#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    edited August 2021
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    anyway, biden is telling gop governors to get out of the way on covid. and florida gov is telling him to address the border. talk about deflection.

Biden is increasing the COVID infection rates by allowing a massive amount of sick immigrants into this country. The Canada border is still closed but the Mexico border is still wide open for anyone to come in.

Both sides have their issues.
    Funny, I don't recall your criticism during the POOTWH Administration. But lets build a wall that Mexico will pay for and separate children migrants from their/there/they're parents.

There was no global pandemic during the POOTWH's Administration. This administration is allowing sick people in left and right without vaccination. They know they are sick and still allowing insane amounts in every single day.

Separating children from their parents at the border is cruel but so is allowing sick people into this country with no plan on trying to contain COVID with these migrants.
    Guess you haven't seen the reporting on the Biden Administration wanting to vaccinate migrants apprehended at the border?

To the bold, how does that look, "allowing sick people in left and right?" Describe that to me, please. A welcome mat? Looking the other way? Not doing anything about it?

"There was no global pandemic during the POOTWH Administration?" It started January 20, 2021? What alternate universe do you occupy? 614,000+ dead 'Muricans in 7 months?

Your first sentence is a complete lie. Again.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    here we go again.....

Sturgis bike rally revs back bigger, despite virus variant
    By STEPHEN GROVES
    Today

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Crowds of bikers are rumbling their way towards South Dakota's Black Hills this week, raising fears that COVID-19 infections will be unleashed among the 700,000 people expected to show up at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

The rally, which starts Friday, has become a haven for those eager to escape coronavirus precautions. Last year, the rally hardly slowed down, with roughly 460,000 people attending. Masks were mostly ditched as bikers crowded into bars, tattoo parlors and rock shows, offering a lesson in how massive gatherings could spread waves of the virus across the country.

This year — the 81st iteration of the rally — is expected to be even bigger, drawing people from around the U.S. and beyond, despite concerns about the virus’ highly contagious delta variant.

“It’s great to see a party of hundreds of thousands of people,” said Zoltán Vári, a rallygoer who was settling into his campsite Tuesday after making the trek from Hungary.

He was eager to return to riding a Harley-Davidson through the Black Hills after missing last year. Vári evaded U.S. tourism travel restrictions on Europe by spending two weeks in Costa Rica before making his way to South Dakota. He hopes 1 million people will show up. Typical attendance is around a half a million.

The city of Sturgis, usually a sleepy community of under 7,000, tried to tamp things down last year, canceling most city-sponsored events and promotion, but hordes of bikers showed up anyway.

“The rally is a behemoth, and you cannot stop it,” said Carol Fellner, a local who worried that this year's event would cause a fresh outbreak of cases. “I feel absolutely powerless.”

This year, the city is embracing the crowds. Republican Gov. Kristi Noem has given the rally her blessing and will appear in a charity ride. The event is a boon for tourism, powering over $800 million in sales, according to the state Department of Tourism.

The rally is happening as other giant summer events — from state fairs to music festivals like Lollapalooza — are returning around the U.S. In Wisconsin, health officials say nearly 500 coronavirus cases may be linked to the crowds that attended Milwaukee Bucks games or gathered outside the team’s arena — estimated as high as 100,000 one night — during their push to the NBA championship.

continues.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    anyway, biden is telling gop governors to get out of the way on covid. and florida gov is telling him to address the border. talk about deflection.

Biden is increasing the COVID infection rates by allowing a massive amount of sick immigrants into this country. The Canada border is still closed but the Mexico border is still wide open for anyone to come in.

Funny, I don't recall your criticism during the POOTWH Administration. But lets build a wall that Mexico will pay for and separate children migrants from their/there/they're parents.

There was no global pandemic during the POOTWH's Administration. This administration is allowing sick people in left and right without vaccination. They know they are sick and still allowing insane amounts in every single day.

Separating children from their parents at the border is cruel but so is allowing sick people into this country with no plan on trying to contain COVID with these migrants.
    Guess you haven't seen the reporting on the Biden Administration wanting to vaccinate migrants apprehended at the border?

To the bold, how does that look, "allowing sick people in left and right?" Describe that to me, please. A welcome mat? Looking the other way? Not doing anything about it?

