Options

*** Boston I Fanviews 5/24 Here ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Abner11Abner11 Posts: 67
    jdelin wrote:
    I was in loge 22 row 7!

I thought that view looked familiar. I've got about 150 or so pictures from that night in case you want any to add to your collection.
    10/96 Hartford, 9/98 Hartford, 7/03 Mansfield I, 9/04 Boston I, 5/06 Boston I (Best crowd to date)
  • Options
    jdelinjdelin Posts: 189
    Abner11 wrote:
    I thought that view looked familiar. I've got about 150 or so pictures from that night in case you want any to add to your collection.

That would be great! Send me a PM if you got em... thanks! :)

NY 9/29/96; NJ 9/8/98; NY 9/10/98; NY 8/24/00; Mansfield 7/2/03; Mansfield 7/11/03; Boston 9/28/04 (VFC); Post-Letterman, NY 5/4/06; Boston 5/24/06; Boston 5/25/06; Mansfield 6/28/08; Mansfield 6/30/08; Boston 5/17/10; Dublin 6/22/10; Alpine Valley 9/3/11; Alpine Valley 9/4/11; Worcester 10/15/13; Worcester 10/16/13; Brooklyn 10/18/13; Philadelphia 4/29/16; Boston 8/5/16; Boston 8/7/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18

Mike Watt featuring EV, NY 4/27/95; Three Fish w/JA, NY 7/11/96; Three Fish w/JA, NY 6/11/99; EV Solo, Boston 8/1/08, Tres Mts. w/JA & MM, Boston 3/27/11; EV Solo, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    tons of fun, the third show i have seen on this leg and it stays as fresh as the first. from Release to Rockin in the Free World it was one great song after another. Rats again, Down, Love Boat Captain, oh man, simply incredible!
    peace
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    whoYOUare wrote:
    tons of fun, the third show i have seen on this leg and it stays as fresh as the first. from Release to Rockin in the Free World it was one great song after another. Rats again, Down, Love Boat Captain, oh man, simply incredible!

I agree!

SAD blew me away... as well as Red Mosquito, and Rats... and Masters of War was intense!

I think Eddie was pissed at his onstage help... he picked up a sheet of paper (probably lyrics to Forever Young?) after FY, and then slammed it on the stage! Then he yelled into the mic "RICK!" and his 'road crew microphone guy' showed up with another piece of paper. That may be on the boot?

I think it gave him added fuel going into Masters.

ALIVE was so GREAT also... It felt like a celebration!
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Smile_dad wrote:

SAD blew me away... as well as Red Mosquito, and Rats... and Masters of War was intense!

I think Eddie was pissed at his onstage help... he picked up a sheet of paper (probably lyrics to Forever Young?) after FY, and then slammed it on the stage! Then he yelled into the mic "RICK!" and his 'road crew microphone guy' showed up with another piece of paper. That may be on the boot?

I think it gave him added fuel going into Masters.

ALIVE was so GREAT also... It felt like a celebration!

I had forgotten about him yelling "Rick!".........at the time I didn't know what was going on............too funny.

Masters gave me chills that night.

And you're right, Alive was amazing.
    It felt like we were all one body during that song.

I read somewhere that Ed said the crowds at shows changed the meaning of Alive for him, basically from negative to positive, because of the response it triggers. We definitely gave him a positive response!

Listening to the boot, I can't get over how loud the crowd was that night.
    Amazing show.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    just got my boots today and i'm listening to Release and wow i'm getting goose bumps when he lets the crowd sing, amazing! crowd is sick.
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
    just got my boots today and i'm listening to Release and wow i'm getting goose bumps when he lets the crowd sing, amazing! crowd is sick.
    ya, release was great, i liked alive and forever young from night one a lot also
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    jdelin wrote:
    I was in loge 22 row 7!

I was in 22 also, several rows back. Brought my 8 yr old son to the show. I'd love to see any pics you have, are they on a web site?
  • Options
    stillalivejlpstillalivejlp Massachusetts Posts: 76
    I was in the upper balcony to the right of the stage. The sound quality sucked up there (and it was so freaking hot), but the show was awesome. I remember looking down at everyone on the floor during "Alive" when everyone was chanting "Yeah!", and it was a sea of raised arms in unison to the chant. It blew me away. I was also psyched they played "Rats" and LBC. Thursday night's show, though, best show ever.
    Dante: "You hate people!"
    Randal: "But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,257
    The business associate who I took to Boston 1 was so excited about it she sent me the boot as a thank you. I'm like rocking out in my seat right now. Man, we were a great crowd, what a time, what a time, what a band, what a time, what a crowd, what a night! I guess I need to buy the Boston II, and the E. Rutherford shows that I was at, too, eh?

By the way, how do you download the CD label? She was able to affix a label to the CD, and I didn't get if she just created it, or if there's a way to download it. So, Boot fans, what's the process?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i'm watching the dvd right now

ed knew he was in for an ass kicking during release

amazing night
    Don't Believe Everything You Think