail ready to paste (2 x).  My buddy accidentally hit "No" yesterday and lost out.
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)