"There was no global pandemic during the POOTWH Administration?" It started January 20, 2021? What alternate universe do you occupy? 614,000+ dead 'Muricans in 7 months?

I am sorry. You are correct. The pandemic did start while Trump was in office. It was not a lie but a misstatement, a foolish misstatement at that.

Do you have the reporting on the Biden Admin wanting to vaccinate migrants?

Yes, there was a welcoming mat when Biden & Harris told migrants to come to America.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I am sorry. You are correct. The pandemic did start while Trump was in office. It was not a lie but a misstatement, a foolish misstatement at that.

Yes, there was a welcoming mat when Biden & Harris told migrants to come to America.

I 100% agree with you. How can you have the northern border closed but the southern border wide open? If anything you need to vaccinate anyone crossing the border before allowing them entry in the US.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

By Nick Miroff and Maria Sacchetti

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/biden-vaccines-migrants-border/2021/08/03/afaff516-f471-11eb-83e7-06a8a299c310_story.html

Biden administration preparing to offer vaccines to migrants along Mexico border
    By Nick Miroff and Maria Sacchetti
    August 03 at 7:26 PM ET
    The Biden administration is preparing to begin offering coronavirus vaccine to migrants in U.S. custody along the Mexico border, where illegal crossings are at their highest levels in over two decades and health officials are struggling with soaring numbers of infections, according to two Department of Homeland Security officials with knowledge of the plan.
    Until now, only a limited number of migrants have received vaccine while held in longer-term U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention facilities. Under the broad outlines of the new plan, DHS would vaccinate migrants soon after they cross into the United States as they await processing by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
    Vaccine would be provided to those facing deportation as well as migrants likely to be released into the United States pending a court hearing, said one of the two officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the tentative plan. Migrants who are quickly sent back to Mexico under the Title 42 public health law would not be offered a dose, at least during the initial phase, the person said.
    The Biden administration plans to use the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, whose single-dose regimen is better suited to a transient population that may not be able to coordinate a second shot, the DHS officials said.
    In a statement, DHS spokesperson Meira Bernstein said the department will “continue to monitor and reassess” its pandemic protocols, but she insisted that no decisions have been made. “At this time, our protocols have not changed,” she said.
    continues.....

reporting on plan to vax migrants...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mcgruff10 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I 100% agree with you. How can you have the northern border closed but the southern border wide open? If anything you need to vaccinate anyone crossing the border before allowing them entry in the US.

all crossing checkpoints are closed and have been since last year excepting essential travel, just like the northern border.

yes its true the southern border is wide open even with the "wall" but guess what so is the northern border.....

mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

all crossing checkpoints are closed and have been since last year excepting essential travel, just like the northern border.

yes its true the southern border is wide open even with the "wall" but guess what so is the northern border.....
    But we are still allowing people in this country from the southern border.  You and I know that is the difference.  
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Stop with the facts. Just stop.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Quote, link and context, please. I’m trying to understand your perception of “allowing sick people In left and right.”

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

By Nick Miroff and Maria Sacchetti

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/biden-vaccines-migrants-border/2021/08/03/afaff516-f471-11eb-83e7-06a8a299c310_story.html

Biden administration preparing to offer vaccines to migrants along Mexico border
    By Nick Miroff and Maria Sacchetti
    August 03 at 7:26 PM ET
    The Biden administration is preparing to begin offering coronavirus vaccine to migrants in U.S. custody along the Mexico border, where illegal crossings are at their highest levels in over two decades and health officials are struggling with soaring numbers of infections, according to two Department of Homeland Security officials with knowledge of the plan.
    Until now, only a limited number of migrants have received vaccine while held in longer-term U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention facilities. Under the broad outlines of the new plan, DHS would vaccinate migrants soon after they cross into the United States as they await processing by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
    Vaccine would be provided to those facing deportation as well as migrants likely to be released into the United States pending a court hearing, said one of the two officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the tentative plan. Migrants who are quickly sent back to Mexico under the Title 42 public health law would not be offered a dose, at least during the initial phase, the person said.
    The Biden administration plans to use the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, whose single-dose regimen is better suited to a transient population that may not be able to coordinate a second shot, the DHS officials said.
    In a statement, DHS spokesperson Meira Bernstein said the department will “continue to monitor and reassess” its pandemic protocols, but she insisted that no decisions have been made. “At this time, our protocols have not changed,” she said.
    continues.....

reporting on plan to vax migrants...
    I can't read the whole article as I don't have a Washington Post subscription. From what I see here is says, "is preparing to offer....". That's  great start but what about those who refuse to take it and still want asylum?

