When will we hear anything about tour rescheduling?

13»

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Man, even the trolls are mailing it in these days... where's the pride?  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:
    Seeing how the numbers are blowing up again in a lot of places, I wouldn't hold my breath. I for one would rather they get back in the studio as they are clearly in no rush, which I totally understand. 
    Except almost all new cases in America are those not vaccinated. Just require vaccinations for entry and reschedule the dates
    Vaccine is 63% effective against Delta, which is what is spreading like crazy. #s of vaccinated that are covid + is increasing substantially. Still quite effective against hospitalization/death, but vaccinated are spreading covid

I though I read that pfizer (and I suppose by proxy) Moderna, were something like 88 or 87% effective against Delta (two weeks after the 2nd shot)?  It's the Astrazeneca that' is 60 something percent, but that one wasn't used in America?

I think it was always known that vaccine people could be asymptomatic, but still spread the virus.

This is going to make tough decisions.  Do you do concerts for only people with vaccines, do you say fuck it, and play them anyway, and the people not getting vaccines can do as they will..  I dunno.   If the vaccines aren't able to return to normal, at what point do we give up?

Israel is at 63% and it used Pfizer. 42 states are seeing increasing cases...give it a week and it will be all 50.

As for your 2nd point, covid is likely here forever. If we can get the deniers on board it will make things semi normal. 
    You are missing one key piece of info from your post though. All the approved vaccines are more than 90% effective in preventing severe disease. That is the most important number. Look at the UK. They are having a lot of cases and their deaths and hospitalizations are incredibly low for their numbers. 

Lets get these reschedules new dates! 
    I said that earlier. That doesn't mean it will stay that way, sadly, especially as more variants crop up.
    Missed that part but still what are we supposed to do going forward? We are not going to force vaccinations on people and as you said variants will continue to crop up. It sounds to me like you are good to not go to shows for awhile. Does that mean that the rest of us have to suffer no shows too? 
    I'm not arguing what people should or shouldn't do, I'm just saying that there is a lot that can change in a short period of time and the band seems like they are not in a rush to get out there because of that. 

As for me, no, I have no interest cramming shoulder to shoulder with 20k people that may or may not be vaccinated. 
    I’m in this camp, even with mandatory show proof of vaccine at shows people willing get fake vaccine cards they are out there in circulation , not good 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:
    Seeing how the numbers are blowing up again in a lot of places, I wouldn't hold my breath. I for one would rather they get back in the studio as they are clearly in no rush, which I totally understand. 
    Except almost all new cases in America are those not vaccinated. Just require vaccinations for entry and reschedule the dates
    Vaccine is 63% effective against Delta, which is what is spreading like crazy. #s of vaccinated that are covid + is increasing substantially. Still quite effective against hospitalization/death, but vaccinated are spreading covid

I though I read that pfizer (and I suppose by proxy) Moderna, were something like 88 or 87% effective against Delta (two weeks after the 2nd shot)?  It's the Astrazeneca that' is 60 something percent, but that one wasn't used in America?

I think it was always known that vaccine people could be asymptomatic, but still spread the virus.

This is going to make tough decisions.  Do you do concerts for only people with vaccines, do you say fuck it, and play them anyway, and the people not getting vaccines can do as they will..  I dunno.   If the vaccines aren't able to return to normal, at what point do we give up?

Israel is at 63% and it used Pfizer. 42 states are seeing increasing cases...give it a week and it will be all 50.

As for your 2nd point, covid is likely here forever. If we can get the deniers on board it will make things semi normal. 
    You are missing one key piece of info from your post though. All the approved vaccines are more than 90% effective in preventing severe disease. That is the most important number. Look at the UK. They are having a lot of cases and their deaths and hospitalizations are incredibly low for their numbers. 

I said that earlier. That doesn't mean it will stay that way, sadly, especially as more variants crop up.
    Missed that part but still what are we supposed to do going forward? We are not going to force vaccinations on people and as you said variants will continue to crop up. It sounds to me like you are good to not go to shows for awhile. Does that mean that the rest of us have to suffer no shows too? 
    I'm not arguing what people should or shouldn't do, I'm just saying that there is a lot that can change in a short period of time and the band seems like they are not in a rush to get out there because of that. 

