*** GUNS N' ROSES ***

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Fucking phenominal. On at 8 prompt. 2hr 25 main set 2 song encore. Having fun and sounding great.

glad we made the trip....pics to follow....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    Fucking phenominal. On at 8 prompt. 2hr 25 main set 2 song encore. Having fun and sounding great.

Did you rock out to Absurd?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mickeyrat said:

Did you rock out to Absurd?

didnt know what it was. looked it up and saw new single. would have preferred some familiarity with it before the live punch.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I heard the studio version over the weekend....it's growing on me.  Kickass riff
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Slashes solo piece into Sweet Child O Mine.

tried to take a pic during and it paused audio recording...

• onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 375
    Gonna c G’n’F’n’R in Los Angles Aug19, and San Jose Aug25. We got ga pit for LA. Can’t wait. 🎸🍁🤘😎🤘
  • you lucky kats! when the gunners first hit mtv it changed everything for me.
    i was never a huge hair band fan, but the gunners were different...sweet child of mine! mr brownstone etc etc !
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    you lucky kats! when the gunners first hit mtv it changed everything for me.
    i was never a huge hair band fan, but the gunners were different...sweet child of mine! mr brownstone etc etc !
    they sure were. same outfits, but WAY different music/attitude. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

you lucky kats! when the gunners first hit mtv it changed everything for me.
    Their first album had been out about six months or so before I heard it.  My roommate at college had it and it blew me away.  I had heard Jungle and Sweet Child a bunch from MTV but I didn't care a lot for those songs.  The rest of the album kicked ass though.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Seems they this tour has skipped the Pyro, gotten rid of the click tracks and are playing the songs slower (more in line with the studio versions). And from what I've seen Axl seems like he is having fun.

I think this would be a good tour to see them on.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Seems they this tour has skipped the Pyro, gotten rid of the click tracks and are playing the songs slower (more in line with the studio versions). And from what I've seen Axl seems like he is having fun.

What do you mean by click tracks?

I had planned to see them in Baltimore as they are scheduled to be in the same little arena PJ is schedule to play.  But alas it appears that is the same night as Ohana and I'm heading out there. Maybe Raleigh can work.

Are you going to the Swedish show in 2022?
  • mrussel1 said:
    Seems they this tour has skipped the Pyro, gotten rid of the click tracks and are playing the songs slower (more in line with the studio versions). And from what I've seen Axl seems like he is having fun.

What do you mean by click tracks?

I had planned to see them in Baltimore as they are scheduled to be in the same little arena PJ is schedule to play.  But alas it appears that is the same night as Ohana and I'm heading out there. Maybe Raleigh can work.

Are you going to the Swedish show in 2022?
    I saw them in 2018 here in my hometown. That is more than enough for a lifetime. Too much stale arena theater for me.

The drummer drummed to a click track (Which I guess the pyro and the screens was synced to also), but read someone saying they had skipped them this tour. Could be wrong.
    Detroits city specific tour shirt...

mickeyrat said:

It was a cool print, for sure.  Was it around by time you got there?
    edited August 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

It was a cool print, for sure.  Was it around by time you got there?

no. saw 1 guy wearing it , headed to his seat. Dont recall it at the merch stands either. All shirts come with this official gnr merch foil sticker with a qr code to a tour truck website. bought it off that  ,  that night. city shirts available for a day or two then on to the next one.
    Bonus is you're guaranteed to get your size.
    plan on at least checking out the Cbus one in Sept. Have to work  so no show but interested to see what they do for it .

gnrtourtruck.com
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 375
    Tonight San Jose Shirt. 8-25-21
  • Wrigley on Thursday night. Can’t freaking wait. For those that have been going this tour, how’s the show? What’s the merch situation like? How’s Axl sounding?
  • Wrigley on Thursday night. Can’t freaking wait. For those that have been going this tour, how’s the show? What’s the merch situation like? How’s Axl sounding?
    From what I have gathered:

- Axl is having more fun and is more verbal than at former tours
    - He actually sounds semi good, better than 2018
    - They play the songs this tour more at the speed of the studio versions (perheps to help Axl out)
    - Everyone is hoping for the song Hard skool to premiere , but it never does (they soundcheck it).

Wrigley on Thursday night. Can’t freaking wait. For those that have been going this tour, how’s the show? What’s the merch situation like? How’s Axl sounding?

merch availibility depends on size. I didnt see the city specific shirts til midshow on a guy. They have a website.  gnrtourtruck.com . you can grab any shirt there. city shirt for just a couple days after. all shirts $50 each. couple classic designs and a couple new ones.

Show was fantastic imo. saw them at the tigers ballpark. on stage ON TIME. Thought Axl sounded good for a 59 yr old screamer, couter to other reports. he hits his shit pretty close to back when. seemed to be having fun. Slash and Duff were on point and note perfect.rest of the band were right there with em.

you will have a great time. they play from the whole catalog. including chinese democracy for 2.
    if you are of a mind, setlist.fm has what they are doing this tour.

have fun!!!!

edited September 2021
    Wrigley on Thursday night. Can’t freaking wait. For those that have been going this tour, how’s the show? What’s the merch situation like? How’s Axl sounding?
    I can't say that I have been too impressed with some of Axl's vocals in some videos I have seen from recent shows but I thought he sounded ok when we saw them in Indy.

The sound inside the stadium wasn't good at all.

I was a bit put off by Slash's "guitar solo" which was really just 8 minutes of playing along with a blues riff and a lot of string bending.

Good show though. Lots of merch but nothing I was too thrilled about.  Same T-shirts that they have been selling for 30 years.

oh....and fucking Lucas Oil stadium stopped selling beer at 930pm.  That was bullshit

I can't say that I have been too impressed with some of Axl's vocals in some videos I have seen from recent shows but I thought he sounded ok when we saw them in Indy.

The sound inside the stadium wasn't good at all.

I was a bit put off by Slash's "guitar solo" which was really just 8 minutes of playing along with a blues riff and a lot of string bending.

Good show though. Lots of merch but nothing I was too thrilled about.  Same T-shirts that they have been selling for 30 years.

oh....and fucking Lucas Oil stadium stopped selling beer at 930pm.  That was bullshit
    Axl didn't sound good in '88.  Why would he now?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I saw a recent video of them with Dave Grohl, and it sounds like Axl's vocals are worse than the last time. I mean good on em' for carrying on and putting on a big show, but damn. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    For some reason, you tube videos, Axl's voice never comes off good, no matter what. But when at the show, he sounds great. Only fault is the same core setlist all the time. Have tickets for Dublin next year. Hopefully they switch it about by then. 
    Kearnsy
  • Hard Skool tonite?
  • Thanks for the info all. Tonight’s the night! Do they other city specific merch besides the tshirts? Stickers, patches, posters?….
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Pit tickets for tonight have dropped from $300 to $59. Id be so pissed if I payed full price for this. 
    Kearnsy
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Kearn5y said:
    Pit tickets for tonight have dropped from $300 to $59. Id be so pissed if I payed full price for this. 
    holy crap!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Great show last night. Axl still kinda has it. He looked like he was having a blast and the band did not disappoint. Sound was kinda a mess at wrigley, but that somewhat expected. Curfew was strict and they seemed to rush paradise city to make sure they were done in time.  If you were a fan for appetite I’d certainly pic up some cheap tix day of the show and have a blast!
  • 30 year anniversary of the Illusion albums.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Pluto TV is airing all of their Illusions videos in a row.  

Damn what an awesome time period.  Had those albums and Ten on shuffle constantly in my cd player