There are plenty of polls that have been released showing the the majority of Americans disapprove of how the Biden Admin has handled their immigration policies. I'll concur that Trump also had a poor rating on the border so what is the solution and who has it? Maybe there never will be a good solution but I don't like the idea of sick migrants coming into this country. If they refuse the vaccine at the border, why would they ever take it? Mandating proof of vaccination is growing every day. I don't see there being an issue with mandating that all migrants should have to take the vaccine unless they have a medical condition which can be proven to be harmful to their health.

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Quote, link and context, please. I’m trying to understand your perception of “allowing sick people In left and right.”

" Only those showing symptoms of Covid are tested. The rest are released, according to CBP with a notice to appear in an immigration court."

"More than 1,000 immigrants were infected with COVID-19 as of Aug. 1, among more than 22,500 confirmed cases since the pandemic began, the Post reported."

"NEW: I asked the executive director of Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley how many COVID positive migrants they are currently housing in local hotels. She told me “I have been advised not to comment.”"

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    JB16057 said:

"NEW: I asked the executive director of Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley how many COVID positive migrants they are currently housing in local hotels. She told me “I have been advised not to comment.”"

How damning. 
    Was this not the headline on "border news"??  How surprising.  What's your next argument?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/hundreds-migrants-vaccinated-against-coronavirus-us-mexico-border-city-2021-08-03/
    mrussel1 said:
    Was this not the headline on "border news"??  How surprising.  What's your next argument?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/hundreds-migrants-vaccinated-against-coronavirus-us-mexico-border-city-2021-08-03/
    This is definitely encouraging news.  Good find. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

But we are still allowing people in this country from the southern border.  You and I know that is the difference.  

from march. will look for something closer to current...

mrussel1 said:

That's awesome that hundreds of migrants have been vaccinated but what about the other thousands that are currently spreading COVID across America?

JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's awesome that hundreds of migrants have been vaccinated but what about the other thousands that are currently spreading COVID across America?

They can go get it if they are already in the US. There's no insurance required.  Unless you're supportive of the feds knocking on doors and forcing vaccinations. 
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

They can go get it if they are already in the US. There's no insurance required.  Unless you're supportive of the feds knocking on doors and forcing vaccinations. 
    I do believe that if migrants want access to the US, they should be forced to take the vaccination.
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I do believe that if migrants want access to the US, they should be forced to take the vaccination.
    But not citizens,  is that right? So the right to refuse the vaccine isn't a human right? 
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

source for that assertion? you stating fact with that, no?

mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

source for that assertion? you stating fact with that, no?
    No. Just assertion.

mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

But not citizens,  is that right? So the right to refuse the vaccine isn't a human right? 
    Did I stutter?
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden administration planning to require foreign visitors be fully vaccinated

Every now and then I do agree with Biden. If his administration is going to consider requiring visitors to be fully vaccinated, the same should apply to the migrants that want to come to stay in our country. I do believe there should be medical exemptions.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is definitely encouraging news.  Good find. 
    Yup. Definitely good news.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden administration planning to require foreign visitors be fully vaccinated

Every now and then I do agree with Biden. If his administration is going to consider requiring visitors to be fully vaccinated, the same should apply to the migrants that want to come to stay in our country. I do believe there should be medical exemptions.

which dovetails nicely with the plan for migrants, no?

JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Did I stutter?
    Yeah you fucking stuttered.  Dumb comment.  So since the implication wasn’t clear, do you think US citizens should be forced to vaccinate?
    edited August 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Did I stutter?
    Yeah you fucking stuttered.  Dumb comment.  So since the implication wasn’t clear, do you think US citizens should be forced to vaccinate?
    4. Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP). You can begin a new topic of your own in the appropriate forum.

Almost forgot these too:
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

EJB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Did I stutter?
    4. Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP). You can begin a new topic of your own in the appropriate forum.

Almost forgot these too:
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

Go ahead and bail again.  You get owned daily here because your arguments lack thought and consistency.