As for me, no, I have no interest cramming shoulder to shoulder with 20k people that may or may not be vaccinated. 
    I’m in this camp, even with mandatory show proof of vaccine at shows people willing get fake vaccine cards they are out there in circulation , not good 
    I totally get this. I've flown a couple times because we needed to and the full airports and planes are back. It isn't fun. I went to the movies once and it wasn't enjoyable. Crowds sucked before Covid and are worse now. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    JimmyV said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

I totally get this. I've flown a couple times because we needed to and the full airports and planes are back. It isn't fun. I went to the movies once and it wasn't enjoyable. Crowds sucked before Covid and are worse now. 
    I just got back from Hawaii and the crowds/lines on Oahu and Maui were worse than the GA pit at Foo Fighters last month lol
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    JimmyV said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

I just got back from Hawaii and the crowds/lines on Oahu and Maui were worse than the GA pit at Foo Fighters last month lol

Just read an article about how overcrowded everything is and that the airlines were asked to bring less people in or to space out their schedules...but we know they are going to try and cash every check they can given how much they hurt over the last year+.
    Same article talked about how ruthless the vacationers are right now - totally impatient and rude to a level beyond anything seen before.

Sounds about right, although we won't go to Oahu any longer since being fed up with the attitude of the locals there.
    If the tourists are dicks and the locals are dicks, Oahu is for sure not the place for me, now.  :lol:  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited July 2021
    Please remember to be nice. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. Name calling and telling people to cram something sideways = not polite.

Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP). You can begin a new topic of your own in the appropriate forum.

Thank you
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

Post edited by Sea on
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    JimmyV said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

We were in Maui a few weeks ago.  Most restaurants had 2 hour waits if you didn't have reservations (luckily I made ours a month in advance).  Front Street in Maui was as crowded as I had ever seen it.

Seems like everybody is making up for lost time!
  • Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 132
    edited July 2021
    Post edited by Sea on
    Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28
    2006 7/6,7,9,10,12,13; 11/30; 12/2,9
    2009 9/30; 10/1,6,7,9
    2010 5/1
    2013 11/21,23,24
    2014 10/25
    2016 11/14
    2018 8/8,10
    2021 9/26; 10/1,2
    2022 5/3,6,7
  • Sea said:
    Please remember to be nice. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. Name calling and telling people to cram something sideways = not polite.

Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP). You can begin a new topic of your own in the appropriate forum.

Thank you
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

Thanks Sea. Can you send the bat signal out to the band?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 335
    This place is crazy. It doesn't represent the vast majority of Pearl Jam fans who attend the concerts. No wonder the band doesn't pay attention to what is said here. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Up GIFs  Tenor
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    smile6680 said:
    This place is crazy. It doesn't represent the vast majority of Pearl Jam fans who attend the concerts. No wonder the band doesn't pay attention to what is said here. 
    Not necessarily…
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Double vaccinated now.  How long til i grow frustrated from lack of show? :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Zod said:

Least a few months. Guessing Winter 2022. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Zod said:
    Tomorrow 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Zod said:
    Tomorrow 
    not quite yet... I'm actually feeling a little blah form the vaccine... waiting for my enthusiasm to recover :)
    In do time!  =)

• philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192

When will we hear anything about tour rescheduling?

Probably after they've played a bunch of new dates.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    DMB tour resumes tomorrow in Raleigh, NC!!!! :):):):)
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    Stones just announced rescheduled tour dates. Back on the road starting on September 26, 2021 in St. Louis. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament: 'I Don't Know If I Wanna Go Out And Do 30 ...
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

And will be broadcast live on SiriusXM!

DM282158 said:
    Stones just announced rescheduled tour dates. Back on the road starting on September 26, 2021 in St. Louis. 

oh, wow, they didn't reschedule the Vancouver show.  Really glad I made it to the Seattle show before Covid. 

That being said.. I think I need baby steps.. smaller show first, then arena show.   Not sure I have it in me to go straight to a stadium show.. lol.
    Zod said:
    DM282158 said:

oh, wow, they didn't reschedule the Vancouver show.  Really glad I made it to the Seattle show before Covid. 

That being said.. I think I need baby steps.. smaller show first, then arena show.   Not sure I have it in me to go straight to a stadium show.. lol.

Our first one will be on the lawn at an amphitheater in September. Figured it would be easiest to move around if need be and be outdoors.

JimmyV said:

Yeah? Man do I wish Pearl Jam aired some live shows on SiriusXM. Maybe they will from Ohana? 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    demetrios said:
    JimmyV said:

Yeah? Man do I wish Pearl Jam aired some live shows on SiriusXM. Maybe they will from Ohana? 
    +1! Or maybe something on Nugs?
    edited July 2021
    demetrios said:
    JimmyV said:

Absolutely agree. They have the channel and must have the ability. DMB broadcasts their Friday night shows live throughout most tours. It's a pretty cool feature and I doubt it negatively impacts their bottom line. 

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    If I'm not mistaken, I think the Black Crowes concert tomorrow is also going to be broadcast on Sirius. 
    Release the simulcast hounds!